MICK McCARTHY RINGING ENDORSEMENT FOR NEWPORT COUNTY BOSS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:40 pm

Ringing endorsement for Newport County boss
By Glen Williams

McCarthy gave a ringing endorsement of James Rowberry following his appointment as Newport County manager.

The 36-year-old had been involved with Cardiff City for eight years, spending much of that as first-team coach, but was appointed as manager of the Rodney Parade outfit this week for his first gig in the dugout as the main man.

And McCarthy said Rowberry has got an open and willing contact in the game if he ever needed advice moving forward into the next chapter of his career.

"If James wants any advice from me he has got my phone number," McCarthy said.

"I'm sure he will be a very competent manager. He was very studious, he writes everything down. He is a real student of the game.

"I've always liked him when I've seen him on the training ground. He has a real presence about him and I think he will do well.

"And I hope he does because he is a lovely young man.

"I was 32 when I started [management]. I actively encouraged him when I found out that was the case and I’m thrilled for him.

"I sincerely hope he does well. It’s different from coaching. When the players start banging on your door and you're picking the team, you leave players out, everybody else wants a bit of you.

"He has been around enough managers already to know all that and he will be ready for it, I'm sure
."
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MICK McCARTHY RINGING ENDORSEMENT FOR NEWPORT COUNTY BOS

Postby Sven » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:41 pm

Doesn't sound like any 'bad blood' there...

Maybe just a dream of better things career-wise?

I wish James Rowberry all the very best (games against us apart) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat