Interim Manager Steve Morison will be given

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:48 pm

U23’s manager Steve Morrison’s has been given three games in charge.

Tan hopes to have a new manager for Preston away after the international break.

So it looks like Neil Harris rumour was to be taken with a pinch of salt.
But Harris had kept in touch with Tan and did meet a member of the board twice in the last 10 days.

GOOD LUCK STEVE MORISON :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Attachments
5D2494FA-C980-45F3-B2BA-78B0429777E7.jpeg
5D2494FA-C980-45F3-B2BA-78B0429777E7.jpeg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 9251 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Interim Manager Steve Morison will be given

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:56 pm

Sat Oct 30 Stoke City v Cardiff City
Wed Nov 3 Queens Park Rangers H
Sat Nov 6 Huddersfield Town H

Sat Nov 20 Preston North End A

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby wez1927 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:U23’s manager Steve Morrison’s has been given three games in charge.

But Harris had kept in touch with Tan and did meet a member of the board twice in the last 10 days.

I would be surprised if Harris has had meetings about his payoff
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:58 pm

I hope Steve Morison does well.

Don't think he'll get it permanently which is a shame, because we'll probably end up with someone worse.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:59 pm

general question. If Harris is still on the payroll and was offered another job would they have to pay compensation ?
llan bluebird

Postby wez1927 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:05 pm

llan bluebird wrote:general question. If Harris is still on the payroll and was offered another job would they have to pay compensation ?

Probably not ,I was thinking about director of football?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:02 pm

Good Luck to him :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:27 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:U23’s manager Steve Morrison’s has been given three games in charge.

Wez,

Neil Harris is still on the pay roll and is being paid monthly, him and Tan have never fallen out and Tan still likes him.
Tan really believed in Harris.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby piledriver64 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:06 am

I was none too keen on Harris as a manager.

However, he did create a pathway from U23s to first team and got some good loans in .

Maybe, Director of Football could work ?
piledriver64

Postby troobloo3339 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:12 am

We still need an under 23 manager
Maybe that was why he had a meeting
troobloo3339

Postby Danny Says » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

Neil Harris is still on the pay roll and is being paid monthly, him and Tan have never fallen out and Tan still likes him.

That’s the root of the problem. If our chairman, who knows as much about the football side of the club as Buzz Lightyear, has a say in the qualifications of a manager, and rates someone just because he believes in them, then god help us.
Danny Says

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:58 am

He wont want job permanently he as to much going for him at academy? besides it would benefit club more having his expertise at academy as this season's results shows plus the couple players like colwill hes got into 1st team..
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Danny Says wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez,

That’s the root of the problem. If our chairman, who knows as much about the football side of the club as Buzz Lightyear, has a say in the qualifications of a manager, and rates someone just because he believes in them, then god help us.

Lord forbid our bosses not 'believe' in us as employees, eh? ;) :laughing6:

Not defending Tan here. It's his thoughts not mine; but the point is he might be thinking right now that those who 'pushed' him towards removing NH and replacing him with MM didn't quite come out of it covered in glory and we are hardly any further forward since

Hopefully, he (NH) won't be back as manager but there's nothing wrong with VT 'liking' him (as a man or an employee)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby EastleighBlue » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:48 pm

I really, really hope he gets a result against Stoke. Would take a drab 0 v 0 right now. Just have to stop losing. I will be interested to see who he makes Captain and who from the U21 he may promote in the next few weeks. I'd love to see Zimba given a try.
EastleighBlue

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:53 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:I really, really hope he gets a result against Stoke. Would take a drab 0 v 0 right now. Just have to stop losing. I will be interested to see who he makes Captain and who from the U21 he may promote in the next few weeks. I'd love to see Zimba given a try.

Zimba surely to get his chance but we need to remember it's a big step up...

Only one way to find out though...! :clap: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Crayfish » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:03 pm

What worries me is if the board is given too much time to make a new appointment they will get it wrong and try to be too clever by half. They have done this twice by picking two non obvious choices in Russell Slade and Paul Trollope. To be fair Slade was ok but Trollope was an unmitigated disaster.

There is one blindingly obvious choice here in Chris Wilder if he is willing to come to Cardiff lets get him in as soon as possible. He has done an excellent job at his last three club got them all promoted when there is an outstanding candidate like this get him in usually the obvious choice is the best one.

My worry is the board will bugger about we will lose Wilder and end up with a too clever by half choice like the Man City youth coach who used to manage Rochdale or Neil Harris.

If Wilder is not willing to come here happy to give Morrison a go till the break as there is no other obvious choice
Crayfish

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:08 pm

Crayfish wrote:What worries me is if the board is given too much time to make a new appointment they will get it wrong and try to be too clever by half. They have done this twice by picking two non obvious choices in Russell Slade and Paul Trollope. To be fair Slade was ok but Trollope was an unmitigated disaster.

There is one blindingly obvious choice here in Chris Wilder if he is willing to come to Cardiff lets get him in as soon as possible. He has done an excellent job at his last three club got them all promoted when there is an outstanding candidate like this get him in usually the obvious choice is the best one.

My worry is the board will bugger about we will lose Wilder and end up with a too clever by half choice like the Man City youth coach who used to manage Rochdale or Neil Harris.

If Wilder is not willing to come here happy to give Morrison a go till the break as there is no other obvious choice

Can see it now we pick a younger manager from div 1 or 2 and meltdown as to why didn't wilder and it'll be boards fault with out knowing the facts...
pembroke allan

Postby Grandstand » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:11 pm

I just hope that if Steve starts well, fans won’t be demanding he has a 2 year contract like MM. Till the end of the season would be the best option.
Grandstand

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:31 pm

From now on, it has to be a yearly rolling contract surely?? Not getting stuck with someone who isnt doing as expected would help.
bluesince62

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:38 pm

bluesince62 wrote:From now on, it has to be a yearly rolling contract surely?? Not getting stuck with someone who isnt doing as expected would help.

Agree, Paul and said it before... :thumbup:

There's always the chance a manager might be 'stolen' away but that would usually mean he has been successful first

We would/could miss out on compensation (when did we ever get any for a manager?) but the safeguard is one of knowing it won't cost the club the Earth, if he fails to deliver and they want rid...
Sven

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:30 pm

Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:From now on, it has to be a yearly rolling contract surely?? Not getting stuck with someone who isnt doing as expected would help.

There's always the chance a manager might be 'stolen' away but that would usually mean he has been successful first

We would/could miss out on compensation (when did we ever get any for a manager?) but the safeguard is one of knowing it won't cost the club the Earth, if he fails to deliver and they want rid...

My sentiments exactly Chris, the same with players! Shorter contracts, with option to extend,I dread to think how many millions we have" lost" on paying out big money & lengthy contracts, that when the go south, we are stuck either paying them a wage for not playing, or paying up their contracts!! The times they are a changing, as the great b.dylan sang!
bluesince62

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:45 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:

My sentiments exactly Chris, the same with players! Shorter contracts, with option to extend,I dread to think how many millions we have" lost" on paying out big money & lengthy contracts, that when the go south, we are stuck either paying them a wage for not playing, or paying up their contracts!! The times they are a changing, as the great b.dylan sang!

Lots of good players/managers out of work currently, Paul

Lessons are being learned for all but the elite ones, who can still demand and get what they want

It's also why some players/managers are prepared to sit on their contracts (not arguing it is their right) rather than doing the decent thing

Not sure if Mick McCarthy did that but I believe it's what Lee Tomlin did

If there's a positive to be taken from Covid in football, I hope it it a rationalisation for all involved from top to bottom, including supporters
Sven

Postby nubbsy » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:28 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:

We tried that with bennet. But he wanted a 2 year contract and we know how that ended up! I do think it's a more sustainable way to go but in reality its competitive and someone else might always offer better.
nubbsy

Return to General Chat