Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BLUEBIRD CHAIRMAN TALKS CLUB FINANCIAL POSITION

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:So the same as every other team in the football league then? The majority of them not having had our income over the previous years, and the majority ( outside the premiership and top Championship) not having the crowds we ( used to) get.

Our wounds are self inflicted by in fighting and wrong decisions.

This statement is negative personified. Saying we are looking for finance, then saying there is still no money for players in January??

The man has not an ounce of empathy with the supporters.

Its a slap in the face to say that the current ownership, that are currently unable to manage the financial situation, have no intention of walking away.

So it's more of the same for the future. That's really going to entice the crowds back, and enhance our already ruined reputation.

You should replace 'their' negativity with your own; not a good word have you said about our club since you arrived on this Forum

And explain what 'already ruined reputation' is?

Amongst whom (outside this club)?

Be honest because whenever I speak to supporters of other clubs, they have one or more of othe following...

Disinterest in another club's affairs (bar match time or close to)

Some sympathy (where they are aware)

A desire (for many clubs) to be in the relatively 'secure' position that our club is in, i.e. not in real danger of going 'bust' or falling foul of FFP

Or they're simply a 'Jack' trying to get a cheap rise

And ask yourself honestly, maybe 'Jacks' apart, how much of an interest do you really take in the troubles and machinations of other clubs on a day to day (or even frequent) basis?

I think these are fair questions in response to your continued indoctrinated statements of all things negative

In fairness, Chris he does have his positive moments... but I fail to understand people (not only him) wanting Tan to walk away?

Another owner did that and caused chaos and financial meltdown just what we need right know....

As for point sbout other clubs yes fans show interest and comment on it but do they care? Not really but they do have some sympathy because fans have put money into buckets for clubs in the past...

Fans are very insular and really only care what happens at their club because have no input into other clubs affairs.

Allan, some great points in there, which is exactly why I asked Barclay1 the questions. Of course, no one is 100% negative but he does push an agenda that I believe (and I have my reasons) is not totally his own

As 'posters' rather than people, we can't always agree (that would be boring eh?) but I will say that Barclay1 is a decent guy to deal with and those who know him day the same :thumbright:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:04 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:So the same as every other team in the football league then? The majority of them not having had our income over the previous years, and the majority ( outside the premiership and top Championship) not having the crowds we ( used to) get.

This statement is negative personified. Saying we are looking for finance, then saying there is still no money for players in January??

Its a slap in the face to say that the current ownership, that are currently unable to manage the financial situation, have no intention of walking away.

So it's more of the same for the future. That's really going to entice the crowds back, and enhance our already ruined reputation.

You should replace 'their' negativity with your own; not a good word have you said about our club since you arrived on this Forum

Be honest because whenever I speak to supporters of other clubs, they have one or more of othe following...

A desire (for many clubs) to be in the relatively 'secure' position that our club is in, i.e. not in real danger of going 'bust' or falling foul of FFP

And ask yourself honestly, maybe 'Jacks' apart, how much of an interest do you really take in the troubles and machinations of other clubs on a day to day (or even frequent) basis?

I think these are fair questions in response to your continued indoctrinated statements of all things negative

In fairness, Chris he does have his positive moments... but I fail to understand people (not only him) wanting Tan to walk away?

Another owner did that and caused chaos and financial meltdown just what we need right know....

As for point sbout other clubs yes fans show interest and comment on it but do they care? Not really but they do have some sympathy because fans have put money into buckets for clubs in the past...

Fans are very insular and really only care what happens at their club because have no input into other clubs affairs.

Allan, some great points in there, which is exactly why I asked Barclay1 the questions. Of course, no one is 100% negative but he does push an agenda that I believe (and I have my reasons) is not totally his own

As 'posters' rather than people, we can't always agree (that would be boring eh?) but I will say that Barclay1 is a decent guy to deal with and those who know him day the same :thumbright:

Lots of agendas on here Chris and tbh it makes things harder having a more balanced viewpoint .... but the wanting tan to walk aspect of argument is baffling considering the consequences for the club....
Ps good news we will stay out bottom 3 Barnsley losing 3-0 and think our fans unhappy not much better at oakwell...

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Lots of agendas on here Chris and tbh it makes things harder having a more balanced viewpoint .... but the wanting tan to walk aspect of argument is baffling considering the consequences for the club....
Ps good news we will stay out bottom 3 Barnsley losing 3-0 and think our fans unhappy not much better at oakwell...

The worse ones are those who use multi-names to push said agendas and those who 'reinvent' themselves once they are caught out... :oops:

100% three teams (and more) worse than us, Allan; we just need a man motivator (ironically we had an expert at the CCS yesterday) with some fresh ideas about how 'modern' football can and should be played

From here, positivity head on again, the only way is up...! :ayatollah: :thumbright:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:27 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

The worse ones are those who use multi-names to push said agendas and those who 'reinvent' themselves once they are caught out... :oops:

100% three teams (and more) worse than us, Allan; we just need a man motivator (ironically we had an expert at the CCS yesterday) with some fresh ideas about how 'modern' football can and should be played

From here, positivity head on again, the only way is up...! :ayatollah: :thumbright:

I don't prescribe to how bad we are? It's way we have been made to play by mm that as caused the problems... players in right positions playing forward type of tactics will see us move up table eventually .... players like bacuna played really well when played in right position ..... but since mick decided playing for draw from start was way forward hes suffered along with rest team ...... not scoring in 1st half for 14 games is absolutely criminal even the worst team imaginable would score in 1st half before now.... and people blame players for this.. :o

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:41 pm

Always tried to be fair, and take opinions on the chin. Not too often, but I certainly have given credit where due. My opinions, certainly recently, have been mirrored by an awful lot on this board.

Anyway, to answer your very reasonable question. It is not necessarily the opposibg or other teams fans that i was referring to when i say we have an already ruined reputation.

Watching us on Sky, armchair fans will no doubt wish they could play a team like us every week. Its not a direct interest in our affairs, but our reputation amongst pundits as a 'big' championship team is so far removed from reality and those watching us on TV will see it and rub their hands knowing that there is one team far worse than they are.

As for the football industry, players, managers, agents will know of Cardiff City's money woes, style of play, interfering board, and lack of leadership from the top down.

Last season we were so far removed from the Cardiff City I know AND LOVE. This year we are not even a patch on last year. If supporters can see it, those in the industry can certainly see it.

Sven, you do still have me all wrong. My desire for my Cardiff City to succeed and push on knows no boundaries, and I can't stand where we are and as you know lay blame squarely in one place. With what we had, it ahould never had turned out this way.

We have lost our chance to stay in the big time and really grow due to ineptness within our club. After waiting nearly 50 years for this, it's something I find difficult to put to one side.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:47 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Always tried to be fair, and take opinions on the chin. Not too often, but I certainly have given credit where due. My opinions, certainly recently, have been mirrored by an awful lot on this board.

Anyway, to answer your very reasonable question. It is not necessarily the opposibg or other teams fans that i was referring to when i say we have an already ruined reputation.

Watching us on Sky, armchair fans will no doubt wish they could play a team like us every week. Its not a direct interest in our affairs, but our reputation amongst pundits as a 'big' championship team is so far removed from reality and those watching us on TV will see it and rub their hands knowing that there is one team far worse than they are.

As for the football industry, players, managers, agents will know of Cardiff City's money woes, style of play, interfering board, and lack of leadership from the top down.

Last season we were so far removed from the Cardiff City I know AND LOVE. This year we are not even a patch on last year. If supporters can see it, those in the industry can certainly see it.

Sven, you do still have me all wrong. My desire for my Cardiff City to succeed and push on knows no boundaries, and I can't stand where we are and as you know lay blame squarely in one place. With what we had, it ahould never had turned out this way.

We have lost our chance to stay in the big time and really grow due to ineptness within our club. After waiting nearly 50 years for this, it's something I find difficult to put to one side.

Respect all of that from you, fella and agree with most :thumbup:

The 'reputational damage' referred to is mainly within the club's corridors, it's fan base and some media outlets with vested intersts

The 'Jacks' don't count...! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6: