Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ AS CARDIFF CITY STAND TONIGHT “

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:32 pm

“ WORST CCFC RECORD IN 122 YEARS “

Tuesday Aug 24 Cardiff 0 Brighton 2 :cry: League Cup Rd 2 Crowd 6,013 Away Support ( 492)

Sat Aug 28 Cardiff City 1 Bristol City 2 :cry: :cry: Crowd 20,891 Away Support ( 2,440)

Sunday Sep 12 Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 24,153 Away Support ( 1,668) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Sep 15 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: Crowd Away Support ( 1,277)

Sat Sep 18 Cardiff City 0 A.F.C. Bournemouth 1 :cry: :cry: Crowd 19,090 Away Support (1,452)

Sat Sep 25 Blackburn Rovers 5 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 11,670 Away (940) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tue Sep 28 Cardiff City 0 West Bromwich Albion 4 Crowd 17,363 Away Support 1,680 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sat Oct 2 Cardiff City 0 Reading 1 :cry: :cry: :cry: Crowd 18,400 Away Support ( 1,560)

Sunday 17th October Swansea City 3 Cardiff City 0 :cry: :cry: :cry: (Sky Sports) £30,000 for Cardiff City Crowd Away Support (1,474)

Wednesday 20th October Fulham 2 Cardiff City 0 :cry: –Crowd 15,789 Away ( 870 )

Sat 23rd October Cardiff City 0 Middlesbrough 2 :cry: :cry: – 12:30pm, (Sky Sports) £150,000 for Cardiff City :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ AS CARDIFF CITY STAND TONIGHT “

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:35 pm

plenty of time to turn it around and make a charge with a new manager to the playoffs

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:plenty of time to turn it around and make a charge with a new manager to the playoffs

Our side is nowhere near good enough for a play off charge, as long as we get safe thus season I think most fans will be happy

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:12 pm

All overseen on Vincent Tans watch, on his orders and instructions, using his policy, when all around could see it going wrong over the last 18/24 months.

If there was nothing he could do?, then he should have sold us to the one bidder who really cared.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:47 pm

Having endured the Durban years I never thought I'd see anything as bad again in my lifetime.

I was wrong.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:29 pm

So was I

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:13 am

Tan, rightly, wants to run the club as a business. However, a football club is not like any other business. He hasn't grasped that relegation devalues his assets more than anything. Prolonged life in the lower leagues will wipe out his holdings completely. He is asset stripping the club by selling / loaning players because he is trying to cut costs at all costs. He should be bargain hunting players with a bright young manager who knows how to get players playing any football other than hoof ball.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:13 pm

Staying out of bottom 3 at moment cas Barnsley losing 2-3 at home and their fans equally angry until the two late goals ... 84mins gone

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Staying out of bottom 3 at moment cas Barnsley losing 2-3 at home and their fans equally angry until the two late goals ... 84mins gone

FT 2-3 so we are still 4th bottom. :thumbup:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Staying out of bottom 3 at moment cas Barnsley losing 2-3 at home and their fans equally angry until the two late goals ... 84mins gone

And there we have it; another club with woes and all we're concerned about is that they're keeping us out of the bottom three...! ;)

With no disrespect to Barnsley and some other clubs, even with our current squad, we have more than them. We just need a manager who can get a tune and maybe a loan or two (even back) in the January window

Sorry if that's too positive for some ;)

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:10 pm

Sven wrote:

And there we have it; another club with woes and all we're concerned about is that they're keeping us out of the bottom three...! ;)

With no disrespect to Barnsley and some other clubs, even with our current squad, we have more than them. We just need a manager who can get a tune and maybe a loan or two (even back) in the January window

Chris said it many times our problem is not Players it's way we play and are set up? Yes lost our wide players or ones with pace but still should be able to muster a goal in 1st half of a game .. new manager will certainly correct that stat fairly quickly I believe.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris said it many times our problem is not Players it's way we play and are set up? Yes lost our wide players or ones with pace but still should be able to muster a goal in 1st half of a game .. new manager will certainly correct that stat fairly quickly I believe.

Well, all I can say is that it hasn't gone unnoticed that most of the goals shipped in our recent poor run have been of similar style, i.e. our midfield/defence either being torn open through the middle and/or defenders 'switching off' at crucial points

We have made average opposition players look like 'worldies' with some of the goals against of late and I blame both players (lack of concentration) and manager (coaching and selection policies) for that

Add to that a strike force currently more impotent than the self-styled 'Jack Army' and it is easy to see why we are where we are and equally as easy to see why the right managerial appointment in the coming days/weeks will see this squad climb the table in coming weeks

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:00 pm

Not looking good - and the goal diff with the other clubs around us, is shocking :shock:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:28 pm

Barclay1 wrote:All overseen on Vincent Tans watch, on his orders and instructions, using his policy, when all around could see it going wrong over the last 18/24 months.

If there was nothing he could do?, then he should have sold us to the one bidder who really cared.

Do you really believe he's done this all on his own with all the other business stuff he has going on in his life? :o

I guess I am defending him a little here against a clear and blatant exaggeration of the fact

Vincent Tan, in all his businesses, employs other people to do his bidding, albeit on clear instruction and what we have had here (at the CCS) is a Chairman and a series of CEO's who have for one or more reasons, got it wrong and backed off from taking ownership

Have no doubt, those people were ably assisted at that time by what were then (in their minds) 'prominent' supporters who had vested and oft sychophantic agendas of their own

What we don't/maybe never will know is what goes on between the two parties when they are in conference; although we do know that the owner is absolutely livid over recent events, as he was over the way certain aspects of the Sala debacle was handled from the club's side

Put simply, it is neither reasonable or practicable for the owner to run the show on his own and whilst he may dictate both policy and direction, he has been poorly advised and to say otherwise is to dilute the valid parts of any debate :roll:

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:51 am

danielrees17 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:plenty of time to turn it around and make a charge with a new manager to the playoffs

Our side is nowhere near good enough for a play off charge, as long as we get safe thus season I think most fans will be happy

100% not good enough the squad at the moment.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:

100% not good enough the squad at the moment.

I don't think any manager could get our squad, as it is, into the play-offs.

I've said all along that a decent manager should get us into the top 10 relatively safely but we don't have enough to get into the play-offs and I'm pretty comfortable with that, as long as we make a good appointment now.