So can people get a season ticket refund if

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby BigBearBlue1974 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:09 pm

They do not want to be a part of covid passport process.

Seems a fair point if terms of entry have been changed. However, i guess the club got this covered in small print.

Legal eagles needed perhaps.
User avatar
BigBearBlue1974
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:35 pm

So can people get a season ticket refund if

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby JJ1927 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:24 pm

BigBearBlue1974 wrote:They do not want to be a part of covid passport process.

Seems a fair point if terms of entry have been changed. However, i guess the club got this covered in small print.

Legal eagles needed perhaps.

I think its a fair point. If that is correct, there will be a stampede for refunds if we lose again next weeK! :lol:
JJ1927
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:45 pm

BigBearBlue1974 wrote:They do not want to be a part of covid passport process.

Seems a fair point if terms of entry have been changed. However, i guess the club got this covered in small print.

Legal eagles needed perhaps.

Try asking the club and keep the forum posted!

I'm sure a few others are thinking on similar lines, where as others who haven't yet been to matches because of the covid threat may feel safer with the pass now in place.
MR BIRCHGROVE
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby Sven » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:08 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
BigBearBlue1974 wrote:They do not want to be a part of covid passport process.

Seems a fair point if terms of entry have been changed. However, i guess the club got this covered in small print.

Legal eagles needed perhaps.

Try asking the club and keep the forum posted!

I'm sure a few others are thinking on similar lines, where as others who haven't yet been to matches because of the covid threat may feel safer with the pass now in place.

The OP raises a fair point but seems to want others to do the legwork for him...

Maybe he can do the research and enlighten us as to the position; particularly as he has already stated he isn't attending to watch the current dross (or words to that effect) so he has a vested interest in grabbing something back in any way he can?

It's certainly a valid question for several potentially affected supporters though and a definitive answer would be appreciated :thumbright:
"The narcissist measures and judges but will not tolerate being judged or measured..."
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 21673
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:33 pm

On what grounds can anyone have refund ? If someone doesn't want to get passport thats their prerogative and not a valid reason for refund as club not breaking any conditions of sale .... but as passport is a legal requirement its upto fans to comply .....
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26342
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby Sven » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:On what grounds can anyone have refund ? If someone doesn't want to get passport thats their prerogative and not a valid reason for refund as club not breaking any conditions of sale .... but as passport is a legal requirement its upto fans to comply .....

Allan, I'm sure the club have it covered so far as not issuing refunds to the unvaxxed (or in the returning Bear's case just not bothering due to the perceived dross) but it would be useful for the more genuine members with real issues to know

I have sympathy towards anyone who cannot attend for medical reasons but not those who use it as a mere excuse, as many did with the red thing... ;)
"The narcissist measures and judges but will not tolerate being judged or measured..."
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 21673
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:39 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:On what grounds can anyone have refund ? If someone doesn't want to get passport thats their prerogative and not a valid reason for refund as club not breaking any conditions of sale .... but as passport is a legal requirement its upto fans to comply .....

Allan, I'm sure the club have it covered so far as not issuing refunds to the unvaxxed (or in the returning Bear's case just not bothering due to the perceived dross) but it would be useful for the more genuine members with real issues to know

I have sympathy towards anyone who cannot attend for medical reasons but not those who use it as a mere excuse, as many did with the red thing... ;)



Chris those not able to have vaccine for genuine reasons can get an exemption certificate from website to cover this subject..... so not a problem to them except those being pedantic and saying why should I prove why cant have jab..... if needs be you do it? I have to do it to travel on plane for not wearing mask that's virgins rule for travelling and I am not going to say no and miss my Antigua trip in November .. :mrgreen:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26342
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby BigBearBlue1974 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:34 pm

Sven wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
BigBearBlue1974 wrote:They do not want to be a part of covid passport process.

Seems a fair point if terms of entry have been changed. However, i guess the club got this covered in small print.

Legal eagles needed perhaps.

Try asking the club and keep the forum posted!

I'm sure a few others are thinking on similar lines, where as others who haven't yet been to matches because of the covid threat may feel safer with the pass now in place.

The OP raises a fair point but seems to want others to do the legwork for him...

Maybe he can do the research and enlighten us as to the position; particularly as he has already stated he isn't attending to watch the current dross (or words to that effect) so he has a vested interest in grabbing something back in any way he can?

It's certainly a valid question for several potentially affected supporters though and a definitive answer would be appreciated :thumbright:



None of your business what my personal plans are so keep your troll comments to yourself.

My thread was for people who have genuine problems with the principles at play.

Same as the principles of many who didnt go when club tried and failed selling out fans when they went red.

Everyone's got a line in the sand I guess.
User avatar
BigBearBlue1974
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:35 pm

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby welshrarebit » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:09 am

I believe the way around it is to get tested before isn’t it? Within 48 hours.

Firstly it’s not the clubs fault. Blame mark drakeford who forced it through and refused any allowances to the conservative member unable to join remotely.

Secondly, regardless of your views on vaccination, Is a lateral flow that much of a big deal to do??
welshrarebit
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby Bonner » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:42 am

don’t think you should be able to get a refund..
you have 2 choices , either show a negative lateral flow or show your. double jab pass.
It’s not difficult.. if you don’t want the vaccination then surely you have to be prepared to show u don’t have the virus.
Not the clubs problem at all
Bonner
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:45 am

If you can’t have a vaccine for medical reasons then your terms have changed.

If you won’t have a vaccine for stupidity reasons then your terms haven’t changed.
maccydee
 
Posts: 9159
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby Bonner » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:01 am

maccydee wrote:If you can’t have a vaccine for medical reasons then your terms have changed.

If you won’t have a vaccine for stupidity reasons then your terms haven’t changed.

if for medical reasons you can still provide a negative lateral test.. there are options
Bonner
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:33 am

Bonner wrote:
maccydee wrote:If you can’t have a vaccine for medical reasons then your terms have changed.

If you won’t have a vaccine for stupidity reasons then your terms haven’t changed.

if for medical reasons you can still provide a negative lateral test.. there are options


Yeah fair one. I could see a situation where they do give refunds for those who are unable to get jabbed although quite clearly the WAG are trying to make events as safe as possible.
maccydee
 
Posts: 9159
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:17 am

maccydee wrote:
Bonner wrote:
maccydee wrote:If you can’t have a vaccine for medical reasons then your terms have changed.

If you won’t have a vaccine for stupidity reasons then your terms haven’t changed.

if for medical reasons you can still provide a negative lateral test.. there are options


Yeah fair one. I could see a situation where they do give refunds for those who are unable to get jabbed although quite clearly the WAG are trying to make events as safe as possible.



What is the problem? If you cannot be jabbed you just need a lateral test 48hrs before game they are available from most chemists and theres a link in the thread I put up about it all need is proof of its result! What possible reason is there for not having the test? City have put out their criteria what to do so no one has a reason for a refund because of their inability to be vaccinated.... unless they've got a phobia about cotton buds but sure theres alternative to them as well.... :roll:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26342
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:28 am

pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bonner wrote:
maccydee wrote:If you can’t have a vaccine for medical reasons then your terms have changed.

If you won’t have a vaccine for stupidity reasons then your terms haven’t changed.

if for medical reasons you can still provide a negative lateral test.. there are options


Yeah fair one. I could see a situation where they do give refunds for those who are unable to get jabbed although quite clearly the WAG are trying to make events as safe as possible.



What is the problem? If you cannot be jabbed you just need a lateral test 48hrs before game they are available from most chemists and theres a link in the thread I put up about it all need is proof of its result! What possible reason is there for not having the test? City have put out their criteria what to do so no one has a reason for a refund because of their inability to be vaccinated.... unless they've got a phobia about cotton buds but sure theres alternative to them as well.... :roll:


My thinking is if people don’t want to go because if they can’t have the vaccine there are still risks.
maccydee
 
Posts: 9159
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby JJ1927 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:44 am

Sven wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
BigBearBlue1974 wrote:They do not want to be a part of covid passport process.

Seems a fair point if terms of entry have been changed. However, i guess the club got this covered in small print.

Legal eagles needed perhaps.

Try asking the club and keep the forum posted!

I'm sure a few others are thinking on similar lines, where as others who haven't yet been to matches because of the covid threat may feel safer with the pass now in place.

The OP raises a fair point but seems to want others to do the legwork for him...

