A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bye Bye Premier League newbie fans

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:23 am

Bye Bye Premier League newbie fans :wave: :wave:

Thats one good thing Mick did :thumbup:

He's seen off the last of them :thumbup: :wave:

Re: Bye Bye Premier League newbie fans

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:37 am

Why is it a good thing to see a section of a fan base disappear? We do lose their spend at the same time.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:58 am

Great news, now we’ll all have 10 seats too ourselves. :roll:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:06 pm

I want city to be established in the prem like many others. If the Prem is what attracts the next generation of city fans then so be it. Sick to death of seeing United and Liverpool shirts everywhere. If they come and support City instead and help the club grow then what’s the issue with that?

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:12 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Why is it a good thing to see a section of a fan base disappear? We do lose their spend at the same time.

I was thinking that; and just after the club announce financial restraints going forward?

I think the OP was pretty unthinking in his setting up of this thread and if what he wrote is what he thinks and believes, then (for me) it makes him another poor 'supporter' who doesn't have the club's 'best interests' at heart :roll:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:14 pm

Canton104 wrote:Great news, now we’ll all have 10 seats too ourselves. :roll:

Nukes will be the only one' happy' about that; he can stretch out more for his mid-match snooze...! :thumbright: :lol: :clap:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:26 pm

I got news for you, if we go down to League 1, you'll have a whole stand to yourself

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:14 pm

The excuses over the years I've heard :roll:

Won't go coz we sold Toshack, won't go coz of Sam Hamman,
won't go coz of Ridsdale, won't go coz of Tan

Then we went to the Premier League in red and some of these people that wouldn't go before suddenly turned up and went to the matches

We got relegated, then it was 'I won't go coz we are still in red', even know they went in the Premier league

Then we changed back to blue under Warnock, then some people I know started to go again coz we went up

We got relegated, then it's I won't go coz of Tan again

The same people went when we were in the Premier league!

There's a lot of good Cardiff City fans that go through thick and thin who hate Tan, etc. but still went and supported the team

But loads (and that are the most vocal) don't and just slag the club off on Facebook or the net all the time!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:38 pm

wez1927 wrote:The excuses over the years I've heard :roll:

Then we went to the Premier League in red and some of these people that wouldn't go before suddenly turned up and went to the matches

We got relegated, then it was 'I won't go coz we are still in red', even know they went in the Premier league

Then we changed back to blue under Warnock, then some people I know started to go again coz we went up

There's a lot of good Cardiff City fans that go through thick and thin who hate Tan, etc. but still went and supported the team

But loads (and that are the most vocal) don't and just slag the club off on Facebook or the net all the time!

Spot on, Wez; spot on...! :clap: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :clap:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:57 pm

Chill out half banter half true, yes of course I want the club to make as much money as possible so I want as many there as possible :thumbup:

But I won't miss most of those glory hunter types that haven't got a clue, and only want to support when we are doing well especially in the premier league, they'll be back supporting ManU now, oh hold on make that Liverpool :lol:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:04 pm

It very much happened like that. Comedy seeing the excuses from fans. Don’t forget the football under Slade too. Saw off plenty of fans who happily watched similar football under Malky but it was winning football so no issues then.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:34 pm

I will be there in league 1 and 2. My son will still drag me there with him.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:57 pm

Great post Wez! Absolutely spot on!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:16 pm

skiprat wrote:I got news for you, if we go down to League 1, you'll have a whole stand to yourself

;)

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:38 pm

Our main problem with getting/keeping new fans has become the truly awful football that we've been playing this season. They weren't an amazing side when I started following them in the late sixties, but they weren't bad either so it was normal to become supporters. But if they'd played then like they've played this season I'm not sure that I would have wanted to start following them. Thank god for Jimmy Scoular.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:33 am

If the premier league brought supporters to the club then great. You would have had young kids who first came to watch us under Malky in the premiership who have become supporters and still go today The same for our time under Warnock.
Fans disappear after the Wright era as well and we were in Div 3/4 at the time However each time our so called die hard supporter numbers has increased Maybe from 3000 in late 80s to 12000 now.
In my time watching city ,which is over 45 years people have always turned up for the big games and that is the same with many a team . From the Hereford game to Man Utd in premiership
Our biggest decrease in crowds must have been following the Hereford game , so nothing new in our crowds reducing .
I will be at the game if we have 1000 people or 50,000 but rather the latter

Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:29 pm

Spot on fella

Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:23 am

Sven wrote:

Nukes will be the only one' happy' about that; he can stretch out more for his mid-match snooze...! :thumbright: :lol: :clap:

Ha ha I would if I was still going chief but I have walked away from football. Don’t watch any live or on TV. Is it permanent ? Hell knows but I have no feelings to want to watch any now or in the future.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:43 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Ha ha I would if I was still going chief but I have walked away from football. Don’t watch any live or on TV. Is it permanent ? Hell knows but I have no feelings to want to watch any now or in the future.

Nooooooooooo!!!!! Come back soon, Nukes! :shock: :ayatollah:

Your City needs you...! :notworthy:

Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:55 am

Sven wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Miss the banter with my mates Chris only. Stop this being lectured by hypocritical player nonsense then will see. Players who constantly bang the drum on social justice and LGBT causes who then can’t wait for the world cup just show the level of hypocrisy.

I have nothing in common with them, sad but my passions now lie else where. I will always be a bluebird and CCFC my club but I would rather leave with my memories than this bullshit that’s called football. :bluebird:

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:32 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Miss the banter with my mates Chris only. Stop this being lectured by hypocritical player nonsense then will see. Players who constantly bang the drum on social justice and LGBT causes who then can’t wait for the world cup just show the level of hypocrisy.

I have nothing in common with them, sad but my passions now lie else where. I will always be a bluebird and CCFC my club but I would rather leave with my memories than this bullshit that’s called football. :bluebird:

Wow! Coming from you, I know how much it took to get to that point, Sreve! :cry:

Speaking to others we both know, I am seeing/hearing this more and more under current circumstances and being honest I can increasingly see where some of the more experienced, i.e. pre-Sam support is coming from, as even in the dark days our support was not this disenfranchised from those they seek (or at least should be) to persuade to attend games and part with their hard-earned

Stay safe, Steve, best wishes to you and Mrs Nukes and the family. I look forward to the day when you feel you can come back :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:48 pm

Sven wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Wow! Coming from you, I know how much it took to get to that point, Sreve! :cry:

Speaking to others we both know, I am seeing/hearing this more and more under current circumstances and being honest I can increasingly see where some of the more experienced, i.e. pre-Sam support is coming from, as even in the dark days our support was not this disenfranchised from those they seek (or at least should be) to persuade to attend games and part with their hard-earned

Stay safe, Steve, best wishes to you and Mrs Nukes and the family. I look forward to the day when you feel you can come back :ayatollah:

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: