Ethan Laird vs Ryan Giles

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby dorsetblue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:42 pm

Sums up how badly we've used the loan window and why they are light years better than us. Not an ounce of quality anywhere in our squad.
dorsetblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Ethan Laird vs Ryan Giles

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:43 pm

dorsetblue wrote:Sums up how badly we've used the loan window and why they are light years better than us. Not an ounce of quality anywhere in our squad.

They are 3pts above us, and that's cos they beat us today! Light years ahead??? Bit of a stretch.
bluesince62

Postby bluebird1972 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:50 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
dorsetblue wrote:Sums up how badly we've used the loan window and why they are light years better than us. Not an ounce of quality anywhere in our squad.

They are 3pts above us, and that's cos they beat us today! Light years ahead??? Bit of a stretch.

Let’s see who takes the most out of this result
bluebird1972

Postby dorsetblue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:51 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

Forward thinking young manager with a decent squad of hungry players vs Big Micks dinosaur tactics and a shambles of misfits. Yes they are way ahead of us. Two years from now we will be in league two and they don't be any worse than championship. We are basket case, anyone can see that.
dorsetblue

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:53 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

I believe it will be us! New manager hopefully! But I stand by my point of the hardly being light years ahead of us. The table doesn't lie.and the op is a little disingenuous to giles, he I add a decent player, but in this formation?? No.
bluesince62

Postby bluebird1972 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:01 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

I believe it will be us! New manager hopefully! But I stand by my point of the hardly being light years ahead of us. The table doesn't lie.and the op is a little disingenuous to giles, he I add a decent player, but in this formation?? No.

I agree that result papers over their cracks, for us it confirms what we know
bluebird1972

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:11 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Hate it when people rubbish our player compared to opposition one ? Put Giles in their team put Baird in ours then say baird is better? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:16 pm

I think Laird is a very good player even before seeing him today. But considering he had nobody to defend against today and he was up against a slow centre back playing on the left, he was always going to look like a world beater.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby davids » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:52 pm

Ryan Giles plays for us :thumbup:

Ethan Laird is just another Jack b*stard
davids

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:07 pm

davids wrote:Ryan Giles plays for us :thumbup:

Ethan Laird is just another Jack b*stard

Well said :thumbup: although not supposed to call them that... :mrgreen:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebina » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:48 am

He's a good player we saw that at the start of the season, along with Kieffer he's frustrated and now low in confidence, losing six games in a row does that to the best of players!!!!
Bluebina

Postby Blue78 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:27 am

I’m not sure how after watching that game, of all of the things you can make a comparison about you make a scapegoat of Giles.

Laird had support players all around him that occupied our players, giving him both space and options.

We on the other hand never get anyone around Giles or Moore to support them, meaning they are taking on 2/3/4 players who can just squeeze them out.

There was one long ball played yesterday - Moore did brilliantly to win it but our midfield were still on the edge of our penalty area so what is he supposed to do? Same with Giles - he got the ball on the left at one point…not a single player got outside him or ahead of him so he had to take on 3 players and get a cross in…to Moore who on his own apart from two players marking him.

As a manager in any industry, your job is to give your team the best chance possible to succeed - apart from putting a 5 aside team out, Mick couldn’t be doing more to do the opposite.
Blue78

Postby JJ1927 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:59 pm

Giles has been the one bright spot in our season so don't judge him on one game in which he had no support from the full back who happens to be a centre back.
JJ1927

Postby BaltimoreBlues » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:53 pm

Why does this light years quote always come up when they are doing slightly better than us. Swansea just beat a poor Cardiff side down at the bottom of the league, where they are as well. Also I would take Giles over that Jack any day.
BaltimoreBlues

Return to General Chat