Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock does the ayatollah What a reception the Boro boss go

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:29 am

Warnock does the ayatollah
What a reception the Boro boss got when he stepped off the bus.

Re: Warnock does the ayatollah What a reception the Boro bos

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:39 am

Bamba had a massive applause today :bluebird:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:14 pm

Great for Bamba. Jason Perry on Radio Wales ripped into Warnock about the amount of money he wasted. I agreed with every word he said. He said Warnock was given all the money he asked for and pissed it up against the wall

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:46 pm

stickywicket wrote:Great for Bamba. Jason Perry on Radio Wales ripped into Warnock about the amount of money he wasted. I agreed with every word he said. He said Warnock was given all the money he asked for and pissed it up against the wall

Joe ledley didnt hold back when reporting for bbc sport either!! Saying about MM losing the team and how poorly organised we were, but you mustn't critique lord warnock, as some think he is legendary status on here! Wasted untold millions upon millions of the clubs money, but it doesnt count,as its tans money? He did well for us, but half the team were on stupid wages, and long contracts, still costing us till this day.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:36 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:Great for Bamba. Jason Perry on Radio Wales ripped into Warnock about the amount of money he wasted. I agreed with every word he said. He said Warnock was given all the money he asked for and pissed it up against the wall

Joe ledley didnt hold back when reporting for bbc sport either!! Saying about MM losing the team and how poorly organised we were, but you mustn't critique lord warnock, as some think he is legendary status on here! Wasted untold millions upon millions of the clubs money, but it doesnt count,as its tans money? He did well for us, but half the team were on stupid wages, and long contracts, still costing us till this day.

Partly true but the other side Neil Warnock also took us somewhere we didn't expect to go

Imagine had we stayed there?

He never stayed too long at any of his clubs (he might argue he was too long at Leeds United :laughing6: ) and his time was up at the CCS months before he went

He knew it, Vincent Tan knew it (twice tried to replace him) and much of the support knew it

However, for the positive things he brought after some pretty dark days (red, disunity, infighting, FFP , etc.) I think the guy did wonders and he (like Sol) will always have a warm welcome back from me

Peltier was class before, sadly during, and after the game

Under the circumstances, what Neil ap Warnock did after the game, all in front of his mate Mick McCarthy, was typically him and I could only stand and applaud with an ironic smile on my face...

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:37 pm

Did anyone see the legend that is Super Kevin McNaughton at the game yesterday?

A class act and entertaining, as ever! :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :notworthy:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:07 pm

He may have wasted money on Madine, Murphy and a few others and its hard to argue against that, but he turned Zahore into a player we got 8 million for - we would have struggled to give him away before Warnock -and picked up Hoilett, Bamba, Etheridge, Mendez Laing and Patterson for peanuts to turn a side destined for League One into a Premier League side 18 months later. How much did Fulham and Wolves have to fork out to get there that season?

The balance sheet has to be in his favour. If contracts awarded subsequently were excessive that's down to the boards total financial mismanagement.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:40 pm

Sven wrote:Did anyone see the legend that is Super Kevin McNaughton at the game yesterday?

A class act and entertaining, as ever! :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :notworthy:

That little stand they have under the Ninian is brilliant for the interviews with ex players. Mcnaughton was brilliant yesterday, hysterical guy.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:29 pm

JJ1927 wrote:

He may have wasted money on Madine, Murphy and a few others and its hard to argue against that, but he turned Zahore into a player we got 8 million for - we would have struggled to give him away before Warnock -and picked up Hoilett, Bamba, Etheridge, Mendez Laing and Patterson for peanuts to turn a side destined for League One into a Premier League side 18 months later. How much did Fulham and Wolves have to fork out to get there that season?

The balance sheet has to be in his favour. If contracts awarded subsequently were excessive that's down to the boards total financial mismanagement.

Madine 6m Murphy 11m glatzel 5.5m, vassetomlin wages alone! There's an easy 30m there alone! And do you really believe zohore was worth the 8m we robbe west brom for? Look at him now! We got very lucky indeed there! Glatzel scored as many, but ended up leaving for peanuts, I could go on, but won't.
But it's not just him, Ole was given money and pissed it against the wall, Malky to a degree, but yet it's the board/committee who get the blame, when it's the manager who goes asking for the player he wants, and convinces the board the feand wages are worth spending??
Anyway this seems like I don't appreciate the good warnock did , and I do, would never boo a former manager tbf, or players, that's not me, but I shudder at the amount of wasted cash at the club, and the manager plays a big part in the decisions imho.
And of the players you mentioned warnock picked up, yes they served us very well, but did one of them have a sell on value, bar the pennies we recieved for etheridge and paterson?
As said I wouldn't boo or abuse anyone, and had I attended the game, would have gave all 3 a round of applause for sure, but for me, Bambas time has been soured by the accusations he's made tbh, and if warnock knew his time was up months before, why did he not walk then? Why fight on and leave us in a pretty poor state, almost the same as when he joined in my opinion, so am a bit soured by that episode too. :ayatollah: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:39 am

nick_strin wrote:
Sven wrote:Did anyone see the legend that is Super Kevin McNaughton at the game yesterday?

That little stand they have under the Ninian is brilliant for the interviews with ex players. Mcnaughton was brilliant yesterday, hysterical guy.

He certainly is... :clap: :lol: :notworthy: