Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW:IN 122 YEARS OF CARDIFF CITY'S HISTORY MICK MCcARTHY

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:21 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION:

IN 122 YEARS OF CARDIFF CITY'S HISTORY MICK MCcARTHY & VINCENT TAN NOW SADLY OWN A NEW HORRIBLE RECORD :cry: :cry: :cry:

NO MORE TALKING / GOODBYE MICK.

THIS WAS IT FOR McCARTHY AFTER CITY’S WORST RUN SINCE 1933 & YET AGAIN CITY LOSE, NOW 8 CONSECUTIVE DEFEATS / 10 DEFEATS FROM LAST 11 GAMES A NEW HORRIBLE RECORD NOW FOR CARDIFF CITY :cry: :cry:

Mick McCarthy today faced Neil Warnock’s Boro team who had 7 first team players out AND YES FOR 20MINS IN THE 2ND HALF CARDIFF LOOKED GOOD, NO MORE EXCUSES .

ON A POSITIVE NOTE RUBIN COLWILL SHONE FOR CARDIFF :bluebird: :bluebird:

Neil Warnock,Sol Bamba, Lee Peltier all City ex favourites returned today.

Cardiff had previously 9 defeats from their last 10 games AND NOW ITS 10 DEFEATS FROM 11 GAMES.

Boro had failed to score in four of their last five away league games, Warnock had seven first team players out injured for the Cardiff game.

Cardiff had not lost in any of their last 6 league games v Boro.

FIRST-HALF: Boro virtually dominated the half and deserved their lead, Cardiff were 2nd best. Boro missed open goal.

SECOND-HALF: Kieffer Moore came on for 2nd-half replaced NG. Cardiff really played well, with Rubin Colwill, absolutely brilliant at times :bluebird:
But Boro missed 2 open goals and could of won 4-1.

McGuinness was booked lucky to be on pitch, had a disastrous game.

CARDIFF CITY 2 MIDDLESBROUGH 0 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
H-T 0-1
Crowd

Cardiff City: Smithies; Ng, McGuinness, Flint, Brown; Colwill, Pack, Vaulks, Giles; Harris, Collins.

Subs: Phillips, Morrison, Nelson, King, Evans, Davies, Moore.

Close! Sol Bamba latched on to an in swinging corner and heads low and hard. Smithies manages to keep it out with his legs and a reaction save.

Penalty to Boro! Sporar volleyed and it hits McGuinness' hand. (harsh penalty)

35th min GOAL! Cardiff City 0-1 Middlesbrough (Sporar 35 penalty). :cry: :cry: :cry:

He slots home. Straight down the middle.

Boro missed open goal.

Golden opportunity missed!

Crooks was played clean through and he dinks it over Smithies, but it's just wide of the post. Should have been 2-0.

H-T 0-1 :cry:

53mins:
Colwill did incredibly well to fashion a chance before Giles sends in a cross to Collins at the back post. He chests it and volleys, but it's straight at Lumley.

The rebound falls to Colwill but he cannot turn it in!

55mins:Bar!

Flint latched on to Giles' corner, but his header bounces up into the bar!

McGuinness booked lucky to be on pitch, had a disastrous game

Boro hit the crossbar.

GOAL! Cardiff City 0-2 Middlesbrough (Payero 74) :cry: :cry:

Brown is spun by Ikpeazu and a ball into the box is eventually laid off to Payero, who rounds McGuinness and drives the ball into the bottom corner. :cry: :cry:

82nd min:Vaulks off for debutant Eli King.

Harris off for another debutant in Isaak Davies.

MY MAN OF THE MATCH RUBIN COLWILL :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW:IN 122 YEARS OF CARDIFF CITY'S HISTORY MICK MCcA

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:24 pm

Reply Twitter:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:25 pm

The fans that did turn up booed and sang your getting sacked MICK McCARTHY

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:27 pm

Rob Phillips saying Chris Wilder was at Fulham on Wednesday.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:29 pm

Sky Sports:

SOL BAMBA MAN OF THE MATCH LOVED & APPLAUDED BY BOTH FANS :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:30 pm

philrogers wrote:Rob Phillips saying Chris Wilder was at Fulham on Wednesday.

Yes he was and I spoke to Rob about him today.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:30 pm

I couldn't go today, as amI'll, but for the 1st time, I'm glad I couldn't!!

The good thing is,although we have a new record, we can save this season,and at least stay in the championship imho.IF Mm is in charge after tonight?? I really not sure what I'll do!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:33 pm

No more talking, no more excuses.
McCarthy needs to go. He couldn't give a sh#t about Cardiff.
Tan should be actively looking for a buyer. He's got no respect for our club.

It might take a few seasons but surely it's possible to get the Cardiff mojo back?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:33 pm

The club is in a very dark hour. The worst for many decades both on an off the pitch. I genuinely fear for our existence now. We are going to be relegated this season as the team are simply broken. A new manager may come in but the damage McCarthy has done in assembling such a poor squad is quite incredible. His arrogance and lack of apology for what he has done is also staggering.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:34 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:The club is in a very dark hour. The worst for many decades both on an off the pitch. I genuinely fear for our existence now. We are going to be relegated this season as the team are simply broken. A new manager may come in but the damage McCarthy has done in assembling such a poor squad is quite incredible. His arrogance and lack of apology for what he has done is also staggering.

Yes, deluded and arrogant beyond measure. Worst manager since ... oh, Harris.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:38 pm

I agree that Mick Mccarthy has turned cardiff into a terrible team to watch with defensive tactics. Surely though the players need to take some responsibility for the poor performances. They can barely keep the ball for two passes. Their shape goes to shit leaving gaps everywhere, just don't seem to have the characters in the team to be up for the fight. It was the same against swansea. The midfielders are carbon copies of eachother. Just no creativity on the field.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:41 pm

The board need to take the bulk of the blame. They gutted the squad in terms of talent this summer.

Need a manager now who can get the best out of bang average players.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:42 pm

theDelaney88 wrote:The board need to take the bulk of the blame. They gutted the squad in terms of talent this summer.

Need a manager now who can get the best out of bang average players.

100% agree.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:44 pm

Hoppyccfc1986 wrote:I agree that Mick Mccarthy has turned cardiff into a terrible team to watch with defensive tactics. Surely though the players need to take some responsibility for the poor performances. They can barely keep the ball for two passes. Their shape goes to shit leaving gaps everywhere, just don't seem to have the characters in the team to be up for the fight. It was the same against swansea. The midfielders are carbon copies of eachother. Just no creativity on the field.

How long have most fans been saying this? Fkn ages and still nothing done. Any free agents out there who could do a job in midfield?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:50 pm

Cardiff Scored 1 goal in 8 defeats in a row and conceding 18 goals

10 defeats from last 11 games.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:52 pm

stentona wrote:
Hoppyccfc1986 wrote:I agree that Mick Mccarthy has turned cardiff into a terrible team to watch with defensive tactics. Surely though the players need to take some responsibility for the poor performances. They can barely keep the ball for two passes. Their shape goes to shit leaving gaps everywhere, just don't seem to have the characters in the team to be up for the fight. It was the same against swansea. The midfielders are carbon copies of eachother. Just no creativity on the field.

How long have most fans been saying this? Fkn ages and still nothing done. Any free agents out there who could do a job in midfield?

Any free agent would be better than what we've got. Any midfielder who can pass the ball and tackle would be an improvement.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:55 pm

SOL BAMBA 3 GAMES IN A WEEK FOR BORO / WON 3 GAMES IN A ROW / SKY SPORTS MAN OF THE MATCH TODAY & YET NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR CARDIFF CITY. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:00 pm

I have no confidence in the 3 at Cardiff picking the next man. If ever a club was crying out for an experienced Director of Football it is ours.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff Scored 1 goal in 8 defeats in a row and conceding 18 goals

10 defeats from last 11 games.

We are not even competitive as a team this season. Not even in games. The damage McCarthy has done to this squad is monumental. Dreadful signings and he let go of players who could have made a difference. Dreadful judgement. This losing run will continue regardless of who is in charge now. We'll be well adrift by January when we can actually bring players in. It will be too late and league One or worse still financial oblivion is our future.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:44 pm

I’m not defending anyone but when the chips are down so is your luck.We just can’t buy a goal,officials seem poor and even when we start to play half decent we don’t get the rub of the green.
New manager bounce is desperately needed.