Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OFFICIAL: ' Lee Tomlin GONE '

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:03 am

OFFICIAL:

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that following lengthy discussions, Lee Tomlin has left the club by mutual consent.

Lee has made 32 starts (57 games) and scored 11 times in four & a half years.

We’d like to thank him for his contribution and wish him the best for the future.

One start in over a year.

NEVER SEEN OUR CLUB SAY BEFORE AFTER LONG DISCUSSIONS :shock: :o

On 19k a week over 4.5 years he would earn approx £4.4 million so about £137k a start or 400k a goal lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Lee Tomlin GONE

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:14 am

Good riddance, awesome player but no good when he's never on the pitch

Re: ' Lee Tomlin GONE '

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:16 am

Absolutely shocking person, one of our moistly costliest waste of time players, with an awful attitude , GOOD RIDANCE.

He has done the same at his previous 7 clubs.

What a waste of real talent, BUT TOTALLY HIS OWN FAULT.

He has been paid off.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:18 am

I'm surprised it's taken this long !!

Hopefully he's not getting a big pay off because that would certainly stick in my throat :roll:

Certainly saves a big wage for the rest of the season.

No doubt he'll go back to Peterborough and score a hatful after suddenly turning a corner in his battle for fitness :evil: :banghead:

Forever Blue wrote:Absolutely shocking person, one of our moistly costliest waste of time players, with an awful attitude , GOOD RIDANCE.

He has been paid off.

Ken Choo told a few fans Saturday he wont play again for city and there we are Monday he was released.

If any offers come in for Moore January he will also be leaving

:thumbup: :bluescarf:

I guess we’ll never know the terms but I’m happy the fat git is gone from out club.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:21 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Absolutely shocking person, one of our moistly costliest waste of time players, with an awful attitude , GOOD RIDANCE.

He has been paid off.

Ken Choo told a few fans Saturday he wont play again for city and there we are Monday he was released.

Tomlin A very very bad apple.

Sadly losing Moore wont be good.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:21 am

Lengthy discussions must mean he has gone with a big bag of money which given the number of games he actually played for us means he has mugged the club off.

Just hope this will free up some money for MM to go get a free agent or two given the money Tomlin was costing.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:22 am

He has made 32 starts in over 200 games we have played since he has been here Shocking really He has cost over £100k a starting game if he was on 30k a week as many stated

Re: OFFICIAL: ' Lee Tomlin GONE '

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:24 am

One deadbeat gone now for Vassell I hope.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:24 am

Good riddance.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:26 am

I have no issues with Tomlin going but the timing shows a complete lack of footballing brains at the club.

Any decent football person would have recommended that Tomlin was offloaded / even paid off, in the summer so that we could have replaced him. Everyone (well obviously not everyone but certainly us fans) could see Tomlin would never play more than 10% of a season for us.

Holding onto him hamstrung us in the transfer market and look at the state we are in.

Doing it now means that any replacement (and I doubt there will be) will be players out of contract who haven't even played since last season or had a pre season. They will be well off the pace.

However, they will still be fitter than Tomlin!

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:26 am

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:28 am

The problem is people will expect some free transfers now no doubt yet he's probably cost a bomb in contract money to pay him up and f**k him off which some seem to forget. Total waste of money stealing a living he's been for to long in my opinion but there's others at the club doing the same :bluescarf:

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:28 am

Reply FB:

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:30 am

A sad waste of real talent and a shed load of our money.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

He has been paid off.

Tomlin A very very bad apple.

Sadly losing Moore wont be good.

Sadly true the most gifted player we've had in a long time but attitude stinks

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:33 am

Dai hunt phoned the call rob show the other week, and he said, i've spoken to tomln and he said he will never play for MM at cardiff city.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:33 am

Abergavenny wrote:He has made 32 starts in over 200 games we have played since he has been here Shocking really He has cost over £100k a starting game if he was on 30k a week as many stated

19k aweek he was on warnock confirmed it

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:35 am

wez1927 wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:He has made 32 starts in over 200 games we have played since he has been here Shocking really He has cost over £100k a starting game if he was on 30k a week as many stated

What's it cost to pay him up another debt owed no doubt :x

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:40 am

wez1927 wrote:

figure s are actually worse than i thought on 19k a week over 4.5 years he would earn approx £4.4 million so about £137k a start or 400k a goal lol

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:52 am

My guess is now we may be in for Jack Byrne with the wages from tomlin ??

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:07 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

He has been paid off.

If any offers come in for Moore January he will also be leavin
g

Can't help think that the club is trimming the wage bill right down to the wire, possibly with a view to looking for a buyer[s]. A club with our stadium & proven potential, coupled with a sensible wage bill whilst still in the Championship would surely find some interested parties..

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:16 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

He has been paid off.

g

Can't help think that the club is trimming the wage bill right down to the wire, possibly with a view to looking for a buyer[s]. A club with our stadium & proven potential, coupled with a sensible wage bill whilst still in the Championship would surely find some interested parties..[/quote

Linked with the silence from the three wise men, i have no doubt that this is happening.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:18 am

fred keenor wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

He has been paid off.

g

Can't help think that the club is trimming the wage bill right down to the wire, possibly with a view to looking for a buyer[s]. A club with our stadium & proven potential, coupled with a sensible wage bill whilst still in the Championship would surely find some interested parties..[/quote

Linked with the silence from the three wise men, i have no doubt that this is happening.

I agree ,get the books in order so the new buyer can take it on .

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:32 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote::thumbup: :bluescarf:

I guess we’ll never know the terms but I’m happy the fat git is gone from our club.

A complete slob of a man and an embarrassment to his profession

Stole a living most of his career and will likely 'do a Lazarus' by picking up his (sick) bed and miraculously walking into a new club

He couldn't be any less popular if he signed for Swansea... :oops:

Good riddance and don't expect a welcome in the hillsides or the Vales on his return :evil: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Anyone thinking this is going to release money for incomings is, I believe, deluding themselves and the best we can expect is a couple of Xmas recalls

This is a defining season and I feel lots of unpalletable decisions will develop over the next few months

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:39 am

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:My guess is now we may be in for Jack Byrne with the wages from tomlin ??

But we aren't really saving any money in wages regarding Tomlin we will just have paid him up front to leave. If he was say due about £640,000 between now and the end of the season we may have offered him I am guessing anywhere between £250,000 and £500,000 to leave now. We are saving a bit but it won't be very much. Still glad to see the back of the waste of space.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:44 am

I read somewhere claiming Tomlin would not play for MM. If this is so then his pay out would be a lot less than what we think. It should allow us to bring in someone and if we do lets pray its enough to keep us up.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:51 am

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:My guess is now we may be in for Jack Byrne with the wages from tomlin ??

Jack can play on both wings. Id bring him in just so we don't have to see Bacuna any more.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:54 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I read somewhere claiming Tomlin would not play for MM. If this is so then his pay out would be a lot less than what we think. It should allow us to bring in someone and if we do lets pray its enough to keep us up.

that might be my post mate, Dai hunt was on the call rob show around 2 weeks ago, and he said, i spoke to tomlin and he has said he will never play for cardiff while MM was in charge or something along those lines