Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Truth of Swim Away 1988:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:39 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The Truth of Swim Away 1988:

I was actually down by the front that night with about 100 Port Talbot & Neath Blues, who stood against about 400 Jacks.
Police eventually came dispersed us all and we all went back to our cars, 10 of the lads with us ranging from 15 yrs old -19yrs old were on their way to their cars when 100's of Jacks chased them down to the sea, where the 10 were run in to the sea, NO Jacks went in, eventually police came and dispersed the Jacks.
That night when the lads returned to the Station Hotel Pub in Port Talbot, we all laughed about it, thought it was quite funny, but to the Jacks they thought it was something big they had finally done to Cardiff :lol: :lol:

Last Sunday i saw women/blokes and kids all doing swim away to us in the streets after the game, most were to young to really know whats its really about and if you ask 99% of the Jacks they would not have a clue.

Never a truer review of real events... :clap:

It certainly goes to show how little (even the old) Jacks have in their locker that chasing developing kids into the sea is amongst their more memorable 'boasts' :roll: :oops:

Along with throwing seats at families and OAP's of both sexes also back in the 80's, whilst not 'fronting up' to some pretty angry Bluebirds at the time, makes them nothing but embarrassing as a 'force' in football circles at that time

But, maybe in mitigation, there some pretty long, cold nights around the camp fires of Swandinium, so it's only natural the stories of bygone days will be exaggerrated (cue Fusilier52) by time itself and new angles to what actually occurred are added

One lesson learned from the event is that either the 'Jacks' aren't so brave at the point of engagement or they simply need to learn to swim...! ;) :lol: :lol:

Ha ha brilliant Chris,

Your right the Jacks were either scared of getting wet or could not swim :lol: :thumbright:

What I have posted is the true events of that night and how they can be proud and keep singing it, is worse then an embarrassing as 99% of them don’t even know why they are doing the swim away actions :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:58 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Thomas10, you are on the wrong site go over to your own fans site, I doubt very much you attend jacks games though as you are living in Holt England. You are just on here as a windup, so go now!

Holt ? Never even heard of the place, let alone live there

Perhaps you have heard of Finchley!

Vaguely, but certainly don't live there

Last post from me you are definitely living at one of those locations, as per your IP address :wave:

I'm not being funny mate but using admin privileges to look up posters IP addresses, then posting their location on here is poor form.

And making a fool of himself and getting it wrong. Twice :laughing6:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
sir ninian wrote:Cardiff used to take over Swansea everytime we went there.All they we ever good at was throwing stones at the buses then pegging it.It's 2021 now and all this is stuff is now where it should be-in the past. :bluebird:

100% We did,and most honest Jacks admit that.

We would arrive 5hrs before kick off and take over all the pubs etc.

We would walk the streets and hardly see a Jack till an hr before kick off.

After the game it would go off everywhere.

True.. we used to call them the ‘Lucans’. You had more chance of spotting the real thing.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:29 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Thomas10, you are on the wrong site go over to your own fans site, I doubt very much you attend jacks games though as you are living in Holt England. You are just on here as a windup, so go now!

Last post from me you are definitely living at one of those locations, as per your IP address :wave:

I'm not being funny mate but using admin privileges to look up posters IP addresses, then posting their location on here is poor form.

What are you on about you do not have to be admin or mod as i am if you knew anything about ip adresses you would know that anyone can look up an ip adress just google it besides if what he said is true he is from llanelli he is using a vpn. I do not believe also you cannot find a home address unless you are the police only an area.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:36 pm

rumpo kid wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
sir ninian wrote:Cardiff used to take over Swansea everytime we went there.All they we ever good at was throwing stones at the buses then pegging it.It's 2021 now and all this is stuff is now where it should be-in the past. :bluebird:

True.. we used to call them the ‘Lucans’. You had more chance of spotting the real thing.

:lol:

Your right, one year 500 Cardiff bumped in to another group of about 400 and at first we thought it was the Jacks and it was more Cardiff in the City Centre :lol:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I was there th

Your right, one year 500 Cardiff bumped in to another group of about 400 and at first we thought it was the Jacks and it was more Cardiff in the City Centre :lol:

Remember it well.Like you said literally 100's of Cardiff fans in their town centre 1991 i think. :bluebird:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:03 pm

sir ninian wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I was there th

Remember it well.Like you said literally 100's of Cardiff fans in their town centre 1991 i think. :bluebird:

That was the FA Cup , but we have been taking the mick since the 80’s :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:06 pm

Igovernor wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:

What are you on about you do not have to be admin or mod as i am if you knew anything about ip adresses you would know that anyone can look up an ip adress just google it besides if what he said is true he is from llanelli he is using a vpn. I do not believe also you cannot find a home address unless you are the police only an area.

What I'm on about is looking up someone's IP address on here and then sharing it with the board is in my opinion very odd/weired behaviour when you don't really have any justification for it other than you don't like what the person has posted, hope that clarifies my position.

If a poster chooses to share their name or location on here then thats up to them, not you.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:31 pm

I heard quite a few stories of how Swansea fans supposedly chased hundreds of Cardiff fans into the sea when it was only ten of them I know one of them and he was laughing about it and still laughs about it know annis version of events are true but what I also know is that there where a lot of Cardiff up in the city centre looking for Swansea’s main mob also one of Swansea main faces told me not so long ago that a lot of what supposedly they did was untrue I also thanked him for keeping it real and sticking to the truth

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:43 pm

KAAYAAAARRRDIFF!!!
I'm glad i was around following city in those day's.Nothing but sterile crap nowaday's,let's just hope there's better times ahead. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:47 pm

Igovernor wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:

You obviously don't know what you are doing, as I'm in Llanelli, not England and you claim

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:54 pm

How did the Cardiff lads get on at Newbury racecourse ? Second best I heard

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:05 pm

Thomas10 wrote:How did the Cardiff lads get on at Newbury racecourse ? Second best I heard

Well tell us what you know but I tell you something if they did finish second best I’m sure they will admit it nobody wins every battle they are in Cardiff city fans have never claimed to be a top mob but they are well respected by other firms but you never admit to the night when you were chased out of canton you’re lads must have had fast trainers that night because you lot didn’t stick around but you don’t admit that you where second best that night and I have seen footage of the jacks running away in canton that night

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:08 pm

TO even think let alone post that 99% of Swansea supporters don't know what Swim Away means is delusional, good grief, is it not pathetic enough your "football team" are utter garbage and your club cannot afford to sack McCarthy that you have to resort to complaining and reporting an opposition team for making hand gestures? would have thought after the disgusting Emiliano Salah bull shit you lot would have a tiny bit of self control, it seems you are determined to make even bigger fools of yourselves, honestly embarrassing, try directing your annoyance at your clueless board instead of at an opposing team for making a few hand gestures :laughing6:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:12 pm

Right then .who remembers the welsh cup game 1975 76.all cardiff fans on north bank .next to no opposition.And as someone said back on coaches ready to leave it rained bricks.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:23 pm

We need retribution let's get a few jacks cornered near Roath Park, our own club has brought this on us by highlighting a pathetic embrassing event that had no real violence associated to it FFS .
Last edited by New Day Rising on Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:24 pm

dantheswansman wrote:TO even think let alone post that 99% of Swansea supporters don't know what Swim Away means is delusional, good grief, is it not pathetic enough your "football team" are utter garbage and your club cannot afford to sack McCarthy that you have to resort to complaining and reporting an opposition team for making hand gestures? would have thought after the disgusting Emiliano Salah bull shit you lot would have a tiny bit of self control, it seems you are determined to make even bigger fools of yourselves, honestly embarrassing, try directing your annoyance at your clueless board instead of at an opposing team for making a few hand gestures :laughing6:

I got to laugh it’s not all rosey in you’re garden lots of jacks not renewing season tickets because they don’t want the Americans having any more of there money and believe you me loads have told me yes you got the result on Sunday then all of a sudden you are world beaters you lot haven’t been that great either because if you where you would be in the top four but before game with us you where a few places from the relaxation zone youreselves and I know for a fact there where a lot of rumblings by you’re fans about you’re manger I only wish we had beaten you last Sunday because you would have turned on him like you all turned on steve cooper

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:55 pm

I was actually down by the front that night with about 100 Port Talbot & Neath Blues, who stood against about 400 Jacks.
Police eventually came dispersed us all and we all went back to our cars, 10 of the lads with us ranging from 15 yrs old -19yrs old were on their way to their cars when 100's of Jacks chased them down to the sea, where the 10 were run in to the sea, NO Jacks went in, eventually police came and dispersed the Jacks.
That night when the lads returned to the Station Hotel Pub in Port Talbot, we all laughed about it, thought it was quite funny, but to the Jacks they thought it was something big they had finally done to Cardiff :lol: :lol:

Last Sunday i saw women/blokes and kids all doing swim away to us in the streets after the game, most were to young to really know whats its really about and if you ask 99% of the Jacks they would not have a clue.

There’s no such place in Port Talbot as the Station Hotel.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:21 pm

Dazbag wrote:

annis means the grand hotel which is opposite the station

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:27 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Dazbag wrote:

Yeah right. It’s like Daily Fable on here.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:31 pm

Dazbag wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:
Dazbag wrote:

Well piss off then and the grand hotel is right opposite the station fact

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:32 pm

Dazzy is upset because the Swans always shat out.. never mind son.. :lol:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:33 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Dazbag wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:
Dazbag wrote:

There’s no such place in Port Talbot as the Station.

Well piss off then and the grand hotel is right opposite the station fact

But the Station Hotel is nowhere to be seen. lol

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:34 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Dazbag wrote:

annis means the grand hotel You Said his spokesperson :clap:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:36 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:
Dazbag wrote:

annis means the grand hotel You Said his spokesperson :clap:

Yes
Thank you :thumbright:

The hotel / pub opposite Port Talbot train station :thumbright:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:29 pm

The jacks have taken mercyless stick off Cardiff over the years .Barry rondeau gas a jack and 2003 play off final who remembers the big screen ' enjoy the game but watch out for the horses ,,'.

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:53 pm

I went to both those games talked about in this thread, the night game (league cup) we won 2-0 if I recall, about 500 of us were marched back to the station after, no jacks would come near us and I distinctly recall the swansea police laughing at the 300 or so jacks pretending they wanted to get to us but would run off as soon as the cardiff mob turned towards them, I guess they went off to the seafront then for the big occasion of chasing some kids into the sea. It is funny like most say. What a claim to fame :bluescarf:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:02 pm

skiprat wrote:The jacks have taken mercyless stick off Cardiff over the years .Barry rondeau gas a jack and 2003 play off final who remembers the big screen ' enjoy the game but watch out for the horses ,,'.

What an apt username you have ,pretty much how you come across on here

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:20 pm

Enjoy your mid table position, Swansea will always be a selling club, you lot are going nowhere

Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:59 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Thomas10 wrote:

What I'm on about is looking up someone's IP address on here and then sharing it with the board is in my opinion very odd/weired behaviour when you don't really have any justification for it other than you don't like what the person has posted, hope that clarifies my position.

If a poster chooses to share their name or location on here then thats up to them, not you.

An IP address does not reveal a persons location. The best it will reveal is the supplier of the persons internet provider. Then that supplier could have several locations across the country.