“ Swansea City FC have just announced “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:09 pm

After Welsh Govt just announced any crowds over 10,000



SWANSEA CITY FC:

We can confirm that NHS COVID passes will be a legal requirement for supporters attending fixtures at the Swansea.com Stadium, starting with the game against Cardiff City on Sunday, October 17.


CARDIFF CITY FC WILL ALSO HAVE TO DO THE SAME FOR THEIR FUTURE HOME GAMES
Attachments
CD14E5BB-5E72-4F5B-8CE0-AF7160E410D3.jpeg
CD14E5BB-5E72-4F5B-8CE0-AF7160E410D3.jpeg (219.76 KiB) Viewed 7463 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 138037
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

“ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:10 pm

Following a Welsh Government vote yesterday (October 5), legislation was passed that means people in Wales aged 18 or over who are attending any event with more than 10,000 people must present an NHS COVID pass.

The NHS COVID pass is Welsh legislation and therefore we are legally bound to comply. This will encompass all supporters, regardless of their vaccination status and will be enforced by the club.

The first fixture under the new legislation will be the visit of Cardiff on October 17, with ticket details for that fixture due to be announced at 5pm today.

The club will be opening turnstiles 30 minutes earlier than usual – so TWO HOURS before kick-off. Therefore, supporters can enter the Swansea.com Stadium from 10am for the Cardiff fixture.

Supporters are encouraged to visit http://www.swanseacity.com/covid-pass to keep up to date with the requirements to attend the Swansea.com Stadium. This page will be updated with all of the latest information as and when things are confirmed.




What is the NHS COVID pass?

The NHS COVID pass is deemed as one of the following:

A digital NHS COVID pass
A paper NHS COVID pass
A negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT) result within the past 48 hours
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 138037
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:17 pm

I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:07 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:


Odd as dont need covid pass in England only Scotland before last night.
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26342
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:09 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:


You will do.

It was announced a couple of weeks ago but had to be voted on this week, the vote was always going to pass - as when there's also a vote on UK covid rules in Westminster.



But you don't need a Covid pass in England. They announced they were going to introduce it for nightclubs etc but bottled it when a few people didn't agree.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 17557
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:12 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:


You will do.

It was announced a couple of weeks ago but had to be voted on this week, the vote was always going to pass - as when there's also a vote on UK covid rules in Westminster.



Ned it was expected to fail as none of other parties would support it..but as we know somehow a conservative A.M managed to miss vote and a tie would mean it wouldn't be passed instead labour won by 1 vote.. :roll:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26342
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby doylum » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:26 pm

Surely the Jacks don't need it if it has to be crowds over 10,000?!?
doylum
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:


You will do.

It was announced a couple of weeks ago but had to be voted on this week, the vote was always going to pass - as when there's also a vote on UK covid rules in Westminster.



But you don't need a Covid pass in England. They announced they were going to introduce it for nightclubs etc but bottled it when a few people didn't agree.


I have a Covid pass with barcode after I Applied via nhs app. It deffo says ‘applies to England’. Runs out on 19th October so need to reapply before then. Strange
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:57 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:


You will do.

It was announced a couple of weeks ago but had to be voted on this week, the vote was always going to pass - as when there's also a vote on UK covid rules in Westminster.



But you don't need a Covid pass in England. They announced they were going to introduce it for nightclubs etc but bottled it when a few people didn't agree.


I have a Covid pass with barcode after I Applied via nhs app. It deffo says ‘applies to England’. Runs out on 19th October so need to reapply before then. Strange

…..I just reapplied. Got a pass that now runs out in November. It again says ‘ 2D barcode valid for settings in England that have opted in to NHS COVID :roll:
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:58 pm

Reply FB:
Attachments
2BF90714-5C5F-46A7-B1CD-18A1531AE052.jpeg
2BF90714-5C5F-46A7-B1CD-18A1531AE052.jpeg (75.59 KiB) Viewed 5657 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 138037
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB:

Employees are exampt according to Wales news Annis. But tbh god only knows :roll:
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:23 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:


You will do.

It was announced a couple of weeks ago but had to be voted on this week, the vote was always going to pass - as when there's also a vote on UK covid rules in Westminster.



But you don't need a Covid pass in England. They announced they were going to introduce it for nightclubs etc but bottled it when a few people didn't agree.


