The Truth of Swim Away 1988 (inc. Part 2)

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Truth of Swim Away 1988:

Postby RV Casual » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:01 pm

Thomas10 wrote:How did the Cardiff lads get on at Newbury racecourse ? Second best I heard

They did ok actually in a row with some lads from Gorseinon
Rugby Club who had a copper with them who gave evidence against the Cardiff Boys, you probably wouldn't want to try and claim that surely
RV Casual

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby RV Casual » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:08 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Thomas10, you are on the wrong site go over to your own fans site, I doubt very much you attend jacks games though as you are living in Holt England. You are just on here as a windup, so go now!

Holt ? Never even heard of the place, let alone live there

Perhaps you have heard of Finchley!

Vaguely, but certainly don't live there

Last post from me you are definitely living at one of those locations, as per your IP address :wave:

I'm not being funny mate but using admin privileges to look up posters IP addresses, then posting their location on here is poor form.

What are you on about you do not have to be admin or mod as i am if you knew anything about ip adresses you would know that anyone can look up an ip adress just google it besides if what he said is true he is from llanelli he is using a vpn. I do not believe also you cannot find a home address unless you are the police only an area.

What I'm on about is looking up someone's IP address on here and then sharing it with the board is in my opinion very odd/weired behaviour when you don't really have any justification for it other than you don't like what the person has posted, hope that clarifies my position.

If a poster chooses to share their name or location on here then thats up to them, not you.

An IP address does not reveal a persons location. The best it will reveal is the supplier of the persons internet provider. Then that supplier could have several locations across the country.

No idea as I'm not a computer expert but the mod on here seemed pretty pleased with himself that he had found out where the bloke was posting from based on searching his IP address which as I said and stand by is f*cking weired/oddball behaviour in my opinion.
RV Casual

Postby rumpo kid » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:11 pm

Common theme, they had to rely on plod to shift our 30 off the North Bank in 82.. didn’t fancy it themselves.. happened again a few years later.
rumpo kid

Postby Igovernor » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:21 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Thomas10, you are on the wrong site go over to your own fans site, I doubt very much you attend jacks games though as you are living in Holt England. You are just on here as a windup, so go now!

Holt ? Never even heard of the place, let alone live there

Perhaps you have heard of Finchley!

Vaguely, but certainly don't live there

Last post from me you are definitely living at one of those locations, as per your IP address :wave:

I'm not being funny mate but using admin privileges to look up posters IP addresses, then posting their location on here is poor form.

What are you on about you do not have to be admin or mod as i am if you knew anything about ip adresses you would know that anyone can look up an ip adress just google it besides if what he said is true he is from llanelli he is using a vpn. I do not believe also you cannot find a home address unless you are the police only an area.

What I'm on about is looking up someone's IP address on here and then sharing it with the board is in my opinion very odd/weired behaviour when you don't really have any justification for it other than you don't like what the person has posted, hope that clarifies my position.

If a poster chooses to share their name or location on here then thats up to them, not you.

An IP address does not reveal a persons location. The best it will reveal is the supplier of the persons internet provider. Then that supplier could have several locations across the country.

No idea as I'm not a computer expert but the mod on here seemed pretty pleased with himself that he had found out where the bloke was posting from based on searching his IP address which as I said and stand by is f*cking weired/oddball behaviour in my opinion.

And my opinion is that anyone can look up an IP adress so what is the problem with you guys, you get newbies coming on here, jacks most of them, to wind up city fans, it really is a pity that you have not got better things to worry about :wave:
Igovernor

Postby Igovernor » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:28 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

It shows how much you know, an IP adress will show where that persons area is and it will not be out of that area, please look it up, as I cannot be bothered to!
Igovernor

Postby Don't Sack Mackay » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:37 pm

Thanks for clarification Annis!
Don't Sack Mackay

Postby RV Casual » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:58 pm

FAO Igovenor

YOU are the one who has gone out of your way to actively search another posters IP adress, not only that but then post their location on here and try to be smug about it, that is WEIRED/ODDBALL behaviour. When you talk about having bigger things to worry about maybe start at home.
RV Casual

Postby Carpe Diem » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:02 am

I believe the swim thing was just a response to the ayatollah and all the positive attention it brought Cardiff fans, so as usual born out of jealousy from them. I’ve no problem with it coming from their small fan base, we all know the truth and I don’t anyone who is bothered about it in the slightest.

BUT as from their viewpoint it’s some kind of major hooligan victory, you cannot have players and the manager churning it out as surely they are then condoning such acts? Unless perhaps they publicly recognise that it’s based on a total fabrication / exaggeration of the truth?

Good to hear the old accounts though and I remember well the 91 fa cup day and all that went on. It’s laughable to think their fans hold themselves up to be any kind of force at all
Carpe Diem

Postby Sven » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:21 am

Carpe Diem wrote:I believe the swim thing was just a response to the ayatollah and all the positive attention it brought Cardiff fans, so as usual born out of jealousy from them. I’ve no problem with it coming from their small fan base, we all know the truth and I don’t anyone who is bothered about it in the slightest.

BUT as from their viewpoint it’s some kind of major hooligan victory, you cannot have players and the manager churning it out as surely they are then condoning such acts? Unless perhaps they publicly recognise that it’s based on a total fabrication / exaggeration of the truth?

Good to hear the old accounts though and I remember well the 91 fa cup day and all that went on. It’s laughable to think their fans hold themselves up to be any kind of force at all

Good post... :thumbup:

I was only thinking earlier that with the 'Jacks' low standard of literacy, the word 'force' may just be an honest spelling mistake from them...?

Change the 'o' for an 'a' and...!... ;) :laughing6: :lol: :laughing5:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:07 am

RV Casual wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:How did the Cardiff lads get on at Newbury racecourse ? Second best I heard

They did ok actually in a row with some lads from Gorseinon
Rugby Club who had a copper with them who gave evidence against the Cardiff Boys, you probably wouldn't want to try and claim that surely

Steve and a few boxers Swansea had.

It was not football v football , so yes they did ok.

Plus by the coaches when other Cardiff ( Docks lads) who had missed what happened inside came over Swansea actually did not want to know them
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:08 am

Don't Sack Mackay wrote:Thanks for clarification Annis!

Your welcome , all 100% true. :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Canton104 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:00 am

How did your top boy’ get on when he attacked two young lads in his taxi with a baseball bat?

I can keep this up for a very long time. You’ll be out of stories very quickly.
Canton104

Postby Sven » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:28 am

This has to be a truly embarrassing thread for the Desperate Dans (or Dan) purporting to be 'Jacks' :oops:

What Annis put out is a true reflection of events re the 'swim away' and as I say elsewhere, if that's all they (and I say 'they' in the belief at least two of the names posting are one and the same person) have to throw back in the great scheme of banter, then we can suck it up with bellys full of laughter at the pathetic attempts to wind up their (but not necessarily our) biggest rivals

They've had their moment in the sun and 'Jack' Neil Taylor alluded to that on Sky last week when he said the Swans had somewhat over achieved 'as a smaller club'

Fusilier52 is the new Forum Stan Stennet, is comedically way out of his depth on this thread, as he is on most others and using stage characters Billy and Bonzo (and any others he can think up) to 'support' his own lies, exaggerations and narcissitic fantasies

Give it up, Jacks; you're out of your depth, just as you were once beyond beyond ankle level when your brave 'mob' were chasing a disconnected (from the main group) handful of kids into the sea

Something to be 'proud' of? :?:

Even for you lot, surely not? :shock: :roll: :oops:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby actionman » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:29 am

And we are mentioned in a film about hooligans. I think it’s the one with Elijah Woods in where he joins West Ham supporters
actionman

Postby Sven » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:43 am

actionman wrote:And we are mentioned in a film about hooligans. I think it’s the one with Elijah Woods in where he joins West Ham supporters

We are and it was Green Street; but no mention of the song you seemed so desperate to resurrect the other day though... ;) :thumbright:
Sven

Postby goats » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:17 am

No doubts the jacks commenting here weren’t even born then, yet a few cardiff fans were actuallythere…..I recall most of the lads I knew who were from cardiff didn’t have a clue what they were even on about when they started singing swim away.
Surely even they see it as a funny thing mind, it’s hardly a result, if anything it’s a bit ironic particularly as they forever harp on about them being outnumbered back in the day…. :ayatollah:
goats

Postby steve davies » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:39 am

There’s another part to that story that’s not been told
The jacks never went into the water after the 10 lads not out of their natural cowardice and only outnumbering the neath lads 5 to 1 but one of the lads cunningly pulled a bar of soap out of his pocket and waved it above his head.
Now anyone who has known the jacks from the seventies know what their three biggest fears were back then

Soap and water

Ninian park

Travelling away with wales

I hope that finally clears things up
steve davies

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:03 pm

True that is Steve.. Swansea wives oft kept the money under the soap..
rumpo kid

Postby skiprat » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:09 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
skiprat wrote:The jacks have taken mercyless stick off Cardiff over the years .Barry rondeau gas a jack and 2003 play off final who remembers the big screen ' enjoy the game but watch out for the horses ,,'.

What an apt username you have ,pretty much how you come across on here
I really couldn't imagine you coming across anyone
skiprat

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:40 pm

skiprat wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:
skiprat wrote:The jacks have taken mercyless stick off Cardiff over the years .Barry rondeau gas a jack and 2003 play off final who remembers the big screen ' enjoy the game but watch out for the horses ,,'.

What an apt username you have ,pretty much how you come across on here
I really couldn't imagine you coming across anyone

Oh! but what about his sisters?? Pmsl.
bluesince62

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:18 pm

BREAKING: SELF-PROCLAIMED 'JACK ARMY' RESPOND TO HISTORICAL EMBARRASSMENT
By Stella Artois

Upset and embarrassed by historical facts being brought into an arena where they were already out of their depth (no pun intended but if the cap fits), the 'Jack Army' have now clubbed together to create a new 'Jack Marine Corp' to safeguard the Swansea Bay coastline against the dangers of the feared Cardiff youth coming ashore.

A spokesman for the 'Jack Army', who would only identify himself by rank and number as 'Fusilier52', said "After 30+ years the truth is finally out and it's truly embarrassing for us 'Jacks'.

"Who would have thought not one of our guys couldn't swim?

"We could have made a proper name for ourselves apprehending those little tykes but instead found ourselves literally 'beached'.

"It's now got to the stage where it simply cannot go on and to make sure it can never happen again, we have invested in an Armada of sea-faring vessels (thankfully not unreliable Vassells) that can better react such future incursions.

"Take this as a warning. We will be ready and equipped for you pesky kids next time!
"
Attachments
Fleet.jpg
Fleet.jpg (80.18 KiB) Viewed 2937 times
Sven

Re: UPDATED: The Truth of Swim Away 1988:

Postby Fairblue27 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:35 pm

I hope the seats on those pedalos are detachable.
That way they can be quickly thrown if there are any women and small children in the area.
Fairblue27

Re: UPDATED: The Truth of Swim Away 1988:

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:12 pm

Fairblue27 wrote:I hope the seats on those pedalos are detachable.
That way they can be quickly thrown if there are any women and small children in the area.

They are, for that reason; and they double up as 'buoyancy floats' in case (or when) they get out of their depth...! ;) :thumbright:
Sven

Swim Away Part 2

Postby Port Talbot 10,48 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:14 pm

After reading some of the stuff posted on here about the Swim Away incident, i thought id put the record straight as I was one of the swimmers.

Thomas the Jack has said that the incident happened at 11pm
Thomas, it actually happened at around 4pm as the game was an early kick off and it was still light

There wasn't a large mob of us in the sea, just 9 of us in total with the oldest lad being 19 and the youngest 16.

A couple of Neath lads (one from Bridgend and the rest of us from Port Talbot)

We had chased a mob of Swansea out of the County Hall car park down to the beach but came unstuck when a larger group of Swansea's finest led by Tracey who was their top boy at the time appeared and backed us off toward the sea

We stood for as long as we could but had no chance against the 60 or so of Swansea's older lads.

We had 2 options, stand and take a battering or move back toward the sea.

We were charged at and ended up in the water up to our knees and were pelted with stones.

There was never a large mob of Cardiff in the sea just the 9 of us and we never actually swam as is told in Swansea folklore and also in Toozy's fictional book.

Hope this helps put the record straight :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Port Talbot 10,48

Re: Swim Away Part 2

Postby goats » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:06 pm

Port Talbot 10,48 wrote:After reading some of the stuff posted on here about the Swim Away incident, i thought id put the record straight as I was one of the swimmers.

Thomas the Jack has said that the incident happened at 11pm
Thomas, it actually happened at around 4pm as the game was an early kick off and it was still light

There wasn't a large mob of us in the sea, just 9 of us in total with the oldest lad being 19 and the youngest 16.

A couple of Neath lads (one from Bridgend and the rest of us from Port Talbot)

We had chased a mob of Swansea out of the County Hall car park down to the beach but came unstuck when a larger group of Swansea's finest led by Tracey who was their top boy at the time appeared and backed us off toward the sea

We stood for as long as we could but had no chance against the 60 or so of Swansea's older lads.

We had 2 options, stand and take a battering or move back toward the sea.

We were charged at and ended up in the water up to our knees and were pelted with stones.

There was never a large mob of Cardiff in the sea just the 9 of us and we never actually swam as is told in Swansea folklore and also in Toozy's fictional book.

Hope this helps put the record straight :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tracey…that’s a blast from the past, he was old back then! I thought it was after a night game but then I didn’t hear about it for years so whatdoiknow. :bluescarf:
goats

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:35 am

Igovernor wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

It shows how much you know, an IP adress will show where that persons area is and it will not be out of that area, please look it up, as I cannot be bothered to!

What do I know about it all? Perhaps its because I spent about 40 years in the computer world I feel I know enough.

Your statement here just proves you know very little to nothing of the subject and I get you can't be bothered because the bottom line is you have dug yourself a hole and you would continue to dig it further.

Do you know the concept of Public and Private pool addressing? I await your answer.
Bakedalasker

Re: The Truth of Swim Away 1988 (inc. Part 2)

Postby Bluebina » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:00 am

They seem disparate to copy us and Cardiff Bay, they've been trying for years to get there own Swansea Bay/Lagoon.

Poor old Swansea always the bridesmaids :lol: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Re: The Truth of Swim Away 1988 (inc. Part 2)

Postby goats » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:48 am

If ever a city loved a good artists impression drawing, it’s swansea……the state of the place these days is in another level, the centre reminds me of Clifton street in splott ffs :lol:
goats

Previous

Return to General Chat