Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When will it end?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:16 pm

How long can we keep losing matches? I think this will run go in to double figures now and honestly can't see us winning more than a handful of games again this season. The damage McCarthy has done is so huge and even a new manager will not turn this. We'll finish bottom and deservedly.

Re: When will it end?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:34 pm

IF he is gone tonight, I feel we can salvage our status in the championship, all opinions of course, but I really believe we can do it, we need to get rid 1st, then we will see.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:07 pm

Its not fully Mick's fault. If you replace Turkish Delight with Haribo's, your'e not going to have the same rice.

The youngsters are'nt battle hardened yet, and the confidence is shot, but they will get better. The only one I have doubts about is Brown, seems laboured.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:05 pm

bluesince62 wrote:IF he is gone tonight, I feel we can salvage our status in the championship, all opinions of course, but I really believe we can do it, we need to get rid 1st, then we will see.

I think we can but it will need a strong manager and support from the club.

Even a decent manager would be unable to survive with the current squad - they're just not good enough.

It would need a number of new players to have a chance of survival. No need to spend a fortune but new players are needed in almost all positions except goalkeeper.

Unfortunately whoever takes the job will have to try to save the club from relegation with no support from the hierarchy who will expect survival with what we have.

That would be a tough ask for Pep or Klopp let alone the cheap, lower league standard manager the board will be looking to appoint.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:51 pm

We will only turn a corner when Tan is gone and an owner who cares and have some football knowledge takes over.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:06 pm

A Win or Draw is around the corner ;) ;)