I have a Covid pass with barcode after I Applied via nhs app. It deffo says ‘applies to England’. Runs out on 19th October so need to reapply before then. Strange



You need to use welsh nhs website to get pass ..
If you live in Wales, you cannot get the Pass via the NHS app as this is only valid in England. Welsh nhs app for passport not available until 2022

Your NHS COVID Pass includes a barcode. It is normal for the expiry date to be 30 days. The expiry date refers to the barcode and will update automatically every time you log on to the service. It does not apply to your vaccination status. So confusing this out of date bit can see confusion galore as fans wont have updated Q.R code so wont get read at ground... :roll:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26342
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:


You will do.

It was announced a couple of weeks ago but had to be voted on this week, the vote was always going to pass - as when there's also a vote on UK covid rules in Westminster.



But you don't need a Covid pass in England. They announced they were going to introduce it for nightclubs etc but bottled it when a few people didn't agree.


I have a Covid pass with barcode after I Applied via nhs app. It deffo says ‘applies to England’. Runs out on 19th October so need to reapply before then. Strange



You need to use welsh nhs website to get pass ..
If you live in Wales, you cannot get the Pass via the NHS app as this is only valid in England. Welsh nhs app for passport not available until 2022

Your NHS COVID Pass includes a barcode. It is normal for the expiry date to be 30 days. The expiry date refers to the barcode and will update automatically every time you log on to the service. It does not apply to your vaccination status.


That's my understanding too Al, I read that the app only works for England Covid Pass opt ins and the route for us is via the NHS Wales website. When I last tried to access it the service was unavailable so Id advise folks to not leave it until the last minute.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
User avatar
GrangeEndStar
 
Posts: 6600
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby Wayne S » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:35 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:


You will do.

It was announced a couple of weeks ago but had to be voted on this week, the vote was always going to pass - as when there's also a vote on UK covid rules in Westminster.



But you don't need a Covid pass in England. They announced they were going to introduce it for nightclubs etc but bottled it when a few people didn't agree.


I have a Covid pass with barcode after I Applied via nhs app. It deffo says ‘applies to England’. Runs out on 19th October so need to reapply before then. Strange



You need to use welsh nhs website to get pass ..
If you live in Wales, you cannot get the Pass via the NHS app as this is only valid in England. Welsh nhs app for passport not available until 2022

Your NHS COVID Pass includes a barcode. It is normal for the expiry date to be 30 days. The expiry date refers to the barcode and will update automatically every time you log on to the service. It does not apply to your vaccination status.


That's my understanding too Al, I read that the app only works for England Covid Pass opt ins and the route for us is via the NHS Wales website. When I last tried to access it the service was unavailable so Id advise folks to not leave it until the last minute.


No, it is not separate sites.

COVID passes for England and Wales are on the National (UK) NHS site. If you go via the Welsh Government Website and use the link for Wales COVID pass, it takes you to NHS UK.

Where you obtained that barcode from will be the same for Wales Passes from Next Monday.

I can only assume the "England Only" message will change next Monday.
User avatar
Wayne S
 
Posts: 8576
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:51 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:39 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:


You will do.

It was announced a couple of weeks ago but had to be voted on this week, the vote was always going to pass - as when there's also a vote on UK covid rules in Westminster.



But you don't need a Covid pass in England. They announced they were going to introduce it for nightclubs etc but bottled it when a few people didn't agree.


I have a Covid pass with barcode after I Applied via nhs app. It deffo says ‘applies to England’. Runs out on 19th October so need to reapply before then. Strange



You need to use welsh nhs website to get pass ..
If you live in Wales, you cannot get the Pass via the NHS app as this is only valid in England. Welsh nhs app for passport not available until 2022

Your NHS COVID Pass includes a barcode. It is normal for the expiry date to be 30 days. The expiry date refers to the barcode and will update automatically every time you log on to the service. It does not apply to your vaccination status.


That's my understanding too Al, I read that the app only works for England Covid Pass opt ins and the route for us is via the NHS Wales website. When I last tried to access it the service was unavailable so Id advise folks to not leave it until the last minute.



If they are using Q.R code to authorize entry if fan doesn't log in after 30days will the Q.R code work as be out date...... it sounds like a recipe for disaster
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26342
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:39 pm

Wayne S wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:


You will do.

