Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED: " SACKED '

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:32 pm

FINALLY MICK McCARTHY SACKED

Dalman was just asked if Harris is in contention, he said DEF NOT IF IT DOWN TO HIM.

McCarthy has been sacked after 8 consecutive defeats , 10 defeats from last 11 games.

Worst Cardiff City run of results in 122 years.

Under 23’s manager Steve Morrison is taking charge for now.

Steve Morison and Tom Ramasut will oversee first-team duties at this time, as the Board of Directors begin the process of appointing a permanent replacement.

Well 11 managers 11 years and 6 CEO’S

I will say it as I have always done, the problem lies at the top.

Dalman was just asked if Harris is in contention, he said DEF NOT IF IT DOWN TO HIM.

I still don’t believe this though ???

NEIL HARRIS IS FAVOURITE TO COME IN AS HE IS FREE AS WE ARE STILL PAYING HIS WAGES & VINCENT TAN LOVES HIM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " SACKED '

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:33 pm

Harris till end of season on Twitter. God I hope that’s not true

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:35 pm

Steve Morison taking temporary charge

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:36 pm

4/5 games too late IMO annis

Bloke pos the plot when he started playing centre backs as wing backs how you can expect a team to score when 5 players never get over the half way line ever I’ll never know

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:36 pm

Rob Phillips saying harris coming in is not true! I hope it’s not!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:37 pm

To be honest after such a terrible run NOBODY can be worse for results or style of play than mm.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:38 pm

At last!! Should have been sacked before the international break. Will he come out and apologise to the fans? If he had any shred of decency he should apologise and then I'd have some respect for him. If he fails to do this his arrogance is just stunning.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:39 pm

Just to put it in context. Yes. He’s had restrictions. But it’s his squad. That squad has
5 Centre backs.

2 full backs.

No wingers.

One of the old wingers scored against us.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:40 pm

That I believe will have been his last job in football.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:43 pm

Thanks Mick.

Bye!

Next please!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:45 pm

Give morrison until end of season unless someone like wilder is offered it. Flynn is a no for me

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:48 pm

Rumour down the stadium today was Harris as Director of Football and Morison manager.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:49 pm

theclaw wrote:Rumour down the stadium today was Harris as Director of Football and Morison manager.

Morrison has 3 games until international window and there on the hunt for a perm manager

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:51 pm

Never like it when we have to sack a managers as it means things are not going well However this sacking is well deserved and maybe a few games too late as well

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:53 pm

Any chance Dalman going too?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:53 pm

Canton104 wrote:Harris till end of season on Twitter. God I hope that’s not true

You pay attention to Twitter...?! :o :?

Let Steve Morison have a trial until Xmas :thumbup:

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:54 pm

Have to get the manager appointment right. Otherwise we’re playing league 1 football next season.

Based on what I’ve seen, I don’t fancy our chances.The squad is paper thin, lacks quality, pace and is imbalanced. McCarthy and Board are at fault.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:56 pm

Gutted for the manager.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:00 pm

Ibby wrote:Gutted for the manager.

Have to have some sympathy for him but he lived and died (proverbially) in a results business

Don't think Neil Warnock's clear rapport with our support at the end helped either...

Sacked by his old mate; you couldn't have scripted it outside of the Fiction section...

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:02 pm

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:08 pm

Sven wrote:

Have to have some sympathy for him but he lived and died (proverbially) in a results business

Don't think Neil Warnock's clear rapport with our support at the end helped either...

Sacked by his old mate; you couldn't have scripted it outside of the Fiction section...

Chris, to be honest I’ve got zero sympathy for McCarthy.
After sitting through all these home games and watching him on the line and watching his team just go through the motions most of the time I’ve nothing but contempt for him.

Today we had that 5 minute spell with pure energy, fight and some decent football.
Where was that for the last god knows how many games?
The squad is poor but the manager should have at least got the team up for these games.

I honestly think he didn’t give a shit here this season.
He can take his pay off and f**k off to his villa in Portugal laughing his head off.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:10 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris, to be honest I’ve got zero sympathy for McCarthy.
After sitting through all these home games and watching him on the line and watching his team just go through the motions most of the time I’ve nothing but contempt for him.

Today we had that 5 minute spell with pure energy, fight and some decent football.
Where was that for the last god knows how many games?
The squad is poor but the manager should have at least got the team up for these games.

I honestly think he didn’t give a shit here this season.
He can take his pay off and f**k off to his villa in Portugal laughing his head off.

Agree

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:11 pm

john52 wrote:To be honest after such a terrible run NOBODY can be worse for results or style of play than mm.

Yet McCarthy improved on Harris’ results significantly last year.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:13 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Give morrison until end of season unless someone like wilder is offered it. Flynn is a no for me

Centre back Morrison? Player manager?

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:23 pm

maccydee wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:Give morrison until end of season unless someone like wilder is offered it. Flynn is a no for me

Centre back Morrison? Player manager?

Let's face it. The club we all love is in a mess. Things can only get better.

Re: UPDATED: " SACKED '

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:27 pm

The clue Dalman gives is NO 'If down to him'
But it's down to Tan and he has truly fkd our club

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:29 pm

As far as I’m concerned he should have gone weeks ago but crassly the board stubbornly refused to do it.
The board is as bad as the manager.
I’ve no confidence those muppets will appoint someone for the future with vision and a know how in playing present day football.
That is unless they swallow their pride and take proper advice from a football consultant.
They’ve turned our club into a basket case.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:33 pm

maccydee wrote:
john52 wrote:To be honest after such a terrible run NOBODY can be worse for results or style of play than mm.

Yet McCarthy improved on Harris’ results significantly last year.

As did harris on warnock

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:37 pm

stentona wrote:The clue Dalman gives is NO 'If down to him'
But it's down to Tan and he has truly fkd our club

Not unnoticed but it's not all down to Tan, as thevsychophants around him in the early days, some high-profile supporters, told him what he wanted to hear and by the time he (Tan) realised, it was too late to stop the money haemmorrage

But it's all in the past now, so we should be looking to see what plans are for the future and (I doubt it will happen) a statement of intent from the owner is way overdue

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:55 pm

And next out of the door should be TAN AND HIS CRONIES! GET OUT! Sell to someone, anyone, who really cares.