Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My whole view of the situation

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:05 pm

This has been brewing for a few seasons now and we are were we deserve to be.

For me it all started with the 2nd trip to the Premier where it became very clear we were preparing for life back in the Championship going on our transfer dealings that summer. We were very unlucky to get relegated back into the championship but what did we do after that? Unlike other clubs that kept their players after coming down from the Premier, we sold our best or in the case of the loanees we had we made very little effort to keeping them. Signs were on the wall if that is the saying here.

Since then don't you think we have made a mess of our transfer business? We got a good deal for Zohore and for incoming I only see Moore as a good move. After that its been shocking and perhaps is the main reason we are were we are now. Another good reason for us struggling is the amount of players that left us this season. The quality in the squad has done a nosedive going on last season.

Changes are needed guys and usually its the manager that is the first one to go. I feel MM should walk as he knew what the mission was when he came and he failed big time. Also some of those players need to look at themselves. I feel some of our senior squad members are pass it now. Where we need them to raise their games with the younger players coming in, well its just not happening.

We need someone to come in and get the best out of this squad if we are to stand a chance of remaining in the Championship. Who that is I don't know but whoever it is will need a couple of seasons to turn this all around.

Re: My whole view of the situation

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:03 pm

The selling of players on relegation from premier league as been going on since its inception only couple clubs upto last season kept their players like Newcastle did and they walked the championship .... but last 2 seasons clubs have finally realised keep squad get promoted again is likely outcome as we saw for 1st time last season 2 relegated clubs promoted and Bournemouth top 6 .... its continued this season and got same situation again? To me this is dangerous as it means parachute payments are giving these clubs an overwhelming advantage and we could see same situation as premier league with relegated clubs dominating top 6 cartel...
The transfer saga since 2nd promotion is down to both the managers and the board equally and a new manager must have a longer term plan that involves relegation as it's a distinct possibility at the moment. No fireman no cheap option just the right man with ambition after all 10 squad players out contract so will have a clean canvas next season to put players into his style of play along with our youngsters

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:The selling of players on relegation from premier league as been going on since its inception only couple clubs upto last season kept their players like Newcastle did and they walked the championship .... but last 2 seasons clubs have finally realised keep squad get promoted again is likely outcome as we saw for 1st time last season 2 relegated clubs promoted and Bournemouth top 6 .... its continued this season and got same situation again? To me this is dangerous as it means parachute payments are giving these clubs an overwhelming advantage and we could see same situation as premier league with relegated clubs dominating top 6 cartel...
The transfer saga since 2nd promotion is down to both the managers and the board equally and a new manager must have a longer term plan that involves relegation as it's a distinct possibility at the moment. No fireman no cheap option just the right man with ambition after all 10 squad players out contract so will have a clean canvas next season to put players into his style of play along with our youngsters

That's the hope but I do think its vital we keep our Championship status so we can replace these 10 out of contract players with the right quality. If we do avoid relegation its going to be an interesting summer transfer period.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:32 am

Unfortunately this squad has lost all confidence and with Tan running it down and depending on the u 23s , i fear the worse.
now being told there is no money in january or the Summer i fear we will struggle in Div 1

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:59 am

Bluebird 67 wrote:Unfortunately this squad has lost all confidence and with Tan running it down and depending on the u 23s , i fear the worse.
now being told there is no money in january or the Summer i fear we will struggle in Div 1

Well the next stage if we go down to League one is will he want to sell on our better players like Colwill? Can you image what it will be like if this happens.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:07 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:The selling of players on relegation from premier league as been going on since its inception only couple clubs upto last season kept their players like Newcastle did and they walked the championship .... but last 2 seasons clubs have finally realised keep squad get promoted again is likely outcome as we saw for 1st time last season 2 relegated clubs promoted and Bournemouth top 6 .... its continued this season and got same situation again? To me this is dangerous as it means parachute payments are giving these clubs an overwhelming advantage and we could see same situation as premier league with relegated clubs dominating top 6 cartel...

That's the hope but I do think its vital we keep our Championship status so we can replace these 10 out of contract players with the right quality. If we do avoid relegation its going to be an interesting summer transfer period.

We will keep our status thus season provided we get the right man in were simply not as bad as results been... I just put it down to MM idiotic tactics particularly last 4 games...... realistically the summer us fantastic opportunity to reset the club from top to bottom we ate seeing results in academy now 10 players possibly to change we can get in good freebies at less cost than those they replace? What manager wouldn't want to be part of that if of course tan does the right thing and think of future not quick fix man..

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:40 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

We will keep our status thus season provided we get the right man in were simply not as bad as results been... I just put it down to MM idiotic tactics particularly last 4 games...... realistically the summer us fantastic opportunity to reset the club from top to bottom we ate seeing results in academy now 10 players possibly to change we can get in good freebies at less cost than those they replace? What manager wouldn't want to be part of that if of course tan does the right thing and think of future not quick fix man..

If we believe what's coming out.MM had a choice on which players to let go, loan, then he f@cked us royally imho, the board seem too soft, being persuaded by experienced managers, with years and years behind them.to give contracts and wages that players are not worth the money.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:42 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

If we believe what's coming out.MM had a choice on which players to let go, loan, then he f@cked us royally imho, the board seem too soft, being persuaded by experienced managers, with years and years behind them.to give contracts and wages that players are not worth the money.

Definitely these managers took advantage of our boards footballing inexperience? NW supposedly went over Dalman and ken head directly to tan asking him to sign sala and going on previous occasions with other managers like malkie ect they took full advantage of it.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:14 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Definitely these managers took advantage of our boards footballing inexperience? NW supposedly went over Dalman and ken head directly to tan asking him to sign sala and going on previous occasions with other managers like malkie ect they took full advantage of it.

It's strange how none have stated what warnock said at the time of late?? Remember when poor sala saga began, and the arguments over if he was ours or not, and certain posters were saying " he was ours, warnock said he was HIS player" Hmmmmmmmm, as is said, He is my player! So looks like he really did push this through after all, and perhaps did indeed go to Vincent and persuade him to splash the cash on him? Look at the bacuna contract, prem wages, with NO relegation clause??
He also pushed for glatzel too, and paid many times his market value at the time?? Plus a fairly good weekly wage!
Some say Malky brought in 200 from promotion to the prem, when the prize was stated in the press as the 100m game?? Conveniently forgetting we get less, for coming straight down again? He also blew some big money too! Ole the same! Then wonder where the money has gone!

No income from covid days, 35m parachute payment was eaten by the club paying the players, in full, without using furlough, probably ground staff used furlough, but the club paid the playing staff. So that last parachute payment was swallowed up, without any extra income from gates etc, where was these extra millions some want spent coming from??

Tans personal wealth took a hammering from covid, a hammering! Yet we are still here, not relegated already, as some are convinced of, looking to re finance, but tan isn't interested?? Surely if he was this evil dictator as some describe him, he could just let us go into admin, walk away (as some seemingly would love?) Or just sell us at a loss, to any Tom dick or Harry? ? Because to myself, it seems the club are looking to re structure the club on the field at least, a new manager looking likely, with a load of out of contract players, giving whoever a fairly clean slate to implement their style on the team, by picking the players that fit his philosophy.we have been bleating for years that we are shit to watch, haven't got the players, or manager to change that etc etc, well we have a chance maybe now, to do just that?? If we can survive for this season, it will give the new manager, time to assess what he sees, who stays and who leaves, whilst retaining our status, one division below the promised land.
As to who comes in, I'm not even going to guess tbh, just crossing my fop Ingersoll we get this one right, and we move forward as a club, on and off the pitch.

Lastly, even though I wouldn't like the thought of Sam hammam buying us, wouldn't it be great, if him and Vincent Tan, could bury the hatchet, and combine their funds, and sams football knowledge , woth Vincent business acumen, we could really take off!
IF CARLSBERG DID CARDIFF CITY EH!!

FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED, THIS IS THE TURNING POINT FOR THE BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :old:

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:52 am

Why would Tan put himself in admin?

A subject that has caught my attention is the share price. I believe Tan has deliberately reduced its value by transferring roughly £100m into share/equity. The next part is to sell to a new owner and let them plough their own money in to the club while Tan keeps his onw shares. This way the share value will rise costing him nothing. That I believe is how Tan's business brain works.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:02 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Why would Tan put himself in admin?

A subject that has caught my attention is the share price. I believe Tan has deliberately reduced its value by transferring roughly £100m into share/equity. The next part is to sell to a new owner and let them plough their own money in to the club while Tan keeps his onw shares. This way the share value will rise costing him nothing. That I believe is how Tan's business brain works.

You could be right, then again you could be wrong too? I see wgmhere you are coming from, but I believe the re financing is to change the direction on the field, whilst hopefully getting extra funds to do it with? All subjective I guess, until it becomes a little clearer.

One thing I know we all hope is for the thing we turn up 4 week in week out to watch, the football, will change away from neck aching hoofball,into something more up with the times! I'm keeping everything crossed we get it right this time, and hopefully have balls enough to try something new!! Onwards and upwards!! CCFC.
PS,ADMIN WAS A TONGUE IN CHEEK COMMENT, AS IT WOULD SERVE NO PURPOSE, WHILST HE IDS THE DEBTOR.