Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Lost for Words “

Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:50 pm

Why the f.ck hasn't the club already come out with a statement saying that useless piece of shit has been sacked.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:54 pm

Its not about money to spend. Its the glaring holes in squad that were not addressed. You dont let go players if you cant replace with better.

The only way to hurt the club is stop going, simples. Or just carry on watching this tripe.

Its easy to say support team in the good as well as the bad.

But it's t the blatant cost cutting of team and poor transfer dealings on incomings that turns your stomach. They take our support for granted.

If I was Moore I'd be straight onto my agent. Get me out of this fu... zoo.

All about opinions I guess.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:00 pm

That was the game to turn it around they got thumped. Mick has to go now .The running of the club is in big question now .we are in relation form .i didn't want to remember alan durbam but i do .we are better than all this someone sort it out

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:05 pm

Today is absolute proof we are in a relegation battle

Forget all this we won’t go down bollux. If things don’t change and change fast we are going to be relegated

MM must take a huge amount of blame for today but the players should be ashamed of themselves. Everyone of them lost their individual battles..shocking, doubly shocking as it was in a Derby match

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:08 pm

Somebody made a good point before, this is the worst set of results and performances since Alan Durban who did`nt have a clue.
As football supporters sometimes you doubt yourself thinking well I`ve never played professional football or managed anyone but what do I know. Here the whole thing needs root and branch reform
The manager needs to go just on the basis that he`s so defensive minded and the players he picks can`t defend !
The new manager when he come in should just start playing everyone in their right position and change the formation that surely would lead to an improvement.
Everyone on this board surely agrees the midfield is one paced and we have no pace apart from Giles. Moore when he was through today had no one within 30 yards of him to pass to ! What is going on !
More importantly than all this is the committee - hopeless, inadequate , I don`t think any one of them actually knows anything about football. The youth system has been poor for a decade and we`re only seeing desperation now by playing so many. Wher is our scouting system abroad. We played Brighton reserves in the league cup this year who looked eager, talented and skillful.
All these other teams SoutamptoN, Leicester, Brighton, Stoke, Swansea spend years in the top division because of forward planning on and off the pitch looking to the short, medium and long term.
I appreciate Tan signing the cheques every month but this club is now undoubtedly on a downward spiral.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:31 pm

Just wanted to say, I feel embarrassed, utterly humiliated and left feeling depressed, just short of suicidal after that performance.
Cheers Cardiff City!
I think we've every chance of relegation this season if the last 6 games is anything to go by. If this happens, it could take us years to get back up to the Championship again.
Obviously, Mick has to go, but any decent manager such as Eddie Howe or Chris Wilder are likely to stay well clear of a club that is run by the people on our board and a wealthy owner who constantly makes poor footballing decisions, despite constantly haemorrhaging some of his wealth on our club.
They say 'it's grim up North'....well it's a great deal grimmer in South East Wales today! :banghead:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:40 pm

Northwalesblues wrote:CONFUSED : Has Billionaire Tan ever had a plan?
When he took over in 2010 we possibly had our most talented squad ever, unluckily just missing promotion to the Premiership, then when we did get there he blew it, letting childish pride get rid of the best manager in our history, failing to learn from that second time lack of ambition ended in us losing our second best Manager. 10 years on we are playing a brand of football, I use the term loosely, that you’ll see better in the Conference.
Every member of this forum, if privileged to be a director would be “first in, last out” what we’ve got is an owner that appears to not even understand the rules of the game, a Chairman, who has no emotional interest in the club and is too wrapped up in his “bank manager” world to even be present at the club and Ken Choo, who I’m sure is a “good bloke” but unfortunately appears to be “mummies little helper”

That’s obviously one way to look at it. It’s quite far removed from the truth.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:47 pm

There will be a new derby next season shrewsbury town another shocking display but they game was won by the manager playing 5 at the back that said it all

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:57 pm

montyblue wrote:There will be a new derby next season shrewsbury town another shocking display but they game was won by the manager playing 5 at the back that said it all

Yep because we have always regarded two hours away Shrewsbury as a Derby.

Also, they are in a worse position in league one than we are in the championship.

Apart from that though. Your point has credence.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:58 pm

Did anyone notice our Kick off for second half? Immediate made one pass all the way back to the keeper, hoof upfront, lose possession. Shocking,

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:59 pm

Don’t even blame Tan that much to be honest.

His disastrous appointments Ole and Trollope, well Ole was as a result of Dalman pushing and Trollope had arguably earned the opportunity given the improvement in performances when he joined as head coach.

Malky most would say was a good appointment. Slade some people have decided in hindsight was a bad appointment but at the time had actually been gaining plaudits for attacking football at Leyton orient and winning manager of the year awards. Warnock again a good appointment. Neil Harris had taken Millwall as far as he could and had done a good job, he was destined to join a club at a similar level to us, so again a fair appointment. Mick McCarthy should have been an appointment similar to Warnock, an experienced championship operator who got us out of a relegation fight last year. The main mistake with MM being giving him a new contract before the end of the season.

People are demanding that he backs the manager financially, whenever he has done he has been burned. In 10 years of Tan ownership I can only think of Joe Mason and Zohore making profits when leaving the club. The only multi-million pound signings that we’ve made in this time who have been worth the net transfer outlay are probably Morrison and Manga.

What Tan does need to do however is swallow his pride and replace his mates the ‘committee’ with an actual sporting director, and maybe then we may see progress without having to make huge expenditure.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:01 pm

“ 8 DEFEATS FROM LAST 9 GAMES “

Worst run since Alan Durban days

6 defeats in a row as well under McCARTHY.

Tuesday Aug 24 Cardiff 0 Brighton 2 :cry: League Cup Rd 2 Crowd 6,013 Away Support ( 492)

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Crowd 20,891 Away Support ( 2,440)

Sunday Sep 12 Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 24,153 Away Support ( 1,668) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 15 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away Support ( 1,277)

Sat Sep 18 Cardiff City 0 A.F.C. Bournemouth 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd 19,090 Away Support (1,452)

Sat Sep 25 Blackburn Rovers 5 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 11,670 Away (940) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Sep 28 Cardiff City 0 West Bromwich Albion 4 Crowd 17,363 Away Support 1,680 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sat Oct 2 Cardiff City 0 Reading 1 :cry: :cry: :cry: Crowd 18,400 Away Support ( 1,560)

Sunday 17th October Swansea City 3 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: :cry: (Sky Sports) £30,000 for Cardiff City Crowd Away Support (1,474)

- Fulham (A) – 7:45pm, Wednesday 20th October

- Middlesbrough (H) – 12:30pm, Saturday 23rd October (Sky Sports) £150,000 for Cardiff City :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Oct 30 Stoke City A

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:01 pm

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:02 pm

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:03 pm

Replies FB:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:03 pm

Replies FB:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Replies FB:

Who brings in new owner? Not tans place to do it you need a buyer to come forward 1st? ..... oh so simple from behind social media
To say these things .....

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:14 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Who brings in new owner? Not tans place to do it you need a buyer to come forward 1st? ..... oh so simple from behind social media

You know he has had 2 offers of late?

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:15 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Ian ,

100% Tan has had two offers.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:22 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes apparently so? the one I wouldn't trust to buy 2nd hand car off and other apparently didn't like look of accounts... like said oh so simple to get a new owner ....
I want tan to go but not at any price or to 1st offer that comes along... as we've seen it is not simple a case of someone coming in and buying club.... Coventry had new owners after fans wanted previous one out and they got wish at cost of their ground.. other clubs with problems with new owners.... like say oh so simple..

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes apparently so? the one I wouldn't trust to buy 2nd hand car off and other apparently didn't like look of accounts... like said oh so simple to get a new owner ....
I want tan to go but not at any price or to 1st offer that comes along... as we've seen it is not simple a case of someone coming in and buying club.... Coventry had new owners after fans wanted previous one out and they got wish at cost of their ground.. other clubs with problems with new owners.... like say oh so simple..

Well I would take him back. It was a far better club then and if what I am hearing about him is true then the issue he had before will not be an issue anymore.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:24 pm

by M4 Exile » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:59 pm

Don’t even blame Tan that much to be honest.

His disastrous appointments Ole and Trollope, well Ole was as a result of Dalman pushing and Trollope had arguably earned the opportunity given the improvement in performances when he joined as head coach.

Malky most would say was a good appointment. Slade some people have decided in hindsight was a bad appointment but at the time had actually been gaining plaudits for attacking football at Leyton orient and winning manager of the year awards. Warnock again a good appointment. Neil Harris had taken Millwall as far as he could and had done a good job, he was destined to join a club at a similar level to us, so again a fair appointment. Mick McCarthy should have been an appointment similar to Warnock, an experienced championship operator who got us out of a relegation fight last year. The main mistake with MM being giving him a new contract before the end of the season.

People are demanding that he backs the manager financially, whenever he has done he has been burned. In 10 years of Tan ownership I can only think of Joe Mason and Zohore making profits when leaving the club. The only multi-million pound signings that we’ve made in this time who have been worth the net transfer outlay are probably Morrison and Manga.

What Tan does need to do however is swallow his pride and replace his mates the ‘committee’ with an actual sporting director, and maybe then we may see progress without having to make huge expenditure.

I agree that we really need a sporting director, but NOT a mate of his!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:35 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Well I would take him back. It was a far better club then and if what I am hearing about him is true then the issue he had before will not be an issue anymore.

I would take him back in a heartbeat. What a lot of fans remember is the pain of Black Friday and the subsequent turmoil.

What they may have forgotten is that without that initial cash injection, enthusiasm, pure craziness and vision we would probably still be skulking around in Tier 4. Looking at today's piss poor effort we may be back there sooner than we think if the status quo remains. :bluebird:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:41 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I would take him back in a heartbeat. What a lot of fans remember is the pain of Black Friday and the subsequent turmoil.

What they may have forgotten is that without that initial cash injection, enthusiasm, pure craziness and vision we would probably still be skulking around in Tier 4. Looking at today's piss poor effort we may be back there sooner than we think if the status quo remains. :bluebird:

That is true.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:48 pm

Paulyblue wrote:Why the f.ck hasn't the club already come out with a statement saying that useless piece of shit has been sacked.

Tan doesn’t care, he gives not a shit

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:33 pm

Reply Twitter :

Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:46 pm

We've needed a proven director of football from day one when VT bought us.

Dalman presently does this, and he's an investment banker, not a DOF & his time at Man U is not relevant to us. He appointed Ole as the answer and as much as I loved Neil Warnock, he was a sticking plaster, not the answer of appointing a manager and establishing a framework of a long term club wide philosophy of football, which should have been done 10 years ago. MM's appointment was the same and compounded this - another 'fire-fighting' appointment because of previous knee-jerk appointments and lack of long term strategy. And I agree with a previous poster, VT has been previously been burned when asked to back managers with budget, but the managerial appointments have been wrong as the root problem hasn't been addressed & VT ultimately relies on one person for 'footballing' decisions - Dalman.

Whilst VT needs to make a statement, Dalmans absence this season and present silence is deafening. He's a politician, flatters to deceive and plays to the gallery and is clearly the weakest link/bottleneck at crucial strategic board level. I've been told that VT and KC wants MM gone, but Dalman continues to defend him. Strange that.

Taking the sentiment out of it, VT supplies the capital (which he has done and continues to do) and appoints a board of executives to get a return on investment. He appointed a 'trusted' board and has continually got burned and has now lost interest. VT should clearly identify a DOF is needed and Dalman is not the answer, and should be sacked.

My concern is that the status quo remains which is a shame, as this should have played out so much differently.

But ahead of that, we are now in real trouble and for quite some time, I've been worried that we may have a perfect storm - poor side, poor manager, poor board and an owner that has lost interest and has appointed someone to rationalise Berjaya's portfolio.

In the absolute short term, the only glimmer of light I have was the Reading performance, where despite the result, I thought was a turning point for MM. I thought we would build on that today and am aghast on him reverting to a proven failure set up. The Reading game showed to me that you can get some sort of tune out of the current squad, MM did at Reading but for some reason chose not to today, so maybe Steve Morison could do so going forward as a fix, as I can't see anyone else of quality coming into the current set up but even he, like James Rowberry, who was apparently asked, may refuse to take on what is increasingly becoming a poison chalice.

What a mess.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:58 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:We've needed a proven director of football from day one when VT bought us.

Dalman presently does this, and he's an investment banker, not a DOF & his time at Man U is not relevant to us. He appointed Ole as the answer and as much as I loved Neil Warnock, he was a sticking plaster, not the answer of appointing a manager and establishing a framework of a long term club wide philosophy of football, which should have been done 10 years ago. MM's appointment was the same and compounded this - another 'fire-fighting' appointment because of previous knee-jerk appointments and lack of long term strategy. And I agree with a previous poster, VT has been previously been burned when asked to back managers with budget, but the managerial appointments have been wrong as the root problem hasn't been addressed & VT ultimately relies on one person for 'footballing' decisions - Dalman.

Whilst VT needs to make a statement, Dalmans absence this season and present silence is deafening. He's a politician, flatters to deceive and plays to the gallery and is clearly the weakest link/bottleneck at crucial strategic board level. I've been told that VT and KC wants MM gone, but Dalman continues to defend him. Strange that.

Taking the sentiment out of it, VT supplies the capital (which he has done and continues to do) and appoints a board of executives to get a return on investment. He appointed a 'trusted' board and has continually got burned and has now lost interest. VT should clearly identify a DOF is needed and Dalman is not the answer, and should be sacked.

My concern is that the status quo remains which is a shame, as this should have played out so much differently.

But ahead of that, we are now in real trouble and for quite some time, I've been worried that we may have a perfect storm - poor side, poor manager, poor board and an owner that has lost interest and has appointed someone to rationalise Berjaya's portfolio.

In the absolute short term, the only glimmer of light I have was the Reading performance, where despite the result, I thought was a turning point for MM. I thought we would build on that today and am aghast on him reverting to a proven failure set up. The Reading game showed to me that you can get some sort of tune out of the current squad, MM did at Reading but for some reason chose not to today, so maybe Steve Morison could do so going forward as a fix, as I can't see anyone else of quality coming into the current set up but even he, like James Rowberry, who was apparently asked, may refuse to take on what is increasingly becoming a poison chalice.

What a mess.

Steve morison has the under 24s playing good football so if he was to take temp charge can see the football improving and possibly show tan that long term planning is way forward for club not fire fighting dinosaurs he's employed at times let's hope MM is the last we sign. :old:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:We've needed a proven director of football from day one when VT bought us.

What a mess.

Steve morison has the under 24s playing good football so if he was to take temp charge can see the football improving and possibly show tan that long term planning is way forward for club not fire fighting dinosaurs he's employed at times let's hope MM is the last we sign. :old:

Just read your post on another thread Al which was spot on, I think we both agree that the Reading performance shows that a competant manager can get a tune out of this squad, even if it's to currently to avoid the very real prospect of relegation, which is now our immediate sbort term problem.

Long term though, and if VT is still interested, Dalman has to go and be replaced with a proven DOF. I dont understand why VT hasn't identified this after so much time and expense as a result of Dalmans "Football Busines Expert' advice, which has led us to precisely to where we are. Dalmans clear lack of interest & presence, especially now in times of trouble, speaks volumes.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:42 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

What a mess.

Just read your post on another thread Al which was spot on, I think we both agree that the Reading performance shows that a competant manager can get a tune out of this squad, even if it's to currently to avoid the very real prospect of relegation, which is now our immediate sbort term problem.

Long term though, and if VT is still interested, Dalman has to go and be replaced with a proven DOF. I dont understand why VT hasn't identified this after so much time and expense as a result of Dalmans "Football Busines Expert' advice, which has led us to precisely to where we are. Dalmans clear lack of interest & presence, especially now in times of trouble, speaks volumes.

I don't understand dalmans absence from anything to do with city? although it's not unusual for CEO or other board members being absent for years not sure when last time heared anything from tan or Dalman on city matters so it's hard to ascertain anything useful regarding the situation... certainly a dof is required if we are to sort out the mess we have gotten ourselves into...... hopefully at this present time tan and ken are convincing Dalman that MM needs to go and hear the good news in morning..