Cardiff's 'Mona Lisa' diversity mural vandalised Published

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff's 'Mona Lisa' diversity mural vandalised Publish

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:29 pm

Jock wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jock wrote:
brynleybridle wrote:WHY,WHY,WHY, NOTHING BUT A LOAD OF BIGGOTED IDIOTS .HOPE THEY GET CAUGHT AND LOCKED UP WITH HARD LABOUR. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You think someone should be jailed for vandalism? Think you’ve lost a sense of proportion here.

Just a tad OTT (again) from one of the regulars, Jock... :shock:

I passed it a couple of days ago and it looked like a spontaneous rather than planned attack using a left over tin of emulsion

I'd like to think the reprobate (or bates) that did it are (a) remorseful and (b) not Bluebird supporters

Just plain stupid and another blot on the good people of that community :cry:

Just to qualify my point, if the perp turns out to be a Jack he/she should get the electric chair :)

Electric? Anything other than candle-light and they'd have to get it done down here...! ;) :laughing6:

Hung, drawn and quartered, if it turns out to be a 'Hoop', then...? :?: :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Jock » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:45 pm

Sven wrote:
Jock wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jock wrote:
brynleybridle wrote:WHY,WHY,WHY, NOTHING BUT A LOAD OF BIGGOTED IDIOTS .HOPE THEY GET CAUGHT AND LOCKED UP WITH HARD LABOUR. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You think someone should be jailed for vandalism? Think you’ve lost a sense of proportion here.

Just a tad OTT (again) from one of the regulars, Jock... :shock:

I passed it a couple of days ago and it looked like a spontaneous rather than planned attack using a left over tin of emulsion

I'd like to think the reprobate (or bates) that did it are (a) remorseful and (b) not Bluebird supporters

Just plain stupid and another blot on the good people of that community :cry:

Just to qualify my point, if the perp turns out to be a Jack he/she should get the electric chair :)

Electric? Anything other than candle-light and they'd have to get it done down here...! ;) :laughing6:

Hung, drawn and quartered, if it turns out to be a 'Hoop', then...? :?: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Jock

Postby rumpo kid » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:29 pm

If the mural had depicted a white middle aged guy, with paint thrown over it... I wonder what the reaction would be.

In the name of diversity, hopefully the same. But interestingly, I doubt it.
rumpo kid

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:52 am

rumpo kid wrote:If the mural had depicted a white middle aged guy, with paint thrown over it... I wonder what the reaction would be.

You really don’t get it do you !!

I’m a white middle aged guy and have never felt abused or isolated, particularly at a football ground.

Any minority will feel different to the majority particularly in a particular environment like a football ground.

Therefore if we want a joined up, inclusive society we need to outwardly demonstrate that all are welcome.

Surely people can see that ?
piledriver64

Postby Jock » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:22 am

piledriver64 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:If the mural had depicted a white middle aged guy, with paint thrown over it... I wonder what the reaction would be.

I’m a white middle aged guy and have never felt abused or isolated, particularly at a football ground.

Any minority will feel different to the majority particularly in a particular environment like a football ground.

Therefore if we want a joined up, inclusive society we need to outwardly demonstrate that all are welcome.

Surely a smart guy like you can see we’re all being played in a divide and rule system, that benefits only those at the very top. The skin colour of the person in the mural really shouldn’t matter, the only important colour is the colour of the strip.
Jock

Postby avondaleblue » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Right now before I go any further,my late wife and I adopted 2 girls from abroad 1 from Thailand and the from Ecuador in South America. I notice that the police are treating this as a hate crime. Now my point is if that was a mural of a white woman and it had been defaced it would no doubt be called VANDALISM. So until or if somebody is convicted of defacing the mural and says he or her did it because it was a black woman in the mural and they didn't like it then I don't see why it is automatically called hate crime so stoking the racism fire. I was disgusted to see it defaced as I think it is a beautiful piece of work but I am also disappointed for it to be straight away classed as hate crime,unless it is somebody venting their feeling against Mick for City's dreadful performances of late
avondaleblue

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:46 pm

Jock wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Surely a smart guy like you can see we’re all being played in a divide and rule system, that benefits only those at the very top. The skin colour of the person in the mural really shouldn’t matter, the only important colour is the colour of the strip.

I give up !!!!
piledriver64

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:27 pm

avondaleblue wrote:Right now before I go any further,my late wife and I adopted 2 girls from abroad 1 from Thailand and the from Ecuador in South America. I notice that the police are treating this as a hate crime. Now my point is if that was a mural of a white woman and it had been defaced it would no doubt be called VANDALISM. So until or if somebody is convicted of defacing the mural and says he or her did it because it was a black woman in the mural and they didn't like it then I don't see why it is automatically called hate crime so stoking the racism fire. I was disgusted to see it defaced as I think it is a beautiful piece of work but I am also disappointed for it to be straight away classed as hate crime,unless it is somebody venting their feeling against Mick for City's dreadful performances of late

True. And a pity that people are shooting from the hip knowing nothing.
rumpo kid

Previous

Return to General Chat