Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wheeling and dealing!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:52 pm

I appreciate that its probably pie in the sky, but my ideal choice for a new manager would be Eddie Howe on a decent length contract eg 2 years. (Totally different than giving MM 2 years in his 60’s).
I would also appoint him on the basis that if he (obviously)? triess to keep us up but ha would have the following year with thwirbacking…. AND tell the fans that he has their backing. Let us know there is a PLAN.
Most reasonable fans would accept that.

I accept it prob won’t be Howe, but lets have a “plan”. I would get Wintle and Murphy back in Jan (if we can) . Anyway, Whoever gets the job will need to wheel and deal. According to Dalman(!) wr need to sell or let go before buying. It begs the quesrion who do we try to sell in Jan (AND who would buy them??)
Apparently these will be out of cotractnext year….
Marlon Pack
Will Vaulks
Alex Smithies
Issac Vassell
Sean Morrison
Aden Flint
Joe Ralls

3 of them are from our misfiring midfield.

Who would you let go (or sell beforehand). Id keep Smithies and maybe short term contracts for Ralls and Flint. But it depends what style the new manager wants?? I firmly believe that stubborn Mick decided that Pack was to be the lynchpin of our midfield. Hence he played him in all of all the games. ie even when we needed to score to get back in matches he was never subbed! :bluebird: :bluebird:
Who would you keep???

Re: Wheeling and dealing!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:01 pm

Lengee wrote:I appreciate that its probably pie in the sky, but my ideal choice for a new manager would be Eddie Howe on a decent length contract eg 2 years. (Totally different than giving MM 2 years in his 60’s).
I would also appoint him on the basis that if he (obviously)? triess to keep us up but ha would have the following year with thwirbacking…. AND tell the fans that he has their backing. Let us know there is a PLAN.
Most reasonable fans would accept that.

I accept it prob won’t be Howe, but lets have a “plan”. I would get Wintle and Murphy back in Jan (if we can) . Anyway, Whoever gets the job will need to wheel and deal. According to Dalman(!) wr need to sell or let go before buying. It begs the quesrion who do we try to sell in Jan (AND who would buy them??)
Apparently these will be out of cotractnext year….
Marlon Pack
Will Vaulks
Alex Smithies
Issac Vassell
Sean Morrison
Aden Flint
Joe Ralls

3 of them are from our misfiring midfield.

Who would you let go (or sell beforehand). Id keep Smithies and maybe short term contracts for Ralls and Flint. But it depends what style the new manager wants?? I firmly believe that stubborn Mick decided that Pack was to be the lynchpin of our midfield. Hence he played him in all of all the games. ie even when we needed to score to get back in matches he was never subbed! :bluebird: :bluebird:
Who would you keep???

I would offer Ralls, Flint & Smithies deals the length of which to be decided on which division we are in - but they are probably some of the highest earners so I doubt we will. Vasell I would terminate his contract and try and get what we can for the others.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:09 pm

I'm gutted that we are stuck with Bacuna for another 12 years.

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:20 pm

davids wrote:I'm gutted that we are stuck with Bacuna for another 12 years.

Make him player / Manager and and see if he picks himself- gone by xmas :laughing6: