Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANYONE WHO HOPES WE LOSE TONIGHT

Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:50 am

imo i cannot call themselves a Cardiff fan.. irrelevant of your thought on our situation/manager,I think it disgraceful when I read fans saying ‘hope we lose so he can get sacked’
We need the points!! Supporting your club is a’life ‘ thing, not just in good times.

Re: ANYONE WHO HOPES WE LOSE TONIGHT

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:35 am

Bonner wrote:imo i cannot call themselves a Cardiff fan.. irrelevant of your thought on our situation/manager,I think it disgraceful when I read fans saying ‘hope we lose so he can get sacked’
We need the points!! Supporting your club is a’life ‘ thing, not just in good times.

I don't think there are many of them, plenty who think we'll lose but very few wanting us to lose!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:21 am

Bluebina wrote:
Bonner wrote:imo i cannot call themselves a Cardiff fan.. irrelevant of your thought on our situation/manager,I think it disgraceful when I read fans saying ‘hope we lose so he can get sacked’

I don't think there are many of them, plenty who think we'll lose but very few wanting us to lose!

I think you might be wrong there and quite a few would take a loss, if it meant Mick goes sooner rather than later

I agree with Bonner that supporting the team onfield is paramount and completey different to off field politics

We should get behind whatever team Mick McCarthy picks tonight until the performance and/or score dictates

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:19 pm

No, I don't hope we lose, but do think it'll be a miracle if we don't.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:48 pm

To be honest I'm indifferent to whether I think someone should actively want the club to loose. Although never at the game when they should be supported unless things start going pair shaped like they did Sunday. I can see why people do think that. It's not that they aren't supporters, they feel like a short term sacrifice is better if it helps the long term future. It's just a different outlook on how they feel they should support the club.
In that way I would say that I want them to win tonight but wouldn't be that disappointed if we lost if it means we can finally progress and get out of the hole we are in.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:55 pm

I hope we win 5-0 and Mick gets sacked tomorrow!

Wonder if Mitrovic will do the "swim away" if he scores against us?

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:11 pm

I would never hope for a city defeat, but I think we'll lose tonight. We would be up against it playing Fulham even if we were on a good run, but to take them on in the middle of a run we're having makes it doubly difficult. All we can hope for tonight is an improvement on the pitch, (make that vast improvement) and let's at least have a go at them. :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:13 pm

davids wrote:I hope we win 5-0 and Mick gets sacked tomorrow!

After his 'Ayatollah', I think I could almost forgive him...! :ayatollah:

Priceless moments like that rarely have the same effect repeated and (assuming he scores) we can almost expect it; unlike the 'Jacks' :laughing6:

Right or wrong, I was told Harry Wilson put him up to it...! ;) :clap: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:08 pm

davids wrote:I hope we win 5-0 and Mick gets sacked tomorrow!

Well did ayatollah after scored against swans... are there any swans players in team?

Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:36 pm

I've never ever wanted the club to lose, despite what some on here would like to think.

It ruins my weekend/midweek.

Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:39 pm

i hope we win through a miraculous own goal after a completely irredeemable performance

Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:47 pm

I certainly want us to win tonight and Saturday I never want city to lose no matter whose the manger

Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:34 pm

Hate when we lose.