Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jody morris

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:17 pm

Jody morris weren't even in the betting odds now all of a sudden 3/1. Something in this?

Re: Jody morris

Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:33 am

Who is Jody Morris ,what is his back ground ,has he got any pedigree.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:46 am

Didn't he play for Chelsea ?

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:19 am

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jody_Morris

Basically Frank Lampard's no 2 as a coach.

As a player mainly Chelsea but nearly signed for us but chose Leeds at the last minute. Didn't go down well if I remember rightly.

Only positive I could see is Chelsea loans.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:35 am

Morris nearly became Swans boss this season, and VT has an unhealthy fascination with everything the Jacks do.

If they wanted Morris, he must be good is his attitude.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:58 am

Looks like he worked in the Chelsea academy for 4 years, could be a good appointment if he is allowed to have a say in transfers.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:06 am

Nearly signed for us a few years ago when he was a player.

Everything agreed and he was either on his way to sign or was actually in a hotel ready to sign the next day when he received an offer from Leeds (I think it was) and went straight there to sign the next day.

Couldn't be bothered with us then and hopefully we won't be bothered with him now.

Offer him the job, get him down here to sign and then tell him that we've found someone else and he can f**k off.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:49 am

davids wrote:Nearly signed for us a few years ago when he was a player.

Everything agreed and he was either on his way to sign or was actually in a hotel ready to sign the next day when he received an offer from Leeds (I think it was) and went straight there to sign the next day.

Couldn't be bothered with us then and hopefully we won't be bothered with him now.

Offer him the job, get him down here to sign and then tell him that we've found someone else and he can f**k off.

Now,now,did what any player would have done given the circumstances.Only gotta look down the road to see how a manager with connections to strong academies can benefit a club like us.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:25 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Now,now,did what any player would have done given the circumstances.Only gotta look down the road to see how a manager with connections to strong academies can benefit a club like us.

You could also look at Ole with his Man United connections which were a roaring failure.

I acn still remember how pissed off I was when Jody Morris left us in the lurch so, in my humble opinion, f**k him.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:25 pm

That was over 16 years ago and most players would have chosen Leeds over us , so i have no issues what so ever

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:01 pm

Abergavenny wrote:

That was over 16 years ago and most players would have chosen Leeds over us , so i have no issues what so ever

Agree; not my choice but no worse an option than some being linked

Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:22 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Morris nearly became Swans boss this season, and VT has an unhealthy fascination with everything the Jacks do.

And you know this how? Surely if the Jack's had WANTED him, hed be the manager now?? Another pop at Tan I see? Sam ain't coming back,why would the owner sell to a man that's suing the club?

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:05 pm

100% on you with this one. I remember being quite excited about him signing for us, only for him to turn around and sign for Leeds. His career nose dived pretty quick after he signed for them though, so not all bad. Apart from Chelsea connections I’m not sure quite what he offers anyway.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:47 pm

BaltimoreBlues wrote:

100% on you with this one. I remember being quite excited about him signing for us, only for him to turn around and sign for Leeds. His career nose dived pretty quick after he signed for them though, so not all bad. Apart from Chelsea connections I’m not sure quite what he offers anyway.

And i am 100 % in agreement as well. I haven't forgotten how he did the dirty on us. But then Neil Harris was almost as bad in what he did so we have form in this area.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:49 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Morris nearly became Swans boss this season, and VT has an unhealthy fascination with everything the Jacks do.

And you know this how? Surely if the Jack's had WANTED him, hed be the manager now?? Another pop at Tan I see? Sam ain't coming back,why would the owner sell to a man that's suing the club?

Somewhat of an unfair comment.

Firstly, following local football news, Wales Online , message boards ( yes, now and again I visit Planet Swamp) Morris was a serious contender.

Where have I made a 'pop' at Tan. Saying he has an unhealthy fascination with the Jacks isn't a 'Pop'as you put it.

Thirdly, I didn't once mention Sam, or any sale of our club once in my statement, so why did you?

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:22 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Somewhat of an unfair comment.

Firstly, following local football news, Wales Online , message boards ( yes, now and again I visit Planet Swamp) Morris was a serious contender.

Where have I made a 'pop' at Tan. Saying he has an unhealthy fascination with the Jacks isn't a 'Pop'as you put it.

Thirdly, I didn't once mention Sam, or any sale of our club once in my statement, so why did you?

I would like an example or two of the ‘unhealthy fascination’ if possible.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:43 pm

Of course...

1. Swansea very successfully brought in unknown european talent from lower leagues. This, after they had been professionally scouted no doubt.

Soon after we try the same, but our scouting system is poor and we end up with Gounongbe, Zohore, Velikonje. ....

2. Swansea are well known for bringing through kids from their academy. Making a lot of money. We try it.....

Swansea try it, they are successful, we see it, try it and fall flat on our faces because we do it with a lack of football knowledge.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:58 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Of course...

1. Swansea very successfully brought in unknown european talent from lower leagues. This, after they had been professionally scouted no doubt.

Soon after we try the same, but our scouting system is poor and we end up with Gounongbe, Zohore, Velikonje. ....

2. Swansea are well known for bringing through kids from their academy. Making a lot of money. We try it.....

Swansea try it, they are successful, we see it, try it and fall flat on our faces because we do it with a lack of football knowledge.

I see. So Swansea are the only team to have done (1) and (2) so we must be copying them.
We’ve had loads of chances of bringing through our kids and haven’t done it. We’re doing it now because we’re skint and have to.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:04 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Of course...

On the European player point , do you mean the Zohore we sold for £8m? Loic Damour was a good find. So was Gestede.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:22 pm

Mason Mount
Reece James
Fikayo Tomore
Trevor Chalobah
That defender who was at the Jacks but signed for Palace, Guiha?
Conor Gallagher

A few of the lads Morris trained and brought through at Chelsea, considering all the promising youth we have he’d be a magnificent appointment and we would be bound to get some good loans too.

I’ve heard rumours suggesting that there might be some legs in this too.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:24 pm

mjw6150 wrote:Mason Mount
Reece James
Fikayo Tomore
Trevor Chalobah
Conor Gallagher

A few of the lads Morris trained and brought through at Chelsea, considering all the promising youth we have he’d be a magnificent appointment and we would be bound to get some good loans too.

He’s my 2nd choice after Wilder :thumbup:

Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:32 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:Mason Mount
Reece James
Fikayo Tomore
Trevor Chalobah
Conor Gallagher

He’s my 2nd choice after Wilder :thumbup:

Watch this space