It was announced a couple of weeks ago but had to be voted on this week, the vote was always going to pass - as when there's also a vote on UK covid rules in Westminster.



But you don't need a Covid pass in England. They announced they were going to introduce it for nightclubs etc but bottled it when a few people didn't agree.


I have a Covid pass with barcode after I Applied via nhs app. It deffo says ‘applies to England’. Runs out on 19th October so need to reapply before then. Strange



You need to use welsh nhs website to get pass ..
If you live in Wales, you cannot get the Pass via the NHS app as this is only valid in England. Welsh nhs app for passport not available until 2022

Your NHS COVID Pass includes a barcode. It is normal for the expiry date to be 30 days. The expiry date refers to the barcode and will update automatically every time you log on to the service. It does not apply to your vaccination status.


That's my understanding too Al, I read that the app only works for England Covid Pass opt ins and the route for us is via the NHS Wales website. When I last tried to access it the service was unavailable so Id advise folks to not leave it until the last minute.


No, it is not separate sites.

COVID passes for England and Wales are on the National (UK) NHS site. If you go via the Welsh Government Website and use the link for Wales COVID pass, it takes you to NHS UK.

Where you obtained that barcode from will be the same for Wales Passes from Next Monday.

I can only assume the "England Only" message will change next Monday.

That makes sense. I actually went in WOL ‘How to get Wales Covid pass’ where there was an option of ‘click here’. I did it and ended up with one to use in England only lol.
I’ll try again next week.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby Wayne S » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:41 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:


You will do.

It was announced a couple of weeks ago but had to be voted on this week, the vote was always going to pass - as when there's also a vote on UK covid rules in Westminster.



But you don't need a Covid pass in England. They announced they were going to introduce it for nightclubs etc but bottled it when a few people didn't agree.


I have a Covid pass with barcode after I Applied via nhs app. It deffo says ‘applies to England’. Runs out on 19th October so need to reapply before then. Strange



You need to use welsh nhs website to get pass ..
If you live in Wales, you cannot get the Pass via the NHS app as this is only valid in England. Welsh nhs app for passport not available until 2022

Your NHS COVID Pass includes a barcode. It is normal for the expiry date to be 30 days. The expiry date refers to the barcode and will update automatically every time you log on to the service. It does not apply to your vaccination status.


That's my understanding too Al, I read that the app only works for England Covid Pass opt ins and the route for us is via the NHS Wales website. When I last tried to access it the service was unavailable so Id advise folks to not leave it until the last minute.



If they are using Q.R code to authorize entry if fan doesn't log in after 30days will the Q.R code work as be out date...... it sounds like a recipe for disaster


You can request a new pass and another barcode whenever you login.

There is no reason for you pass to ever run out.
User avatar
Wayne S
 
Posts: 8576
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:51 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:56 pm

Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:


You will do.

It was announced a couple of weeks ago but had to be voted on this week, the vote was always going to pass - as when there's also a vote on UK covid rules in Westminster.



But you don't need a Covid pass in England. They announced they were going to introduce it for nightclubs etc but bottled it when a few people didn't agree.


I have a Covid pass with barcode after I Applied via nhs app. It deffo says ‘applies to England’. Runs out on 19th October so need to reapply before then. Strange



You need to use welsh nhs website to get pass ..
If you live in Wales, you cannot get the Pass via the NHS app as this is only valid in England. Welsh nhs app for passport not available until 2022

Your NHS COVID Pass includes a barcode. It is normal for the expiry date to be 30 days. The expiry date refers to the barcode and will update automatically every time you log on to the service. It does not apply to your vaccination status.


That's my understanding too Al, I read that the app only works for England Covid Pass opt ins and the route for us is via the NHS Wales website. When I last tried to access it the service was unavailable so Id advise folks to not leave it until the last minute.



If they are using Q.R code to authorize entry if fan doesn't log in after 30days will the Q.R code work as be out date...... it sounds like a recipe for disaster


You can request a new pass and another barcode whenever you login.

There is no reason for you pass to ever run out.


What if you forget to do it before a home game which happens?
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26342
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby Wayne S » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:14 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:


You will do.