Maybe he can do the research and enlighten us as to the position; particularly as he has already stated he isn't attending to watch the current dross (or words to that effect) so he has a vested interest in grabbing something back in any way he can?

It's certainly a valid question for several potentially affected supporters though and a definitive answer would be appreciated :thumbright:

I don't think there is a definitive answer as it raises numerous legal points and we are possibly entering new legal territory. The club would argue they are only complying with the law which is fair enough but it could be argued that at the time the contract was made the law was not in place. As it is not a legal requirement to be vaccinated the contract could be said to be argued to have been "frustrated" as new conditions have been imposed which make it impossible to perform unless you are vaccinated. If this is found to be the case money should be refunded.

However the club may have put this in their terms and conditions -it was after all a strong possibility that passports would be introduced when they went on sale-in which case the club may be on stronger ground. However as many season ticket were not offered a rebate on the previous season ticket money - the vaccine was six months away when they bought them -it could very strongly be argued they were unable to have any say over whether they agreed to those terms so it becomes invalid.

As i said very tricky area, so i dont think a clear answer is forthcoming

And before I get accused of being a DIY lawyer by people on this forum- i was accused of being a DIY accountant before - i used to teach Contract Law, but as that was many yeas ago i admit to being very rusty these days.
JJ1927
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:46 am

maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bonner wrote:
maccydee wrote:If you can’t have a vaccine for medical reasons then your terms have changed.

If you won’t have a vaccine for stupidity reasons then your terms haven’t changed.

if for medical reasons you can still provide a negative lateral test.. there are options


Yeah fair one. I could see a situation where they do give refunds for those who are unable to get jabbed although quite clearly the WAG are trying to make events as safe as possible.



What is the problem? If you cannot be jabbed you just need a lateral test 48hrs before game they are available from most chemists and theres a link in the thread I put up about it all need is proof of its result! What possible reason is there for not having the test? City have put out their criteria what to do so no one has a reason for a refund because of their inability to be vaccinated.... unless they've got a phobia about cotton buds but sure theres alternative to them as well.... :roll:


My thinking is if people don’t want to go because if they can’t have the vaccine there are still risks.



Club as designated safe area in top ninian stand for those that are vulnerable and want to be socially distance from others got 7k seats to spread out over so club foing what it can to help vulnerable people... but take point and suspect those unable to be vaccinated will be given refund on the basis you say if they request one.
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26342
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby JJ1927 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:50 am

pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bonner wrote:
maccydee wrote:If you can’t have a vaccine for medical reasons then your terms have changed.

If you won’t have a vaccine for stupidity reasons then your terms haven’t changed.

if for medical reasons you can still provide a negative lateral test.. there are options


Yeah fair one. I could see a situation where they do give refunds for those who are unable to get jabbed although quite clearly the WAG are trying to make events as safe as possible.



What is the problem? If you cannot be jabbed you just need a lateral test 48hrs before game they are available from most chemists and theres a link in the thread I put up about it all need is proof of its result! What possible reason is there for not having the test? City have put out their criteria what to do so no one has a reason for a refund because of their inability to be vaccinated.... unless they've got a phobia about cotton buds but sure theres alternative to them as well.... :roll:

Is it a lateral flow? If so I agree.
JJ1927
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby JJ1927 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:53 am

JJ1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
BigBearBlue1974 wrote:They do not want to be a part of covid passport process.

Seems a fair point if terms of entry have been changed. However, i guess the club got this covered in small print.

Legal eagles needed perhaps.

Try asking the club and keep the forum posted!

I'm sure a few others are thinking on similar lines, where as others who haven't yet been to matches because of the covid threat may feel safer with the pass now in place.

The OP raises a fair point but seems to want others to do the legwork for him...

Maybe he can do the research and enlighten us as to the position; particularly as he has already stated he isn't attending to watch the current dross (or words to that effect) so he has a vested interest in grabbing something back in any way he can?

It's certainly a valid question for several potentially affected supporters though and a definitive answer would be appreciated :thumbright:

I don't think there is a definitive answer as it raises numerous legal points and we are possibly entering new legal territory. The club would argue they are only complying with the law which is fair enough but it could be argued that at the time the contract was made the law was not in place. As it is not a legal requirement to be vaccinated the contract could be said to be argued to have been "frustrated" as new conditions have been imposed which make it impossible to perform unless you are vaccinated. If this is found to be the case money should be refunded.

