Chris Wilder

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chris Wilder

Postby mucker » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:02 pm

Rob Phillips just said on Radio Wales that Chris Wilder is in the stand at Fulham.mmmmmm?
mucker

Chris Wilder

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Chris Wilder

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:31 pm

Get him in.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby Welsh Exile » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:50 pm

I think he would be class for us, experienced, plays decent football and one I think the fans would warm too.

My concern would be, would the board let him do things his way, or would he even put up with the constraints the board would put on him financially.

If he was to come I reckon the only way would be if he was guaranteed a war chest to build on, and cant see that happening.
Welsh Exile

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:52 pm

I’d be amazed if there was anything in this but if there was there wouldn’t be too many dissenting voices, even on this board !!!!!!!
piledriver64

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:04 pm

No chance lads he fell out with the sheff United owner easily and that for me was down to his own waste of funds so can’t see him working with tan on no budget at all
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:05 pm

piledriver64 wrote:I’d be amazed if there was anything in this but if there was there wouldn’t be too many dissenting voices, even on this board !!!!!!!

Definitely wont be....its nonsense to say he wouldn't come here but like all prospective employees he would want right conditions to take job if offered be same for anybody looking at any club? Plus side wilder worked with lesser players than city got and turned them into promotion material twice in a row. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

We have more chance getting his brother

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:12 pm

I think we would have more chance getting his brother Deontay to manage us than Chris Wilder taking the job......
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:20 pm

I'd take Wilder, but he'd have to work miracles with the small, pathetic squad we had until the transfer window.

If he was to take over he must have got assurances that he can spend money in Jan.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Re: We have more chance getting his brother

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:22 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:I think we would have more chance getting his brother Deontay to manage us than Chris Wilder taking the job......

Why? You and other so called fans have a very low view of our city and club to suggest a manager wont come here ? Hes out of a job no other club look like changing manager next few days .... so suppose he'll wait for some club that he wants to manage sack their manager and he'll walk into that club? Got to laugh
how people think it's that simple
to walk into any job before it becomes available if indeed it
does...:laughing5:
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:24 pm

Barclay1 wrote:I'd take Wilder, but he'd have to work miracles with the small, pathetic squad we had until the transfer window.

If he was to take over he must have got assurances that he can spend money in Jan.

At least you are optimistic about him coming here if job becomes available.. not like some who think our city and club are worthless and not fit to have wilder... :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby Ibby » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:28 pm

Mixed feeling on him. Left the Blades under bad terms with the owner.
Ibby

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:31 pm

Ibby wrote:Mixed feeling on him. Left the Blades under bad terms with the owner.

That's not unusual in fact half the time managers leave because of differences with owners. :mrgreen:
pembroke allan

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:I'd take Wilder, but he'd have to work miracles with the small, pathetic squad we had until the transfer window.

At least you are optimistic about him coming here if job becomes available.. not like some who think our city and club are worthless and not fit to have wilder... :roll:

See, I'm not always negative... he's over achieved some might say, but he plays a system where his centre backs are expected to take the ball upfield and almost play as wing backs. Keeps the ball on the deck, and likes to play.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby darran1927 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:49 pm

Apparently he was at Charlton game yesterday too so maybe nothing in it
darran1927

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:55 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

See, I'm not always negative... he's over achieved some might say, but he plays a system where his centre backs are expected to take the ball upfield and almost play as wing backs. Keeps the ball on the deck, and likes to play.

I know but nice all the same to see it.. :laughing6: but we do need his kind of management and way of playing especially as hes done it with mostly none championship players
pembroke allan

Postby ThomasC » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:40 pm

It's not an unrealistic appointment if the board really wanted it :bluebird:
ThomasC

Postby Igovernor » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:02 pm

They have talked to him along with a n other!
Igovernor

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:25 pm

darran1927 wrote:Apparently he was at Charlton game yesterday too so maybe nothing in it

Yeah apparently on scouting mission. Only thing I'm assured of that is he was not there to watch our players.
Bakedalasker

Postby keano » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:34 am

Roy Keane incoming
keano

Postby montyblue » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:45 am

Rob earnshaw. Yawn
montyblue

Postby Bluebina » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:12 am

ThomasC wrote:It's not an unrealistic appointment if the board really wanted it :bluebird:

Agreed a reasonable fit, he's not Klopp or Pep!
Bluebina

Postby Whistler » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:29 am

Interesting ! Why would he rock up at Fulham v Cardiff in London when I assume he lives up north from his job in Sheffield for just coming to watch a championship match on a wet Wednesday ??? :shock:
Whistler

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:28 pm

darran1927 wrote:Apparently he was at Charlton game yesterday too so maybe nothing in it

Now that is interesting seeing as they just sacked Adkins today....he's obviously on lookout for opening ...
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:30 pm

Whistler wrote:Interesting ! Why would he rock up at Fulham v Cardiff in London when I assume he lives up north from his job in Sheffield for just coming to watch a championship match on a wet Wednesday ??? :shock:

Hes looking for opportunity as at Charlton previous night and they sack Adkins today mick gone after Saturday so he'll have a choice now?
pembroke allan

Postby Blueman39 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Whistler wrote:Interesting ! Why would he rock up at Fulham v Cardiff in London when I assume he lives up north from his job in Sheffield for just coming to watch a championship match on a wet Wednesday ??? :shock:

I’d love him to come to city....good track record with good style of football...nobody knows why he fell out with the owners at SUFC and I for one don’t care.
If he was there scouting us then he will atleast have seen abit of us without 5 cbs!
Blueman39

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Blueman39 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I’d love him to come to city....good track record with good style of football...nobody knows why he fell out with the owners at SUFC and I for one don’t care.
If he was there scouting us then he will atleast have seen abit of us without 5 cbs!

I'm sure he saw enough to think he can work with the players here and wouldn't be surprised if hes looked at couple of videos of recent games because he would know micks job in jepody after 5 defeats in row. Thats how the know what uo say in interview they study the team before interviews
pembroke allan

Postby JulesK » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:51 am

Wilder could get some of these players going again, hope me doesn't want to fetch McBurnie here :D :D :D :D :D
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby Sven » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

It's often a reflection of their own lack of self-worth, Allan; so the 'big' themselves up anonymously on social media as compensation

A bit like that driver who is willing to have a 'pop' from the safety of their moving vehicle compkete with cenrral locking but wouldn't have the balls to do it on the street... ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:30 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It's often a reflection of their own lack of self-worth, Allan; so the 'big' themselves up anonymously on social media as compensation

A bit like that driver who is willing to have a 'pop' from the safety of their moving vehicle compkete with cenrral locking but wouldn't have the balls to do it on the street... ;)

Chris regardless of the shinanigans at city it is still one of the better jobs to have in championship prestige wise? If a manager doesnt come here its because he doesn't fancy what hes been told or hes after bigger fish like Howe is.... just dont get this nobody worthwhile will come here they will if we ask them that is.. and probably there lies the problem asking the right person? Something tan is not good at upto now. :shock:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat