Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Totally Baffled

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:55 am

piledriver64 wrote:
MikeP wrote:Cant believe what I'm reading, VT decides how the team plays, also picks the team unbelievable.

Players contracts won't be renewed no money available in January or next season. One more person to be added to New Manager list Top of the list Vincent Tan.

When calling up what VT is worth and what other Clubs he owns its gets even more baffling. VT RULES OK AND THAT'S THAT. No point in delegating when what he says goes. When checking what he's worth 750 million I feel really sorry for him he's really on skid row better pass the begging bowl around.Having Bern City supporter for over 60 years Iv never know n such a mess in the club.

As Elvis sang as his last song Down Down Down unless something is done and done quickly.

Whilst it is a concerning position to you really mean that !!??

I think you may have forgotten the Kumars, Sam, Riddler, etc. All of whom took us to within hours (not days or weeks) of bankruptcy/winding up.

Of course people forget that.

Re: Mehmet Dalman's extraordinary meeting with City supporte

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:58 am

Also, who came through our academy after Sam left that isn’t Aaron Ramsey? (As amazing as he was)

Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:28 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:So we are financially reliant on one man. That man is very rich and is liable for all our debt.

Previously we were financially reliant on incoming money including future monies. That of course ran out resulting in multiple court cases risking our liquidation.

I know which position I prefer.

Imagine we were still totally reliant on incoming monies with no gate receipts for ages.

Neil,

I man who created these new debts and cases on his last 11 yrs in total charge and that’s a fact.
A man who does not give to shits for our club.

And where is the Sala money?

It’s all very scary Annis but it was scary when Sam ran us and ran out of money around Black Friday and it was very scary when the Riddler was in charge and had mortgaged our future earnings.

We are used to being scared.

We knew we would have to live within our means one day. That time is now.

As everyone said prefer to be blue in league one or two. We will get that wish. At least we will have a club.

When Sam left Neil we were Top of the Championship and had over £30mill worth of players and £60mill spent on outline planning for new stadium.

Our Accademy was also at its all time best with real quality.

But as usual to change the topic Sam brought in to it.

Tan has been charge for 11 years and it’s now we should concentrate on and Dalman turning on him.

I’m bringing Sam in to add context Annis. It’s not a new thing us being in a shit financial position. However to answer your points we were top but had a tiny squad that was never gonna stay there once the winter came and our lack of training facilities affected us as it did constantly. Didn’t we finish mid table that year? We were also heavily in debt at the time (relative to assets) and were constantly bringing forward money from the future to pay debts of today. That became more apparent under the Riddler. We were always going to pay for that short sightedness. We are finally attempting to become self sufficient. We have been paying stupid wages for too long.

There were good times under Sam, as there were under Ridsdale and under Tan but don’t make out it was all roses and light under Sam. Piledriver showed up that argument far more eloquently than I could the other day.

As I said we have been expecting this since the red was reversed.

We reap what we sow.

Rather be blue in league two. It was said.

Neil,

No this could all of been avoided .

It’s been a disgrace the last 11 yrs.

And yes I would rather be in BLUE & PROUD :occasion5: :bluescarf:

Tan and his puppets are a disgrace.

Also have you forgot we also got promoted in Blue 2nd time Tan was still interested once in Premier, but we messed up and after that relegation Tan has virtually disappeared.

Where is the Sala money?

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:35 pm

I have to be honest here and say that I cannot remember a more confused and murky situation at our club

I don't mean the football, although admittedly that's not been good, I mean the background situation and/or the lack of fluid and reliably trustworthy information coming out; and I don't just mean from within the club

Any information is only as good as the informant it comes from and under the current regime it is increasingly apparent that the whole and/or consistent story is a distinct rarity

Just this last few days we have had several different angles on the same topics (mainly Mick McCarthy staying or going) and when he went immediately after the Boro game, I think it surprised a lot of us, giving the impression he already knew (or did he?)

Further confusion has since been added by apparent Chairman, Mehmet Dalman, who has astonishingly (for me) launched a scathing attack on his 'boss' and effectively admitted he was a lame duck in his position and bypassed by a manager (in Neil Warnock) with a stronger character

Were these revelations from the heart or deliberate in their airing?

Well, we all know Mehmet Dalman is careful with his words, so it seems they were borne out of either of or a mix of frustration and anger

So what for his future as Cardiff City Chairman?

It seems all is not well behind the scenes and I can't see the owner being anything less than annoyed at these latest revelations whether true or not

Ultimately, we have a club that has in recent times kept its internal affairs close to their collective chests, so is this a sign of disunity or a man (Mehmet Dalman) about to exit stage left?

I guess it will all come out in the wash butveither way, we have to get used tonthe fact that any infomation, no matter how usually reliable the source and how sincere, should be taken with an element of suspicion until evidenced

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:18 pm

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:21 pm

Sven wrote:I have to be honest here and say that I cannot remember a more confused and murky situation at our club

I don't mean the football, although admittedly that's not been good, I mean the background situation and/or the lack of fluid and reliably trustworthy information coming out; and I don't just mean from within the club

Any information is only as good as the informant it comes from and under the current regime it is increasingly apparent that the whole and/or consistent story is a distinct rarity

Just this last few days we have had several different angles on the same topics (mainly Mick McCarthy staying or going) and when he went immediately after the Boro game, I think it surprised a lot of us, giving the impression he already knew (or did he?)

Further confusion has since been added by apparent Chairman, Mehmet Dalman, who has astonishingly (for me) launched a scathing attack on his 'boss' and effectively admitted he was a lame duck in his position and bypassed by a manager (in Neil Warnock) with a stronger character

Well, we all know Mehmet Dalman is careful with his words, so it seems they were borne out of either of or a mix of frustration and anger

It seems all is not well behind the scenes and I can't see the owner being anything less than annoyed at these latest revelations whether true or not

Ultimately, we have a club that has in recent times kept its internal affairs close to their collective chests, so is this a sign of disunity or a man (Mehmet Dalman) about to exit stage left?

I guess it will all come out in the wash butveither way, we have to get used tonthe fact that any infomation, no matter how usually reliable the source and how sincere, should be taken with an element of suspicion until evidenced

Sadly so much truth in what you say Chris.

The truth always comes out in the end and once again these last few months it’s all been coming out , how badly we are run and bad the Committee really are at running our club.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:41 pm

Neil,

Debt free in 5 years

What happened to that?

Didn't Tan say it and it’s now 11 yrs and we are worse of in league position, debt bigger and squad weaker, fans fed up and lower crowds all sad facts :cry:

And what’s suddenly happened to the Sala debt??

Also have you forgot we also got promoted in Blue 2nd time Tan was still interested once in Premier, but we messed up and after that relegation Tan has virtually disappeared.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:45 pm

Where’s all the money gone from the 2 promotions?

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:47 pm

Jalill Tans Ceo of Berjaya on twitter

Big weekend with some difficult decisions made. Not a nice situation to be in. Hopefully the start of better things to come, with the limited resources we have. Lots of work being undertaken behind the scenes. Important that some affairs are held behind closed doors too.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:48 pm

also getting touchy with Malaysian press

Jalil Rasheed
@jalilword
·
31m
(1) What kind of journalism is this? Cardiff City FC (CCFC) manager search will be undertaken by CCFC’s Board of Directors.
Quote Tweet
The Edge Malaysia
@theedgemalaysia
· 2h
Highlight: Vincent Tan to oversee Cardiff City Football Club as directors search for new manager - http://theedgemarkets.com https://u.theedgemarkets.com/r/697644

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:I have to be honest here and say that I cannot remember a more confused and murky situation at our club

The truth always comes out in the end and once again these last few months it’s all been coming out , how badly we are run and bad the Committee really are at running our club.

Annis, you know me well enough to know I will give anyone the benefit of doubt until they prove otherwise and Mehmet's words have seemingly confirmed a few things that you (and some others) have been saying i.e. the club hierarchy are (at best) disjointed and (at worst) inept and/or ineffective

This needs a definitive statement and/or action from the owner and if what Mehmet says is even a politician's version of the truth (and it's hard to believe he would be so openly critical if it isn't) it is a sad day in our history

The club's custodians need to 'front up' soon and give the supporters a genuine pathway. Good or bad, the real supporters will accept it and what we don't need right now is more bulls##t and confusion :cry:

Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:55 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, you know me well enough to know I will give anyone the benefit of doubt until they prove otherwise and Mehmet's words have seemingly confirmed a few things that you (and some others) have been saying i.e. the club hierarchy are (at best) disjointed and (at worst) inept and/or ineffective

This needs a definitive statement and/or action from the owner and if what Mehmet says is even a politician's version of the truth (and it's hard to believe he would be so openly critical if it isn't) it is a sad day in our history

The club's custodians need to 'front up' soon and give the supporters a genuine pathway. Good or bad, the real supporters will accept it and what we don't need right now is more bulls##t and confusion :cry:

They have been inept with our finances. As I have said they follow a long line of chairmen/owners who are inept with our finances. Long before Sam but including him, Ridsdale, PMG. Thankfully we are now in a position where the ineptitude is liable to one person and that person is financially responsible for us which is massively different to before.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:31 pm

10 months ago we signed a 4th division striker for £1M who barely played and was sent out on loan. This was in the middle of the pandemic with no-one going to games. Whose idea was that? If it was Tan and he gets a say in footballing matters wouldn't he expect to see the lad playing? Would he be happy that player was sent out on loan?

Also, if Choo and Dalman had okayed Sala then would Tan's input have been needed?

Does Tan have any idea how teams play below first team level? Wouldn't he want them to play the long ball game too?

Dalman answers a question and three more spring up afterwards.

I do remember Tan signing the decorator :lol:

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:50 pm

Let's not forget that allegedly MD is loaning the club money at an extortionate interest rate ( so no need to collect a wage )
Hope that he goes asap personally.
Another point, IF what he says is true about Neil Warnock ( I don't use this 'ap' nonsense ) going above their heads regarding ES transfer then NW may well find himself in a whole lot of trouble if he used his old mate McKay whilst being aware that McKay should not have been acting as agent due to being banned.
No doubt I will get slated for daring to question some on here Messiah but for whatever he achieved in getting promotion no one can honestly deny he left us with a huge wage bill of average players and some spectacular failures in the transfer market.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:53 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:Where’s all the money gone from the 2 promotions?

Sam,
Virtually lost through the shocking way our club has been run.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:58 pm

To be fair Annis, If managers were blowing your money on absolute garbage at an alarming rate there must come a time when the purse strings are pulled tight. Think we have reached the time bomb we have been sitting on for many years!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Sam,

Doesn’t surprise me at all Annis,I wish dalman choo and tan would leave the club wasted millions and millions of pounds

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:10 pm

JulesK wrote:To be fair Annis, If managers were blowing your money on absolute garbage at an alarming rate there must come a time when the purse strings are pulled tight. Think we have reached the time bomb we have been sitting on for many years!!

Jules,

We will have had 11 managers and 6 CEO’s in 11 years, the people at the top have to take responsibility.

Also over 4 years ago they set up this so called Transfer Committee, how the hell have they improved us?

Look where we are today?

Be honest with yourself, we are being run worse than badly and now even Dalman is turning on his boss and blaming him.

It’s unbelievable.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:11 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sam,

Doesn’t surprise me at all Annis,I wish dalman choo and tan would leave the club wasted millions and millions of pounds

Sam it’s incredible what they have wasted £millions on, from the Rebrand, court case after court case and failed managers etc etc

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:22 pm

And for now Steve Morison interim manager
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:47 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:Wasn't we told the Sala money was ring fenced.?

We were from dalman

Yep, I think one of the posters on this forum with a bit of knowledge of the process/accounts previously mentioned that it would have to be placed in a special account :?

Provision for £20m+ appeared in the May 2019 and May 2020 accounts but this was a provision against profits to comply with accounting practice , not actually cash set aside to pay out if the club has to pay Nantes (which I firmly believe they never will when the legal arguments are finalised).

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:47 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:Wasn't we told the Sala money was ring fenced.?

We were from dalman

Yep, I think one of the posters on this forum with a bit of knowledge of the process/accounts previously mentioned that it would have to be placed in a special account :?

Provision for £20m+ appeared in the May 2019 and May 2020 accounts but this was a provision against profits to comply with accounting practice , not actually cash set aside to pay out if the club has to pay Nantes (which I firmly believe they never will when the legal arguments are finalised).

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Debt free in 5 years

What happened to that?

Didn't Tan say it and it’s now 11 yrs and we are worse of in league position, debt bigger and squad weaker, fans fed up and lower crowds all sad facts :cry:

Annis
As you know I disagree with a lot that Vincent Tan has done since he acquired the club and continue to be frustrated and annoyed with the fact that he is the sole decision maker on most if not all major decisions. I am also annoyed with him and Neil Warnock for having done things (dealing with Willie McKay in a very dubious manner etc) directly against the specific instruction of the board of directors.

However, some misunderstandings need to be corrected before people make assumptions and conclusions based on inaccurate information.

The Vincent Tan promise to make the club debt free in 5 years was made in February 2016 (I was at the meeting when he said it) so about 5 years and 8 months ago not when he took over 11 years ago so he is currently just over 8 months overdue in complying with that promise. That period has included the best part of two years of a global pandemic affecting the football world plus also his wider business empire so hardly unexpected that the deadline has slipped , and will probably continue to do do until the business world returns far closer to normality.

Since he made the promise to clear all the debt he has converted £76m of debt into shares plus written off a further £23m of debt , so the promise made has progressed by just under £100m.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:16 pm

fred keenor wrote:Jalill Tans Ceo of Berjaya on twitter

Big weekend with some difficult decisions made. Not a nice situation to be in. Hopefully the start of better things to come, with the limited resources we have. Lots of work being undertaken behind the scenes. Important that some affairs are held behind closed doors too.

I wish that these kind of comments were made direct to CCFC fans via the official website or similar rather than picked up by a few via an indirect Twitter account. The club`s communication with fans , as I and others raised at Saturday`s meeting, really is totally unacceptable and needs to improve dramatically ASAP if the club senior management and owner wants fans to get behind them. I have personally asked the CEO to try and get Jalil to hold a meeting with a fans` group online but so far Jalil has declined to do so.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:23 pm

JulesK wrote:Let's not forget that allegedly MD is loaning the club money at an extortionate interest rate ( so no need to collect a wage )
Hope that he goes asap personally.
Another point, IF what he says is true about Neil Warnock ( I don't use this 'ap' nonsense ) going above their heads regarding ES transfer then NW may well find himself in a whole lot of trouble if he used his old mate McKay whilst being aware that McKay should not have been acting as agent due to being banned.
No doubt I will get slated for daring to question some on here Messiah but for whatever he achieved in getting promotion no one can honestly deny he left us with a huge wage bill of average players and some spectacular failures in the transfer market.

There is nothing in the accounts to suggest that Mehmet Dalman has lent money to the club at extortionate interest so not sure of the basis for your assumption there.

I agree with you though that Neil Warnock may well find himself the subject of many questions about his involvement with a person who he well knew was not a licenced intermediary and not able to be involved in any manner in football transfer matters. My fear is that full disclosure of events may also have an adverse impact on our club for allowing him to do so

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:41 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:

What happened to that?

Annis
As you know I disagree with a lot that Vincent Tan has done since he acquired the club and continue to be frustrated and annoyed with the fact that he is the sole decision maker on most if not all major decisions. I am also annoyed with him and Neil Warnock for having done things (dealing with Willie McKay in a very dubious manner etc) directly against the specific instruction of the board of directors.

However, some misunderstandings need to be corrected before people make assumptions and conclusions based on inaccurate information.

The Vincent Tan promise to make the club debt free in 5 years was made in February 2016 (I was at the meeting when he said it) so about 5 years and 8 months ago not when he took over 11 years ago so he is currently just over 8 months overdue in complying with that promise. That period has included the best part of two years of a global pandemic affecting the football world plus also his wider business empire so hardly unexpected that the deadline has slipped , and will probably continue to do do until the business world returns far closer to normality.

Since he made the promise to clear all the debt he has converted £76m of debt into shares plus written off a further £23m of debt , so the promise made has progressed by just under £100m.

Good post, alas not sure it will suit the obvious agenda of the thread

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:08 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:

What happened to that?

Annis

So he’s not as bad as made out?

Shock.

But yeah he has clearly taken his eye off the ball while firefighting at his other businesses.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:30 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:

What happened to that?

Annis

Wow 100 million written off ,well done tan

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:37 pm

Ninian1962 wrote:

What happened to that?

Annis

Keith,

I hear quite the opposite that you are the one at the meetings bowing down to the Committee and agreeing with everything to just keep your status and room at the club, so No in my view you don’t stand up to them and that’s from others that attend.

Are we debt free yes or no? Straight answer please

Who made the majority or shall I say the current debts?

Dalman once again says they turned down offers well I know that’s true , so for me the current owner then has to accept responsibility to keep on looking after our club and clearing the debt he actually created after 11 yrs.

As to hailing Tan a hero paying off £100 mill he made that debt himself and so he should be clearing it.

So really we should be debt free by now surely???

It’s been 11 years and the pandemic has only been around 18mths

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Ninian1962 wrote:

What happened to that?

Annis

Keith,

I hear quite the opposite that you are the one at the meetings bowing down to the Committee and agreeing with everything to just keep your status and room at the club, so No in my view you don’t stand up to them and that’s from others that attend.

Are we debt free yes or no? Straight answer please

Who made the majority or shall I say the current debts?

Dalman once again says they turned down offers well I know that’s true , so for me the current owner then has to accept responsibility to keep on looking after our club and clearing the debt he actually created after 11 yrs.

As to hailing Tan a hero paying off £100 mill he made that debt himself and so he should be clearing it.

So really we should be debt free by now surely???

It’s been 11 years and the pandemic has only been around 18mths

Annis , sorry but that it total b*llocks , as you would know all too well if you had been at any of the meetings. All you have to do is ask the likes of Vince. Corky or Keiran who also attend most of those meetings (at least one of those has been at all the meetings I believe). Up to and including the meeting last Saturday I have asked sometimes awkward questions of the directors both at the meetings themselves and in follow up emails. Far from the case of "agreeing with everything " or "bowing down" to the Committee as you say here so please don`t make this things up or naively believe who is telling you these things without checking out the facts with people who were there.. If you are including the club football manager at the relevant time as part of the Committee then I have never given that person a hard time as no manager has been present at the meetings I have attended. I would be very interested who this person is or people are that you say attend the meetings who are telling you differently and would gladly have a conversation with them directly as they are either are misinforming you or don`t exist.

As for status or room at the club I have neither do not sure where you get that from either. I am not beholden to the club in any way so can express my views to them independently.

Are we debt free now or not? No we are not , but without checking the accounts this late at night , I think the independently audited accounts up to 31 May 2020 (the most recent available) show the club`s net liability position is no worse now than when Sam was in charge .Do I believe that the position could be even better than it is financially? Yes I certainly do and have said so to the directors on more than one occasion.

Who created the debts in the first place? Vincent Tan but the point I was making which you don`t seem to want to grasp is that nearly £100m of that debt has been either written off through the accounts or been converted into shares in just under 5 years up to 31 May 2020 - not my opinion but a fact verified by audited accounts .I have never hailed Tan as a hero (he is far from it in my eyes as you suggest) but merely stated facts which are easy to demonstrate as true).

As I have clearly stated the promise to make the club free within 5 years ago was in early 2016 not 11 years ago. If the pandemic had not made clearing the balance of debt impracticable . I would be among the first to criticise the owner for not sticking to his promise. I will continue to be critical if the promise is not kept when it is reasonable to do so.

The club deserves to be criticised when they do things wrong and cost the club I have loved for 60 years and I will continue to do so . from owner down through directors to the football manager in an independent manner but based on facts not hearsay and with no hidden agenda.

Not entirely sure why you make these unfounded accusations without checking out facts first but they are not helpful at all when we are both loyal fans of the club (ahead of any loyalties to any particular owner or director past or present) who only want the best for it now and going forward.

If you think any od my comments in this or any of my earlier posts are factually incorrect , please point out here in response but I don`t want this to be a long drawn out argument serving no purpose