It was announced a couple of weeks ago but had to be voted on this week, the vote was always going to pass - as when there's also a vote on UK covid rules in Westminster.



But you don't need a Covid pass in England. They announced they were going to introduce it for nightclubs etc but bottled it when a few people didn't agree.


I have a Covid pass with barcode after I Applied via nhs app. It deffo says ‘applies to England’. Runs out on 19th October so need to reapply before then. Strange



You need to use welsh nhs website to get pass ..
If you live in Wales, you cannot get the Pass via the NHS app as this is only valid in England. Welsh nhs app for passport not available until 2022

Your NHS COVID Pass includes a barcode. It is normal for the expiry date to be 30 days. The expiry date refers to the barcode and will update automatically every time you log on to the service. It does not apply to your vaccination status.


That's my understanding too Al, I read that the app only works for England Covid Pass opt ins and the route for us is via the NHS Wales website. When I last tried to access it the service was unavailable so Id advise folks to not leave it until the last minute.



If they are using Q.R code to authorize entry if fan doesn't log in after 30days will the Q.R code work as be out date...... it sounds like a recipe for disaster


You can request a new pass and another barcode whenever you login.

There is no reason for you pass to ever run out.


What if you forget to do it before a home game which happens?


It lasts 30 days, you will have had to have "forgotten" for quite a while and before a few home games.

If you have your phone you can literally do it in a few minutes outside the ground.
User avatar
Wayne S
 
Posts: 8576
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:51 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby litoblues » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:29 pm

so does that mean english football fans are no longer allowed into wales for the football..that will be interesting..a nice court case brewing maybe. or perhaps reprisals from the football league
litoblues
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:50 pm

litoblues wrote:so does that mean english football fans are no longer allowed into wales for the football..that will be interesting..a nice court case brewing maybe. or perhaps reprisals from the football league


No it doesn't mean that, will be allowed in if they have a covid pass.

As has been said above, a covid pass for the UK covers both England and Wales.

There will be no court cases because there are no legitimate grounds for a court case.

Having said that, although I am fully vaccinated so doesn't effect me, I can understand people's frustrations on this subject if they have been uneasy about the idea of being vaccinated. Or if they don't like the idea of having to show a negative test 48 hours before attending.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 17557
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:58 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
litoblues wrote:so does that mean english football fans are no longer allowed into wales for the football..that will be interesting..a nice court case brewing maybe. or perhaps reprisals from the football league


No it doesn't mean that, will be allowed in if they have a covid pass.

As has been said above, a covid pass for the UK covers both England and Wales.

There will be no court cases because there are no legitimate grounds for a court case.

Having said that, although I am fully vaccinated so doesn't effect me, I can understand people's frustrations on this subject if they have been uneasy about the idea of being vaccinated. Or if they don't like the idea of having to show a negative test 48 hours before attending.

Now I’m completely confused.
Are you saying that you can enter a Welsh venue with a ‘valid in England’ pass?
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:06 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
litoblues wrote:so does that mean english football fans are no longer allowed into wales for the football..that will be interesting..a nice court case brewing maybe. or perhaps reprisals from the football league


No it doesn't mean that, will be allowed in if they have a covid pass.

As has been said above, a covid pass for the UK covers both England and Wales.

There will be no court cases because there are no legitimate grounds for a court case.

Having said that, although I am fully vaccinated so doesn't effect me, I can understand people's frustrations on this subject if they have been uneasy about the idea of being vaccinated. Or if they don't like the idea of having to show a negative test 48 hours before attending.

Now I’m completely confused.
Are you saying that you can enter a Welsh venue with a ‘valid in England’ pass?



No you were right in the first place actually, just checked and I was wrong it looks like.

All it says about people coming from England is:


"The rules will apply to those coming from England, Scotland or elsewhere to Wales. The idea is that visiting teams for sports events will let fans know.

There may be some flexibility on checks to avoid long queues outside stadiums.

But venues should be ready to work with the police and councils to decide when it is reasonable to relax checks."
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 17557
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:12 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
litoblues wrote:so does that mean english football fans are no longer allowed into wales for the football..that will be interesting..a nice court case brewing maybe. or perhaps reprisals from the football league


No it doesn't mean that, will be allowed in if they have a covid pass.

As has been said above, a covid pass for the UK covers both England and Wales.

There will be no court cases because there are no legitimate grounds for a court case.

Having said that, although I am fully vaccinated so doesn't effect me, I can understand people's frustrations on this subject if they have been uneasy about the idea of being vaccinated. Or if they don't like the idea of having to show a negative test 48 hours before attending.

Now I’m completely confused.
Are you saying that you can enter a Welsh venue with a ‘valid in England’ pass?



No you were right in the first place actually, just checked and I was wrong it looks like.

All it says about people coming from England is:


"The rules will apply to those coming from England, Scotland or elsewhere to Wales. The idea is that visiting teams for sports events will let fans know.

There may be some flexibility on checks to avoid long queues outside stadiums.

But venues should be ready to work with the police and councils to decide when it is reasonable to relax checks."

Cheers mate. That seems sensible. :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:14 pm

FULL SUMMARY

When do I need to show my pass?

Anyone who is aged over 16 and has been fully vaccinated in Wales or England, or has had a negative lateral flow test result within the last 48 hours, can get a pass.

However they will only be compulsory for anyone over 18 to enter:

- Nightclubs

- Indoor no-seating events with more than 500 people

- Outdoor no-seating events with more than 4,000 people

- Any event with more than 10,000 people, including sporting events

Passes are also a way of proving you do not need to self-isolate, if you have been identified as a close contact of a positive Covid case, and can be used when travelling abroad.


How do I get a pass?

The NHS Covid Pass is available digitally but you need to register for an NHS login via the website.

You will need to upload a photo of your ID (passport, full UK driving licence, full European driving licence).

This will allow you to produce a Covid pass using a smart phone, a computer or laptop.

Your NHS Covid Pass includes a barcode. The expiry date refers to the barcode and will update automatically. It does not apply to your vaccination status.

It's worth noting that in Wales, you cannot get the pass via the NHS app, as this is only valid in England. This is also different to the NHS Covid-19 app which alerts you if you've been close to someone with the virus.

If you do not have photographic ID you will need to request a paper NHS Covid certificate.

Call 0300 303 5667 for a paper copy at least five days after your final dose.


What if my GP is in England?

For those people living close to the border, your GP may actually be in England.

In that case you may need to use the NHS App system for England.

How will Covid passes work?

Passes are already freely available and venues can already read it with existing technology.

But if they don't have the verifier app, they may judge them by sight.

Festivals, such as Green Man in the Brecon Beacons, have already been using the system.

Wales' First Minister Mark Drakeford said: "These measures are examples of what Sage [the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies] calls low-cost interventions, which may be enough to prevent the need for tougher restrictions later on."


Who will ensure venues are asking for passes?

Council enforcement teams will work with businesses to check they are following the rules.

What if people try to use fake passes?

The Welsh government is considering making it an offence to deliberately falsify a Covid pass with a £65 fine for doing so.

If there is any doubt about whether documents are real, the Welsh government said a Police Community Support Officer should be contacted.

Mr Drakeford said he believed the majority of people wanted to do the right thing, but there could be "significant consequences" for anyone caught misusing the process.

If venues don't follow the rules, they could receive an improvement or closure notice, fixed penalty notice or be fined up to £10,000.


Is it just in Wales?

No, since 1 October, people in Scotland have needed a Covid vaccination certificate to enter nightclubs, adult entertainment venues and large-scale events.

The UK government decided not to go ahead with vaccine passports in England, despite saying they would be introduced at the end of September.

However they might be considered again later, if there is a Covid surge over the winter.

Northern Ireland has not yet announced whether it will introduce a similar scheme.

What happens when people travel from England for big events like rugby matches?

The rules will apply to those coming to Wales. The idea is that visiting teams will let fans know.

There may be some flexibility on checks to avoid long queues outside stadiums.

But venues should be ready to work with the police and councils to decide when it is reasonable to relax checks.

I've got my pass but why does it show an expiry date?

It renews for 30 days every time you download it.

How many passes have been downloaded?

A total of 330,000 passes have been accessed as of 6 October, though some of these may have been duplicated.

What about my rights?

This has been a tricky one that the cabinet has been wrestling with, having met four times to debate the issue.

The first minister said they were "acutely aware" of the civil liberties implication and were giving relevant sectors time to prepare before passes are introduced on 11 October.

However he added that people also had rights to live in a society where everyone takes "reasonable measures" to keep each other safe.

The Welsh government also hopes introducing Covid passes will improve vaccination rates, particularly among younger people.

Jodie Beck, from human rights group Liberty, said: "While we welcome the decision to not exclude those who have not received the vaccine from attending large events, the introduction of a vaccine pass in Wales still sets a dangerous precedent.

"Vaccine passports under any name mean more coercion and division, and risk creating a two-tier society where people who are already marginalised will see their rights and autonomy most affected."

Are there any exceptions?

Generally, no. The Welsh government wanted to avoid excluding those who have not had, or been able to have, a vaccine by including those with a recent negative test.

However, workers, performers and so on, will not require a pass as there are already rules in place for employers to safeguard workers.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 17557
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:16 pm

Covid - Passes ;)
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 21418
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby New Day Rising » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I got a NHS Covid pass a week or so ago and it s stating that it’s ‘for use in England’
I hope it’s that the Welsh vote hadn’t been taken at that time and not that I’ll need a bloody Welsh nhs Covid pass :roll:


You will do.

It was announced a couple of weeks ago but had to be voted on this week, the vote was always going to pass - as when there's also a vote on UK covid rules in Westminster.



But you don't need a Covid pass in England. They announced they were going to introduce it for nightclubs etc but bottled it when a few people didn't agree.


I have a Covid pass with barcode after I Applied via nhs app. It deffo says ‘applies to England’. Runs out on 19th October so need to reapply before then. Strange



You need to use welsh nhs website to get pass ..
If you live in Wales, you cannot get the Pass via the NHS app as this is only valid in England. Welsh nhs app for passport not available until 2022

Your NHS COVID Pass includes a barcode. It is normal for the expiry date to be 30 days. The expiry date refers to the barcode and will update automatically every time you log on to the service. It does not apply to your vaccination status.


That's my understanding too Al, I read that the app only works for England Covid Pass opt ins and the route for us is via the NHS Wales website. When I last tried to access it the service was unavailable so Id advise folks to not leave it until the last minute.



If they are using Q.R code to authorize entry if fan doesn't log in after 30days will the Q.R code work as be out date...... it sounds like a recipe for disaster


You can request a new pass and another barcode whenever you login.

There is no reason for you pass to ever run out.


What if you forget to do it before a home game which happens?


Stay in the pub
New Day Rising
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:29 pm

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:47 am

Fans hoping to attend the south Wales derby clash between Swansea City and Cardiff City later this month will need an NHS Covid Pass.

The game at the Swansea.com Stadium on October 17 will be the first fixture involving the two sides to come under the new legislation, which was passed following a Welsh Government vote on Tuesday.

Under the new rules, anyone over the age of 18 attending an event in Wales with more than 10,000 people from October 11 must offer proof of full vaccination, or a negative lateral flow test taken within 48 hours.

The legislation is likely to affect almost all professional sport in Wales, including regional and international rugby.

Fans that have been fully vaccinated can already download their NHS Covid Pass, which will then be presented in the form of a QR code, or alternatively they can obtain a paper copy ahead of the game.

Swansea have confirmed that they will be opening the gates for fans two hours before kick-off, which has been penciled in for 12pm, in a bid to offer any necessary assistance to supporters.

Confirming the news, Swansea said: "The club acknowledges that the new regulations may present challenges for some supporters and we encourage fans to prepare themselves in advance. To assist with this supporters are asked to review the information on www.swanseacity.com/covid-pass ahead of the next game. This web page will be updated with all of the latest information."

Swansea have confirmed that home fans can snap up their seat for the big game from £25, with Jack Army Members handed priority.

Cardiff are expected to announce ticketing arrangements for their travelling fans in due course.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 138037
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:55 am

Really strange that various sources (BBC, WOL) are explaining about the pass in Wales and offering a link….. which gives you a pass valid in England. :oops:
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 6203
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: “ Swansea City FC have just announced “

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:00 am

The irony of the fan having to jump through these hoops to gain entry having bought his ticket to watch his team a good percentage of the players from which haven't had the vaccine.

All for helping keep others safe but it seems as if civil liberties and freedom of choice stops and starts somewhere between the turnstile and the white line.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:46 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barryblooo, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 240 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.