Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FGR V Swindon/McKirdy

Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:22 pm

Went to watch this game yesterday, partly due to the fact I want to be entertained at a football game this season. Two really well organised teams with an abundance of youngsters playing which was really good to see.

Swindon had Harry McKirdy up front, once of Carlisle fame who scored a couple against us in the FA cup two seasons ago. What an absolute T**t the guy is but I’d have him in our team every day. Didn’t stop running, was a constant P***k to every opposition player and when they scored the second he ran right upto the FGR fans (me and my old man being the two that he directly taunted, if only he knew we didn’t give a flying duck about the result and we were there to watch some decent football) and had the first touch and skill to back it all up. I’d imagine he isn’t playing at a higher level due to his attitude but he gave 110% for Swindon yday and had to practically crawl off the pitch when he was subbed late on. He loved the interaction with both sets of fans and he created a hell of an atmosphere there practically on his own.

Our players should go and watch his performance from yesterday. They would learn a lot.