However the club may have put this in their terms and conditions -it was after all a strong possibility that passports would be introduced when they went on sale-in which case the club may be on stronger ground. However as many season ticket were not offered a rebate on the previous season ticket money - the vaccine was six months away when they bought them -it could very strongly be argued they were unable to have any say over whether they agreed to those terms so it becomes invalid.

As i said very tricky area, so i dont think a clear answer is forthcoming

And before I get accused of being a DIY lawyer by people on this forum- i was accused of being a DIY accountant before - i used to teach Contract Law, but as that was many yeas ago i admit to being very rusty these days.

Just seen that you only need a lateral flow test so i think the club are well within their rights to refuse a refund.
JJ1927
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:53 am

JJ1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
BigBearBlue1974 wrote:They do not want to be a part of covid passport process.

Seems a fair point if terms of entry have been changed. However, i guess the club got this covered in small print.

Legal eagles needed perhaps.

Try asking the club and keep the forum posted!

I'm sure a few others are thinking on similar lines, where as others who haven't yet been to matches because of the covid threat may feel safer with the pass now in place.

The OP raises a fair point but seems to want others to do the legwork for him...

Maybe he can do the research and enlighten us as to the position; particularly as he has already stated he isn't attending to watch the current dross (or words to that effect) so he has a vested interest in grabbing something back in any way he can?

It's certainly a valid question for several potentially affected supporters though and a definitive answer would be appreciated :thumbright:

I don't think there is a definitive answer as it raises numerous legal points and we are possibly entering new legal territory. The club would argue they are only complying with the law which is fair enough but it could be argued that at the time the contract was made the law was not in place. As it is not a legal requirement to be vaccinated the contract could be said to be argued to have been "frustrated" as new conditions have been imposed which make it impossible to perform unless you are vaccinated. If this is found to be the case money should be refunded.

However the club may have put this in their terms and conditions -it was after all a strong possibility that passports would be introduced when they went on sale-in which case the club may be on stronger ground. However as many season ticket were not offered a rebate on the previous season ticket money - the vaccine was six months away when they bought them -it could very strongly be argued they were unable to have any say over whether they agreed to those terms so it becomes invalid.

As i said very tricky area, so i dont think a clear answer is forthcoming

And before I get accused of being a DIY lawyer by people on this forum- i was accused of being a DIY accountant before - i used to teach Contract Law, but as that was many yeas ago i admit to being very rusty these days.



What would be the reason for refund? You dont need passport or you dont need vaccination to get into ground? All you need is a lateral flow test 48hrs before game which are free and readily available with proof of result..... fail to see what grounds there are for having redund
perhaps you can see one? If a person refuses to have test that is there prerogative but cannot expect refund on that basis.
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26342
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby JJ1927 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:59 am

pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
BigBearBlue1974 wrote:They do not want to be a part of covid passport process.

Seems a fair point if terms of entry have been changed. However, i guess the club got this covered in small print.

Legal eagles needed perhaps.

Try asking the club and keep the forum posted!

I'm sure a few others are thinking on similar lines, where as others who haven't yet been to matches because of the covid threat may feel safer with the pass now in place.

The OP raises a fair point but seems to want others to do the legwork for him...

Maybe he can do the research and enlighten us as to the position; particularly as he has already stated he isn't attending to watch the current dross (or words to that effect) so he has a vested interest in grabbing something back in any way he can?

It's certainly a valid question for several potentially affected supporters though and a definitive answer would be appreciated :thumbright:

I don't think there is a definitive answer as it raises numerous legal points and we are possibly entering new legal territory. The club would argue they are only complying with the law which is fair enough but it could be argued that at the time the contract was made the law was not in place. As it is not a legal requirement to be vaccinated the contract could be said to be argued to have been "frustrated" as new conditions have been imposed which make it impossible to perform unless you are vaccinated. If this is found to be the case money should be refunded.

However the club may have put this in their terms and conditions -it was after all a strong possibility that passports would be introduced when they went on sale-in which case the club may be on stronger ground. However as many season ticket were not offered a rebate on the previous season ticket money - the vaccine was six months away when they bought them -it could very strongly be argued they were unable to have any say over whether they agreed to those terms so it becomes invalid.

As i said very tricky area, so i dont think a clear answer is forthcoming

And before I get accused of being a DIY lawyer by people on this forum- i was accused of being a DIY accountant before - i used to teach Contract Law, but as that was many yeas ago i admit to being very rusty these days.



What would be the reason for refund? You dont need passport or you dont need vaccination to get into ground? All you need is a lateral flow test 48hrs before game which are free and readily available with proof of result..... fail to see what grounds there are for having redund
perhaps you can see one? If a person refuses to have test that is there prerogative but cannot expect refund on that basis.

I agree with you and had seconds earlier posted a correction as i thought a PCR was needed. If all that's needed is lateral flow I think this would be seen as reasonable and club would be entitled to reject any claim.
JJ1927
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:10 am

pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bonner wrote:
maccydee wrote:If you can’t have a vaccine for medical reasons then your terms have changed.

If you won’t have a vaccine for stupidity reasons then your terms haven’t changed.

if for medical reasons you can still provide a negative lateral test.. there are options


Yeah fair one. I could see a situation where they do give refunds for those who are unable to get jabbed although quite clearly the WAG are trying to make events as safe as possible.



What is the problem? If you cannot be jabbed you just need a lateral test 48hrs before game they are available from most chemists and theres a link in the thread I put up about it all need is proof of its result! What possible reason is there for not having the test? City have put out their criteria what to do so no one has a reason for a refund because of their inability to be vaccinated.... unless they've got a phobia about cotton buds but sure theres alternative to them as well.... :roll:


My thinking is if people don’t want to go because if they can’t have the vaccine there are still risks.



Club as designated safe area in top ninian stand for those that are vulnerable and want to be socially distance from others got 7k seats to spread out over so club foing what it can to help vulnerable people... but take point and suspect those unable to be vaccinated will be given refund on the basis you say if they request one.


The club are doing brilliantly but people will not feel safe and probably will be be catered for.

As Sven said. Much like with the red I’m sure people will try and use those rules to get refund due to our current performance.
maccydee
 
Posts: 9159
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:25 am

maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bonner wrote:
maccydee wrote:If you can’t have a vaccine for medical reasons then your terms have changed.

If you won’t have a vaccine for stupidity reasons then your terms haven’t changed.

if for medical reasons you can still provide a negative lateral test.. there are options


Yeah fair one. I could see a situation where they do give refunds for those who are unable to get jabbed although quite clearly the WAG are trying to make events as safe as possible.



What is the problem? If you cannot be jabbed you just need a lateral test 48hrs before game they are available from most chemists and theres a link in the thread I put up about it all need is proof of its result! What possible reason is there for not having the test? City have put out their criteria what to do so no one has a reason for a refund because of their inability to be vaccinated.... unless they've got a phobia about cotton buds but sure theres alternative to them as well.... :roll:


My thinking is if people don’t want to go because if they can’t have the vaccine there are still risks.



Club as designated safe area in top ninian stand for those that are vulnerable and want to be socially distance from others got 7k seats to spread out over so club foing what it can to help vulnerable people... but take point and suspect those unable to be vaccinated will be given refund on the basis you say if they request one.


The club are doing brilliantly but people will not feel safe and probably will be be catered for.

As Sven said. Much like with the red I’m sure people will try and use those rules to get refund due to our current performance.



Yes the probably will try but they will say why didnt ask for refund at beginning of season? But as far as I can see nobody as a reason for refund now?
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26342
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:25 am

pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bonner wrote:
maccydee wrote:If you can’t have a vaccine for medical reasons then your terms have changed.

If you won’t have a vaccine for stupidity reasons then your terms haven’t changed.

if for medical reasons you can still provide a negative lateral test.. there are options


Yeah fair one. I could see a situation where they do give refunds for those who are unable to get jabbed although quite clearly the WAG are trying to make events as safe as possible.



What is the problem? If you cannot be jabbed you just need a lateral test 48hrs before game they are available from most chemists and theres a link in the thread I put up about it all need is proof of its result! What possible reason is there for not having the test? City have put out their criteria what to do so no one has a reason for a refund because of their inability to be vaccinated.... unless they've got a phobia about cotton buds but sure theres alternative to them as well.... :roll:


My thinking is if people don’t want to go because if they can’t have the vaccine there are still risks.



Club as designated safe area in top ninian stand for those that are vulnerable and want to be socially distance from others got 7k seats to spread out over so club foing what it can to help vulnerable people... but take point and suspect those unable to be vaccinated will be given refund on the basis you say if they request one.


The club are doing brilliantly but people will not feel safe and probably will be be catered for.

As Sven said. Much like with the red I’m sure people will try and use those rules to get refund due to our current performance.



Yes the probably will try but they will say why didnt ask for refund at beginning of season? But as far as I can see nobody as a reason for refund now?


Agree. Maybe change of rules I don’t know. You know people are gonna try don’t you?
maccydee
 
Posts: 9159
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:27 am

JJ1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:
BigBearBlue1974 wrote:They do not want to be a part of covid passport process.

Seems a fair point if terms of entry have been changed. However, i guess the club got this covered in small print.

Legal eagles needed perhaps.

Try asking the club and keep the forum posted!

I'm sure a few others are thinking on similar lines, where as others who haven't yet been to matches because of the covid threat may feel safer with the pass now in place.

The OP raises a fair point but seems to want others to do the legwork for him...

Maybe he can do the research and enlighten us as to the position; particularly as he has already stated he isn't attending to watch the current dross (or words to that effect) so he has a vested interest in grabbing something back in any way he can?

It's certainly a valid question for several potentially affected supporters though and a definitive answer would be appreciated :thumbright:

I don't think there is a definitive answer as it raises numerous legal points and we are possibly entering new legal territory. The club would argue they are only complying with the law which is fair enough but it could be argued that at the time the contract was made the law was not in place. As it is not a legal requirement to be vaccinated the contract could be said to be argued to have been "frustrated" as new conditions have been imposed which make it impossible to perform unless you are vaccinated. If this is found to be the case money should be refunded.

However the club may have put this in their terms and conditions -it was after all a strong possibility that passports would be introduced when they went on sale-in which case the club may be on stronger ground. However as many season ticket were not offered a rebate on the previous season ticket money - the vaccine was six months away when they bought them -it could very strongly be argued they were unable to have any say over whether they agreed to those terms so it becomes invalid.

As i said very tricky area, so i dont think a clear answer is forthcoming

And before I get accused of being a DIY lawyer by people on this forum- i was accused of being a DIY accountant before - i used to teach Contract Law, but as that was many yeas ago i admit to being very rusty these days.



What would be the reason for refund? You dont need passport or you dont need vaccination to get into ground? All you need is a lateral flow test 48hrs before game which are free and readily available with proof of result..... fail to see what grounds there are for having redund
perhaps you can see one? If a person refuses to have test that is there prerogative but cannot expect refund on that basis.

I agree with you and had seconds earlier posted a correction as i thought a PCR was needed. If all that's needed is lateral flow I think this would be seen as reasonable and club would be entitled to reject any claim.



The criteria set out by city applies to all events that fall under WG rules about passports.. :thumbup:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26342
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:34 am

maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bonner wrote:
maccydee wrote:If you can’t have a vaccine for medical reasons then your terms have changed.

If you won’t have a vaccine for stupidity reasons then your terms haven’t changed.

if for medical reasons you can still provide a negative lateral test.. there are options


Yeah fair one. I could see a situation where they do give refunds for those who are unable to get jabbed although quite clearly the WAG are trying to make events as safe as possible.



What is the problem? If you cannot be jabbed you just need a lateral test 48hrs before game they are available from most chemists and theres a link in the thread I put up about it all need is proof of its result! What possible reason is there for not having the test? City have put out their criteria what to do so no one has a reason for a refund because of their inability to be vaccinated.... unless they've got a phobia about cotton buds but sure theres alternative to them as well.... :roll:


My thinking is if people don’t want to go because if they can’t have the vaccine there are still risks.



Club as designated safe area in top ninian stand for those that are vulnerable and want to be socially distance from others got 7k seats to spread out over so club foing what it can to help vulnerable people... but take point and suspect those unable to be vaccinated will be given refund on the basis you say if they request one.


The club are doing brilliantly but people will not feel safe and probably will be be catered for.

As Sven said. Much like with the red I’m sure people will try and use those rules to get refund due to our current performance.



