Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' BREAKING: 'MEHMET DALMAN & KEN CHOO TODAY'

Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:22 am

UPDATED: SAME OLD SAME OLD

Remember Dalman said during the ace podcast that the club had £20m put aside for the Sala case.

Chairman Dalman spoke most of the time:

"The meeting was called due to the misunderstanding over what Ken Choo had said on a Supporters bus regarding McCarthy's job."

"The club is in a bad state due to Sala case could cost up to £20million, Hammam case could cost up to £15mill and Michael Issaccs case now suing for £20mill."

"So the future at this moment does not look good financially."

'Ken and I have NO say at all on who the new manager will be or if McCarthy gets sacked."

"All final decisions are down to Vincent Tan."

' BREAKING: ' CCFC MEETING / NEW MANAGER? '

There is a meeting at 11am today with Dalman & Ken Choo 5 fans from the different Supporters clubs and two from the Media.

To discuss the future.

Dalman was just asked if Harris is in contention, he said DEF NOT IF IT'S DOWN TO HIM.

Now you can take this with a pinch of salt, but in the last 10 days ex Cardiff City manager Neil Harris has had 2 meetings with our club.

Vincent Tan is a massive fan of Neil Harris and never wanted to sack him.

Cardiff are still paying Harris off and its been suggested that he comes back and is interim manager till the end of the season??

Neil Harris knows all the younger players and Tan loves that as Tan does not want to spend any money and wants the squad to be at least 20 of the U23’s in total to be in the first team squad next season.

At least 10 first team players are out of contract next June 2022.

Neil Harris: Cardiff City sacked manager after six straight defeats
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' BREAKING: ' CCFC MEETING / NEW MANAGER? '

Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:34 am

Not sure why they need to discuss with fans to be honest - that’s a slippery slope downwards.

You only need to look at results, the performances, lack of goals and team selections to know that the manager should have gone weeks ago.

Out of interest if they are meeting with 8 fans - how do they select them because their opinions might not reflect the other 16,000 that attend.

Have the balls to sack the manager and take this as an opportunity to rebuild a new identity starting on the pitch but also off the pitch.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:40 am

Now that would be straight out of the dark! :shock:

But if true, this makes some sort of sense in as much as Vincent Tan had to be persuaded to let Neil Harris go and was very praising of him as a man and for what he did here overall during his tenure

Is it possible?

It would be a huge shock to supporters and the wider football community; but this is Vincent Tan's Cardiff City and it would be a financially positive appointment because he is technically still on the pay roll

Would our support accept it is the big question?

For me, I have a 'favourite' I would like to see here but that ain't currently going to happen

Beyond that, I just want someone who can stop this rot, get our beloved club moving back in the right direction and right now it could be argued Neil Harris didn't actually do such a bad job

Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:50 am

Please say this is some kind of joke.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:54 am

This has to be a wind up surely ?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:57 am

Noo please no.this is something that happens in a bad dream

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:01 am

Surely this is an April 1st joke

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:02 am

If this does turn out to be true then that’s me done for the season. Decided not to go to any games again under McCarthy as I was at Coventry and the lack of effort and passion was evident from then.

What a backwards step this will be. Will be back to Nelson at centre back and the youngsters will all be frozen out. He deemed them good enough to play for him before he was sacked so what will have changed now.

Please City, have some bollocks and show a bit of forward thinking for once.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:04 am

I can see the logic in this but wouldn't Paul Trollope be a better and cheaper option. I would have thought if Tan wanted a manager who had good knowledge of the youth set up there is a glaringly more obvious choice already at the club.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:05 am

Harris certainly has the ability to get us out of this division and a new derby next season with Forest Green Rovers
:banghead: :banghead:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:05 am

Surely not,if Tan likes him because of the youngsters put him in charge of u23 and promote Morison.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:08 am

If harris comes back
Imo christmas has come early for me

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:10 am

theclaw wrote:Surely not,if Tan likes him because of the youngsters put him in charge of u23 and promote Morison.

