Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy: "I am bitterly”

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:13 pm

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy:

"I am bitterly disappointed. It was the same at Blackburn when we had our chances. We had two great chances today and we have got to be better in both boxes, that's for sure. The [first] goal we concede - just giving the ball away we did was disappointing.

"They are a good footballing team and once they go 1-0 in front we have got to go and chase it and got opened up. I am really disappointed in the end.

"I always expect them to give everything, which they do. It's difficult when you are on a run like we are, all of a sudden it doesn't look cohesive and sometimes you get opened up.

"The game-plan worked well at the start, but once we conceded it was disappointing from there on. They give everything they have got, the players, but I would just like us to be better of course."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy: "I am bitterly”

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:15 pm

He says be in work in morning preparing for fulham game? Surely he cannot be allowed to carry on.
During the game after they scored he just stood there arms folded doing nothing....:banghead:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:27 pm

“The game plan started well” but why did he take so long to change things when it wasn’t going well.
Mick you did great when you took over but things have gone beyond repair now.
Thank you and good bye.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:He says be in work in morning preparing for fulham game? Surely he cannot be allowed to carry on.
During the game after they scored he just stood there arms folded doing nothing....:banghead:

He may mot be ;)

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:38 pm

theclaw wrote:“The game plan started well” but why did he take so long to change things when it wasn’t going well.
Mick you did great when you took over but things have gone beyond repair now.
Thank you and good bye.

He showed no passion or emotion when they scored just stood emotionless arms folded not a good motivation for Players.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:51 pm

Walesonline reporting Ken Choo said on a supporters coach this morning "He wanted a new manager". BBC have contacted him to confirm if he said it or not and he has refused to deny it.

MM is toast.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:57 pm

castleblue wrote:Walesonline reporting Ken Choo said on a supporters coach this morning "He wanted a new manager". BBC have contacted him to confirm if he said it or not and he has refused to deny it.

MM is toast.

Ken Choo is actually on our side in many areas but he is ultimately a paid employee doing his job; not unlike most (but not all) on here

Having met and spoken to him several times, I like the man and his (relative to the politician) openness

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:59 pm

In the last 6 games we have scored 1 and conceded 15. What is the game plan exactly? Conceed and not score? Do the right thing mick and f**k off already.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:07 pm

Sven wrote:
castleblue wrote:Walesonline reporting Ken Choo said on a supporters coach this morning "He wanted a new manager". BBC have contacted him to confirm if he said it or not and he has refused to deny it.

MM is toast.

Ken Choo is actually on our side in many areas but he is ultimately a paid employee doing his job; not unlike most (but not all) on here

Having met and spoken to him several times, I like the man and his (relative to the politician) openness

Agreed a nice guy Chris but do you think he said this? And did he get any applications from fans on the bus. :lol: :lol:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... y-21884776

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:16 pm

Sven wrote:

MM is toast.

He must have someone in mind then and ready to approach once MM is shown the door.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:24 pm

I'm bitterly disappointed too Mick. Disappointed that I have had to watch the garbage you have served up for the vast majority of the time you have been in charge. Disappointed that any player with pace or flair was removed from the club under your watch. Disppoainted that you seem to have taken the club backwards by at least five years and left us with a threadbare squad that will be lucky to survive even after you have gone with your payout. The football hasn't been particularly great to watch since Dave Jones days, but at least Warnock, Malky and even Harris to a certain degree seemed to have a plan and an idea of the players that could implement it whereas you seem to be utterly clueless about both. Please go and at least give us the chance to salvage our season.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:33 pm

Losing today , picking 5 CH he has lost all credibility with all fans.
Why he has not gone already is beyond me.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy:

"I am bitterly disappointed. It was the same at Blackburn when we had our chances. We had two great chances today and we have got to be better in both boxes, that's for sure. The [first] goal we concede - just giving the ball away we did was disappointing.

"They are a good footballing team and once they go 1-0 in front we have got to go and chase it and got opened up. I am really disappointed in the end.

"I always expect them to give everything, which they do. It's difficult when you are on a run like we are, all of a sudden it doesn't look cohesive and sometimes you get opened up.

"The game-plan worked well at the start, but once we conceded it was disappointing from there on. They give everything they have got, the players, but I would just like us to be better of course."

"I am bitterly disappointed" too Mick.

Still, you can console yourself with a nice 400k payoff as a failure.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:07 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:

"I am bitterly disappointed" too Mick.

Still, you can console yourself with a nice 400k payoff as a failure.

Bruce get a nice payoff £8m if you believe it.... so getting rid of mick be worth £400k :mrgreen:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:26 pm

We wont pay him off, if he was going it would have been tonight

Our gutless chairman again failing to show his face or communicate with our fans.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:20 pm

I've had 15 pints and even I'm not that deluded ffs stay off the drugs mick

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:54 pm

Haven’t seen any really decent attacking football since the halcyon days under Jones. There were instances of it under Mackay and Warnock but that apart we’ve been starved of excitement for too long.
McCarthys excuses are pitiful.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:19 pm

Apparently we played one of the best teams in the league.
Who previously drew 0-0 with Derby.
However, he hopes things go better at Fulham. Good luck with that one

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:14 pm

Can't believe Mccarthy was given a contract.. Diabolical team to watch.. Park football is much better

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:17 pm

fred keenor wrote:We wont pay him off, if he was going it would have been tonight

Our gutless chairman again failing to show his face or communicate with our fans.

Get the feeling you’re right, was expecting him to be gone by now, looks like still here for Fulham at least

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:05 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil: