Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Mick McCarthy / Neil Warnock '

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:27 am

What have the managers said?

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy:

"Sadly, teams have been enjoying playing against my team for six or seven games!

"I’d like to get back to the fact that Boro don’t like playing against us.

"We have both been around a long time and expect things from teams we manage. We have had success with it. We will be doing the same again.

"The mood is OK. I maintain my consistency in how I behave and how I treat people.

"If we win I’m not singing and dancing, and if not I’m not sulking. They are not walking around on eggshells with me!

"The mood in the camp is good and if not we wouldn’t have got that performance at Fulham."

Middlesbrough manager Neil Warnock:

"We all know the industry we're in. We all know what's around the corner. Everybody has a bad spell.

"I have to enjoy it now. I'm on my last lap and I'll do as well as I can. I'll do the best I can for Middlesbrough. Steve Gibson has been amazing, and the fans. You will always get a minority.

"A good result tomorrow for Mick will change everything. You look at our away results and he'll think they have a really good chance.

"I know I'll get a good reception, that's what the Bluebirds were like with me, but when the game goes they'll be hostile to my team."