Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ex-Bluebird makes 'big trouble' Mick McCarthy

Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:03 pm

Cardiff City headlines as ex-Bluebird makes 'big trouble' Mick McCarthy claim

The latest Bluebirds news from Cardiff City Stadium

By Glen Williams

Manager Mick McCarthy could be in 'big trouble' if he loses against Swansea, says Jobi McAnuff

McAnuff's South Wales derby worry for McCarthy

Former Cardiff City midfielder Jobi McAnuff believes Mick McCarthy could be in "big, big trouble" if his side are taken to the cleaners at Swansea City this weekend.

McCarthy is under pressure after enduring a run of five straight defeats - six in the last seven games - in the league, which has seen Cardiff plummet to 20th in the Championship, one spot below Swansea.

This Sunday represents the biggest game of the season for both the Bluebirds and the Swans, which could work both ways for Cardiff's manager.

A win and it means twice as much to City's fans as it would be over their arch rivals. A defeat, however, and it would be doubly bad, given who the opposition is.

And McAnuff, who played almost 50 times for Cardiff during the 2004/05 season, believes it is a game McCarthy cannot afford to lose.

Sky Sports EFL Podcast, McAnuff said: “I think a bad performance and a bad result [against Swansea], you are going to have to be thinking that he is in big, big, trouble.

“I think the nature of the game anyway, it doesn’t need much bigging up, it’s a massive, massive occasion.

“I think certainly from Cardiff’s point of view they certainly didn’t envisage seeing themselves in this position at this stage of the season given the optimism after Mick McCarthy first came in last year.

“I certainly had them as a team who were maybe one of the outsiders for the promotion tilt this year so I have been really surprised to see where they are and I think it’s a game they certainly can’t afford to lose and I think if they don’t win it he could be in big, big trouble.”

Cardiff take on Swansea at the Swansea.com Stadium at 12.30pm on Sunday.

Re: Ex-Bluebird makes 'big trouble' Mick McCarthy

Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:48 pm

Has long has mm gets his selection right and our team go there with commitmeant desire and passion we won’t have a problem the jacks won’t predict a result before Sunday they never do they are more worried about us than we are about them we can win down there not a easy place to get a result but I’m sure W can get a result there city to win two nil

Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:24 pm

Why would/should we be taken to the cleaners this weekend? :shock:

The Swans are in a predicament of their own right now and will be desperate to win their own (private) Cup Final, so their players/part-time supporters will be/should be more anxious than ours; particularly as they are at home

We have the players, we have a manager who understands a 'local derby' and we have a travelling support who will get behind their team for the whole 90 minutes in a more meaningful way than at home of late

We need to be confident, let our players do the talking on the pitch and Jobi McAnuff can 'do one' in a similar fashion to the one he did when he left us at speed for new pastures back in the day... ;)

Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:26 pm

Jobs I can't wait to get away ex Bluebird