Yes the probably will try but they will say why didnt ask for refund at beginning of season? But as far as I can see nobody as a reason for refund now?


Agree. Maybe change of rules I don’t know. You know people are gonna try don’t you?



club is allowed to set its own conditions of entry anyway so add that to it's a legal requirement set by WG this debate is irrelevant ...... only exempt people may get away with it but as I've said club made areas available to those supporters and did do at beginning of season so unless situation gets really bad regarding infection rates cannot see club refunding even to them
But never know unless try
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26342
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby bluesince62 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:26 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I believe the way around it is to get tested before isn’t it? Within 48 hours.

Firstly it’s not the clubs fault. Blame mark drakeford who forced it through and refused any allowances to the conservative member unable to join remotely.

Secondly, regardless of your views on vaccination, Is a lateral flow that much of a big deal to do??



I cannot have the jab, but have no problems doing the lateral flow tests.would think anyone in the same boat would be the same?

I do see a slight issue though,this covid pass was not Law. When people bought their st,so things have changed as to the rules and people may have a point regards that? To use their st,the terms have changed? As said, would be good to know what club thinks, although I guess they will find some small print, that prevents refunds under these circumstances?
bluesince62
 
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:02 am

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:39 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:I believe the way around it is to get tested before isn’t it? Within 48 hours.

Firstly it’s not the clubs fault. Blame mark drakeford who forced it through and refused any allowances to the conservative member unable to join remotely.

Secondly, regardless of your views on vaccination, Is a lateral flow that much of a big deal to do??



I cannot have the jab, but have no problems doing the lateral flow tests.would think anyone in the same boat would be the same?

I do see a slight issue though,this covid pass was not Law. When people bought their st,so things have changed as to the rules and people may have a point regards that? To use their st,the terms have changed? As said, would be good to know what club thinks, although I guess they will find some small print, that prevents refunds under these circumstances?



The law is not preventing anyone from going to stadium or going in ... understand the point about it not being in force at beginning of season but what possible grounds can you have for getting refund? Only one could be is cant be bothered to get a lateral flow test Is that a valid reason? In your case even now suspect you could get refund If feel to vulnerable with cases increasing but club as put in provision for social distancing so they may be bit reluctant as they are d trying to facilitate you..
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26342
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby maccydee » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:11 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:I believe the way around it is to get tested before isn’t it? Within 48 hours.

Firstly it’s not the clubs fault. Blame mark drakeford who forced it through and refused any allowances to the conservative member unable to join remotely.

Secondly, regardless of your views on vaccination, Is a lateral flow that much of a big deal to do??



I cannot have the jab, but have no problems doing the lateral flow tests.would think anyone in the same boat would be the same?

I do see a slight issue though,this covid pass was not Law. When people bought their st,so things have changed as to the rules and people may have a point regards that? To use their st,the terms have changed? As said, would be good to know what club thinks, although I guess they will find some small print, that prevents refunds under these circumstances?


Out of interest and feel free to tell me to do one but how come you can’t have the jab?
maccydee
 
Posts: 9159
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire

Re: So can people get a season ticket refund if

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:01 am

maccydee wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:I believe the way around it is to get tested before isn’t it? Within 48 hours.

Firstly it’s not the clubs fault. Blame mark drakeford who forced it through and refused any allowances to the conservative member unable to join remotely.

Secondly, regardless of your views on vaccination, Is a lateral flow that much of a big deal to do??



I cannot have the jab, but have no problems doing the lateral flow tests.would think anyone in the same boat would be the same?

I do see a slight issue though,this covid pass was not Law. When people bought their st,so things have changed as to the rules and people may have a point regards that? To use their st,the terms have changed? As said, would be good to know what club thinks, although I guess they will find some small print, that prevents refunds under these circumstances?


Out of interest and feel free to tell me to do one but how come you can’t have the jab?

Hopefully not on Forum, Neil :thumbup:

It's both private and personal no matter what the issue (of which I have some awareness and full sympathy on his position)

Same with several others... :ayatollah:
"The narcissist measures and judges but will not tolerate being judged or measured..."
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 21673
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: exiled in Norfolk, Google [Bot], Igovernor, Majestic-12 [Bot], mikeyblue, Yahoo [Bot] and 189 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.