Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dalman conceded: "Relegation is a realistic possibility"

Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:47 pm

Dalman said the decision on McCarthy's future was ultimately down to Vincent Tan, but clearly there is some sympathy for the manager among the Board given the cutbacks he has had to deal with in a season of transition.

Also, despite the plummet down the table, there may be feeling that McCarthy's experience and know-how might benefit the in crisis Bluebirds better than going for a younger manager.

One way or the other, Dalman wants an immediate improvement in results.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=224392

Saturday 23rd October 2021

DALMAN:

Dalman conceded: "Relegation is a realistic possibility if we don't pull our socks up

"There are worse teams than us in the division, but not over the last six to seven games.

"I'm not prepared to take too many risks over the next step because I don't want to be in a relegation battle.

"We have had a tough run of fixtures, but the next four to five games are non losing ones as far as I'm concerned, starting with Middlesbrough."

Dalman accepted McCarthy hadn't helped himself with some of his recent team selections and tactics, with one supporter particularly expressing concern over the choice of five centre-backs at Swansea.

"Agreed. Certain things could have been handled better," he said.

"I'm puzzled because when he came in we went on a good run. I genuinely find it baffling what's gone wrong because we didn't start the season badly, then the bottom's suddenly gone.

"We have to do something about that. The last 6-7 games have magnified it back on me and I have got to deal with it.

"We can't go on like this, something has to give."

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dalman conceded: "Relegation is a realistic possibility"

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:01 pm

No sh#t Sherlock.

Only now Dalman is even saying something?

Another clueless politician

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:07 pm

The guy who said he felt like the cat who has got the cream when he appointed Ole as the answer. If we had a proven director of football instead of this mealy mouthed charlaton, we wouldn't be in the consistently knee-jerk mess we're now in. VT relies on him as a proxy DOF, he's consistently failed to deliver, get rid now before he inflicts further damage and once again, trys to blame others to hide his incompetence. Is it any wonder he hasn't attended a match for years?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:19 pm

Hopefully tan gets rid of dalman as well, the useless piece of shit!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:25 pm

Willo Cardiff wrote:Hopefully tan gets rid of dalman as well, the useless piece of shit!

He’s as bad as McCarthy.
Choo as well.
The whole board actually.
If the board could not see how disconnected the team is to the manager in past few games then They’re both blind and dull.
We should have had a new face in after WBA and bar Fulham had games against average teams.
City are now a complete shambles and embarrassment

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:31 pm

stentona wrote:No sh#t Sherlock.

Everytime I meet Dalman i say to him you should of been an MP

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:52 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:The guy who said he felt like the cat who has got the cream when he appointed Ole as the answer. If we had a proven director of football instead of this mealy mouthed charlaton, we wouldn't be in the consistently knee-jerk mess we're now in. VT relies on him as a proxy DOF, he's consistently failed to deliver, get rid now before he inflicts further damage and once again, trys to blame others to hide his incompetence. Is it any wonder he hasn't attended a match for years?

Completely agree. We stand next to no chance of moving forward as a club whilst Dalman has such influence. How many lunatic decisions does Dalman have to be part of before he takes responsibility. He should have been on his bike when he tried, and failed, to buy Charlton.

I'm at a total loss to understand what he brings.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:42 pm

"Relegation is a realistic possibility if we don't pull our socks up

That statement alone shows Mehmet Dalman simply doesn't understand the Championship AT ALL. We are now around 1/3rd of the way through the season and our win % is a little over 20%. We need to now win 13 of the remaining 32 fixtures raising to a win% of 40%, and that just to get to 50 points.

He says he believes there are worse teams than us and we need to "Pull Our Socks Up". Well I think he should pull his finger out and do his job and tell VT the harsh reality and that is this squad is simply not good enough. Relegation is far more than a realistic possibility and in my opinion is more than likely nailed on.

The new manager, whoever it is, will need to be supported and allowed to increase the squad in January either with free transfers or loans. Mehmet Dalman needs to accept that he has failed to get through to VT that this summer the cuts in the playing squad have had a massively negative effect on the ability of the squad to compete in the Championship.

Mick McCarthy has paid the price today but I have little sympathy for him because he accepted it. Now it's time for the three amigos of VT, Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo to accept that they hold an equal responsibility for the position we are in today.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:48 pm

castleblue wrote:"Relegation is a realistic possibility if we don't pull our socks up

That statement alone shows Mehmet Dalman simply doesn't understand the Championship AT ALL. We are now around 1/3rd of the way through the season and our win % is a little over 20%. We need to now win 13 of the remaining 32 fixtures raising to a win% of 40%, and that just to get to 50 points.

He says he believes there are worse teams than us and we need to "Pull Our Socks Up". Well I think he should pull his finger out and do his job and tell VT the harsh reality and that is this squad is simply not good enough. Relegation is far more than a realistic possibility and in my opinion is more than likely nailed on.

The new manager, whoever it is, will need to be supported and allowed to increase the squad in January either with free transfers or loans. Mehmet Dalman needs to accept that he has failed to get through to VT that this summer the cuts in the playing squad have had a massively negative effect on the ability of the squad to compete in the Championship.

Mick McCarthy has paid the price today but I have little sympathy for him because he accepted it. Now it's time for the three amigos of VT, Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo to accept that they hold an equal responsibility for the position we are in today.

But what about FFP?

Were these cuts needed to not fall foul of that?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
stentona wrote:No sh#t Sherlock.

Everytime I meet Dalman i say to him you should of been an MP

You do; because it's true...! :lol: :clap:

Dalman probably speaking out because his own position must be in doubt after a succession of poor decisions

Prepared to take the plaudits but notbthe flack!

Has anyone ever seen him and Boris in the same room...? :?: :roll: :laughing6:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:22 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
castleblue wrote:"Relegation is a realistic possibility if we don't pull our socks up

But what about FFP?

Were these cuts needed to not fall foul of that?

Simple answer is I don't know but in my opinion these cuts have been made because of the effects of the pandemic and as Profit and Sustainability rules have already been changed, or at least I believe they have, to cover a 4 year period rather than 3 then I can see them changing again because of the massive hit clubs have taken.

I'm not talking about spending £m's Ian and I'm not even talking about paying a transfer fee but our squad, despite what MM said in August, we cannot field a matchday squad without a high % of u23 and sadly some are good prospect nature. We need to recall players we have out on loan, Wintle for instance has played all but 10 minutes of the 8 games played since he went out.

But our squad is calling out for an experienced LB, wide players with pace and creativity. If your right we have made huge cuts to meet P&S requirements then fine but let Dalman be honest about that no more "Pull our socks up" bollocks.

I would love to see a game between the first team and the U23's but sadly we don't have enough experienced first teamers to field a side. And that says it ALL.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dalman said the decision on McCarthy's future was ultimately down to Vincent Tan, but clearly there is some sympathy for the manager among the Board given the cutbacks he has had to deal with in a season of transition.

Also, despite the plummet down the table, there may be feeling that McCarthy's experience and know-how might benefit the in crisis Bluebirds better than going for a younger manager.

One way or the other, Dalman wants an immediate improvement in results.

Saturday 23rd October 2021

DALMAN:

Dalman conceded: "Relegation is a realistic possibility if we don't pull our socks up **REALLY? HAVE YOU ONLY JUST NOTICED?**

"There are worse teams than us in the division ** ERR, NO THERE ISN'T **, but not over the last six to seven games.

"I'm not prepared to take too many risks over the next step because I don't want to be in a relegation battle **THEN DO WHAT ALL CLUBS HAVE DONE AND SPEND A BIT OF MONEY, AND DON'T NT RELY ON CHEAP RUBBISH COMING FROM OUR YOUTH SYSTEM**.

"We have had a tough run of fixtures ** NOT REALLY**, but the next four to five games are non losing ones as far as I'm concerned, starting with Middlesbrough." ** BANG GOES THAT THEORY**

Dalman accepted McCarthy hadn't helped himself with some of his recent team selections and tactics, with one supporter particularly expressing concern over the choice of five centre-backs at Swansea.

"Agreed. Certain things could have been handled better," ** JUST NOTICED THIS NOW? NO WONDER YOU HOLD SUCH A TOP JOB AT A ONCE PROUD FOOTBALL CLUB** he said.

"I'm puzzled because when he came in we went on a good run. I genuinely find it baffling what's gone wrong because we didn't start the season badly, then the bottom's suddenly gone.

"We have to do something about that. The last 6-7 games have magnified it back on me and I have got to deal with it.**WELL YOU HAVEN'T SO FAR, AND YOU DONT INTEND TO EITHER DO YOU?**

"We can't go on like this, something has to give." **YEAH, HOPEFULLY YOU GO, AND YOU TAKE TAN & CO WITH YOU**

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:31 pm

First of all mm was never my choice of manager from the off but I don’t think it’s all down to mm the board dalman Ken choo and tan all to blame as well dalman says that he his confused why it’s all gone wrong letting Wilson go to Fulham that didn’t help they should have bought him not giveing mm funds to replace players hasn’t helped either throwing in a few youngsters who will eventually be top players in a few years time hasn’t helped either but mm had to do it all I hope know is that the club have a rethink about how they see the future for Cardiff city and what they really want for our club the next appointment will be very important on how the club progresses there’s got to be a plan by the next manger who takes over there’s still plenty of time to starve off relaxation but it all depends who we appoint

FAO Vinnie

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:04 pm

Vinnie - If you ever read these boards , as Im sure you do, for F ucks sake dont let Dalman or Choo Choo make the decision

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:10 pm

Relegation more a probability than a possibilty