I agree with the second part.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:12 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
theclaw wrote:Surely not,if Tan likes him because of the youngsters put him in charge of u23 and promote Morison.

That would be the 'obvious' option until the transfer window at least...

But as I said above, strange things are happening at our club and not all for 'footballing' reasons; it seems finance is currently king... :cry:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:17 am

Why do I feel I've woken up in the twilight zone.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:' BREAKING: ' CCFC MEETING / NEW MANAGER? '

There is a meeting at 11am today with Ken Choo & Co and eight fans from the different Supporters clubs and two from the Media.

To discuss the future.

Now you can take this with a pinch of salt, but in the last 10 days ex Cardiff City manager Neil Harris has had 2 meetings with our club.

Vincent Tan is a massive fan of Neil Harris and never wanted to sack him.

Cardiff are still paying Harris off and its been suggested that he comes back and is interim manager till the end of the season??

Neil Harris knows all the younger players and Tan loves that as Tan does not want to spend any money and wants the squad to be at least 20 of the U23’s in total to be in the first team squad next season.

At least 10 first team players are out of contract next June 2022.

Neil Harris: Cardiff City sacked manager after six straight defeats

Whos he had meetings with ? And is it it to come to arrangement on his final pay off or coming back as manager or will he be director of football with Morrison as coach

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:22 am

Maybe director of football with Morrison as coach ?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:26 am

Director of Football would make good sense, as he was generally good on transfers in his time here :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:35 am

Could have merit if it's for rest season or it's a director of football type post promote Morrison from u23 until end season .. at least can forget 7 man defence either way.. :mrgreen:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:36 am

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That woukd be the 'obvious' option until the transfer window at least...

But as I said above, strange things are happening at our club and not all for 'footballing' reasons; it seems finance is currently king... :cry:

It certainly does seem like that. The fans would have a lot more respect/patience with the club if they were simply honest with us and explained the reasoning behind it. The fact they haven’t really worries me that something bad is brewing behind the scenes aswell.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:36 am

The meeting today between supporters groups and the committe is NOT to discuss sacking MM it is to discuss the future of the club and what direction we are going.
This meeting will have no bearing on MM's fate :thumbup:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:38 am

Igovernor wrote:The meeting today between supporters groups and the committe is NOT to discuss sacking MM it is to discuss the future of the club and what direction we are going.

Roger
Thought his fate was decided regardless of today's result?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:42 am

Some clarity on the direction of the club is what fans have been asking for plus there’s fans going to be putting their views into the mix too. Surely nobody can say this is a bad thing.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:46 am

Surely this is a joke? Brining Harris back in would literally sum up how clueless this club is.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:51 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:The meeting today between supporters groups and the committe is NOT to discuss sacking MM it is to discuss the future of the club and what direction we are going.

Roger

Wez it is supposed to be decided, but remember this is Cardiff city, and the commitee changes it's mind daily, just like the weather :laughing5:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:56 am

Igovernor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Roger

Wez it is supposed to be decided, but remember this is Cardiff city, and the commitee changes it's mind daily, just like the weather :laughing5:

Mmmmmm. Roger Since when as allan become wez? :mrgreen: :laughing5:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:06 am

If it was a director of football role I'm sure most people would be OK with that ut as manager absolutely no chance, we all remember how badly it went, I know we got in the play offs with him but that was literally tomlin dragging us up the table not harris and his "tactics"

Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:08 am

danielrees17 wrote:If it was a director of football role I'm sure most people would be OK with that ut as manager absolutely no chance, we all remember how badly it went, I know we got in the play offs with him but that was literally tomlin dragging us up the table not harris and his "tactics"

Harris as director of football and Morrison as first team coach could work.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:09 am

If meeting is true.There should be a press conference nor a meeting with fans leaders

Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:11 am

Only at Cardiff would that happen. Hope it doesn’t happen been sacked once no need to go backwards.