Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marlon Pack

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:54 pm

Misses the next game due to picking up five bookings.

Most of which have come due to his habit of arriving at the scene of a tackle long after the ball has departed.

On current form won't be much of a miss but the loss of any experienced player at the moment is going to be a handicap for Morison.

Re: Marlon Pack

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:06 pm

We will bebetter without him slowing everything down to a snails pace and passing sideways or losing possession. Pack hasnt missed onw minute of play this season- and look at the results!! :bluebird:

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:23 pm

Whats wrong with Ralls, hopefully he is fit next week or was it a suspension?

Pack and Vaulks has never worked, both too slow. I was brought up on partnerships, when Pack plays with Ralls at least Joe can get around the park and cover Packs slowness.

IMO Pack has been the problem for the last 2 and a bit seasons. To be a slow as he is you need to be one hell of a passer or snuffer out of trouble and he isn't. He tackles like Whitts and passes like Gunnar (a bit unfair i believe Gunnar was on par)

Good pro, made a decent living out the game but no way he gets a championship contract next season.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:55 pm

Good. Ralls and Bacuna in the centre of midfield. Despite the criticism Bacuna gets he never plays in his best position. This is it. These 2 will be strong good runners and CAN pass.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:30 am

Thank God. The amount of times he dithers on the ball and loses it is countless.

He is way too slow to play at this level. He struggles when we play 3 centre midfielders but playing him in a 2 man midfield is suicide.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:44 am

Maybe we should try Pack in the boardroom and Dalman on the pitch. Neither bring anything to the club in my opinion in their supposed areas of expertise.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:51 am

Brezza wrote:Good. Ralls and Bacuna in the centre of midfield. Despite the criticism Bacuna gets he never plays in his best position. This is it. These 2 will be strong good runners and CAN pass.

I agree with Bacuna in there, he has an engine it just needs to be utilised in the right position.

I would question your comment that Ralls is a strong runner ? His lack of mobility is what costs us time and time again and his passing and tackling stats are pretty poor for a midfield player.

You're right in that Pack and Ralls don't work together though :thumbright: