Another Next Manager Thread

Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:54 pm

Come on club have some bollocks and go and get Nathan jones
Works well on a low budget and gets players playing footy

Re: Next manager

Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:08 pm

darty1111 wrote:Come on club have some bollocks and go and get Nathan jones

Really ? Stoke had more money to spend than us but his record there was pretty poor.

Joined January 2019, won three matches of the remaining 21 in 2018–19 as Stoke ended in 16th position. During the summer transfer window Jones brought in ten new players to build his own squad. Stoke won only a point from the first six matches. Jones was sacked on 1 November 2019 after winning just two of the first 14 matches of the 2019–20 season.

Still, he may offer continuity in terms of carrying on where McCarthy left off :lol: :lol:

I want an unproven young manager, not one who has proved already that he's limited !!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:18 pm

As I said at the time we should have gone all out for Steve Cooper when he was available. If he had left the Jacks on a good note I would have thought he wouldn't have come here, but he didn't and now look at what he is doing with Forest even without a transfer window to get in his loans.
We have majorly messed up.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:59 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:As I said at the time we should have gone all out for Steve Cooper when he was available. If he had left the Jacks on a good note I would have thought he wouldn't have come here, but he didn't and now look at what he is doing with Forest even without a transfer window to get in his loans.

You were right :thumbup:

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:01 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:As I said at the time we should have gone all out for Steve Cooper when he was available. If he had left the Jacks on a good note I would have thought he wouldn't have come here, but he didn't and now look at what he is doing with Forest even without a transfer window to get in his loans.

The Forest squad has a lot more quality than what we have, even more so than what the Jacks have now. That is why Cooper chose Forest.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:24 am

piledriver64 wrote:

Really ? Stoke had more money to spend than us but his record there was pretty poor.

Joined January 2019, won three matches of the remaining 21 in 2018–19 as Stoke ended in 16th position. During the summer transfer window Jones brought in ten new players to build his own squad. Stoke won only a point from the first six matches. Jones was sacked on 1 November 2019 after winning just two of the first 14 matches of the 2019–20 season.

Still, he may offer continuity in terms of carrying on where McCarthy left off :lol: :lol:

I want an unproven young manager, not one who has proved already that he's limited !!

You want UNPROVEN Manager :lol: :lol:

So your mates Tan & Dalman can continue to dictate to.

10 managers / 6 CEO including the comedian Choo, 5th from bottom of the Championship and in more debt than 11 yrs ago abd this is all down to the people at the Top as they have the final say on everything and that is how All businesses are run a fact.

Open your eyes.

Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

You want UNPROVEN Manager :lol: :lol:

So your mates Tan & Dalman can continue to dictate to.

10 managers / 6 CEO including the comedian Choo, 5th from bottom of the Championship and in more debt than 11 yrs ago abd this is all down to the people at the Top as they have the final say on everything and that is how All businesses are run a fact.

Open your eyes.

Firstly, I'm no different to you when it comes to whether Dalman or Tan are my mates. They're not, never met them.

Where I am different to you in that I'm not part of the "Hammam love-in" because I have a mind of my own and I can remember the bad times as well as the good and he wasn't my "mate". I just try to be balanced which is something you cannot claim.

So don't make assumptions about me with little substance. I would welcome new owners if they had the money to pay for it, invest and maintain the financial stability we've had since Tan took over. None of that would be provided by Hammam or anyone he managed to convince to bankroll any bid he made.

Secondly, staying with the realistic theme, name me an established manager that would come here and then take us forward ? You'll struggle.

Personally I'd go for Hudson who has coached at Premiership level and understands the club.

If they're looking for an interim manager I'd go for Morrison. Again, he now knows the club, has the U23s organised and playing very attractive football.

Other realistic options could include Ainsworth or Flynn but I'm not sure Flynn has done enough to fully convince me.