I do not Believe him

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I do not Believe him

Postby Igovernor » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:17 am

I do not believe a word that MD has said about no money for players in Jan and the summer windows.
Why do you think that VT is re-financing, he is a sucessful businessman, and finance wise knows what he is doing. Could it be to cover costs for a new manager and staff and also for new players, I have no idea but it seems logical to me.

I believe that there is a good manager who we are in talks with, and seems to be our first choice, also there have been several good managers who have applied for the job.

So in my opinion it is not all doom and gloom, we still seem to be a club that people want to manage. :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Igovernor

I do not Believe him

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: I do not Believe him

Postby TheHangedMan » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:34 am

Igovernor wrote:I do not believe a word that MD has said about no money for players in Jan and the summer windows.
Why do you think that VT is re-financing, he is a sucessful businessman, and finance wise knows what he is doing. Could it be to cover costs for a new manager and staff and also for new players, I have no idea but it seems logical to me.

I believe that there is a good manager who we are in talks with, and seems to be our first choice, also there have been several good managers who have applied for the job.

So in my opinion it is not all doom and gloom, we still seem to be a club that people want to manage. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

I don't agree with you about this particular vaccine but I do agree with your post. If somebody has made millions and built a huge global business they must have some idea about what they are doing.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that CCFC in League 1 is totally worthless, whereas in the Championship there are probably many who would buy at a price they think is a good deal. I suspect that price at the moment is way below what Tan would even consdider, but being only 1 step away from the golden cash cow is a risk some would take.

Therefore the follow on is that any good Manager, whether they are currently employed or not, would look at Cardiff City FC as project worth a go. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Bluebina » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:09 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
Igovernor wrote:I do not believe a word that MD has said about no money for players in Jan and the summer windows.

I don't agree with you about this particular vaccine but I do agree with your post. If somebody has made millions and built a huge global business they must have some idea about what they are doing.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that CCFC in League 1 is totally worthless, whereas in the Championship there are probably many who would buy at a price they think is a good deal. I suspect that price at the moment is way below what Tan would even consdider, but being only 1 step away from the golden cash cow is a risk some would take.

Therefore the follow on is that any good Manager, whether they are currently employed or not, would look at Cardiff City FC as project worth a go. :bluebird:

Agreed, spot on :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Igovernor » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:32 pm

At the moment we are linked with 19 managers. I wonder how long before they sack OGS and link him with us
:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
Igovernor

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:16 pm

Yes, that comment has ben somewhat overlooked. I'm not sure what it entails but could be interesting of course it could be anything from more loans to new investors so I await news on that particular statement with interest.
piledriver64

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:21 pm

With more high earners off payroll come end season there will be money around to get in freebies or loans at reduced costs.... no manager would put faith in 11 youngsters in championship that's asking for relegation .....so new players are garaunteed to come in what kind obviously depends on the manager we bring in.
pembroke allan

Postby JulesK » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:26 pm

Good OP, for the life of me I can't get why some on here who continually beat the club with any stick they can find would believe what MD says when he gives BAD news but call him a liar and politician when he gives GOOD news?
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:06 pm

JulesK wrote:Good OP, for the life of me I can't get why some on here who continually beat the club with any stick they can find would believe what MD says when he gives BAD news but call him a liar and politician when he gives GOOD news?

Jules its been same since I've been on this forum? think its called believing what they want to believe to suit their ideology.
pembroke allan

Postby pontlliwblue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:30 pm

Why have we never gone down the route of naming the stadium. I know Derby and Sheffield Wednesday have been caught out over valuing this for ffp purposes but to not using in if our finances are so bad seems daft.
pontlliwblue

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:07 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:Why have we never gone down the route of naming the stadium. I know Derby and Sheffield Wednesday have been caught out over valuing this for ffp purposes but to not using in if our finances are so bad seems daft.

The “Berjaya” stadium!
Pulisnewport

Postby wez1927 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:13 pm

I tend to agree
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby wez1927 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:16 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:Why have we never gone down the route of naming the stadium. I know Derby and Sheffield Wednesday have been caught out over valuing this for ffp purposes but to not using in if our finances are so bad seems daft.

It's was the sale of the stadium with them not sponsorship, so if we sell the naming rights could raise a lot ,it is an international football venue too so called get a bit
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:

I tend to agree

So do I.... but others think only a painter decorator will want the job? :mrgreen: so many jumping to conclusions and have a pop at club to suit themselves rather than wait until new man is in before criticising club. :o
pembroke allan

Postby montyblue » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:37 pm

Obviously coming out with a statement that no funds are available for transfers loans in jan and nothing for 22 season is surely suicidal or hoping for another budget appointment surely this would or has put off wilder etc and we end up with x Newport or earnshaw.
montyblue

Postby darran1927 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:40 pm

I heard that it Sam would be due some money for naming rights if we renamed the stadium . I’m not sure if that’s true mind but would make sense why it’s never been named
darran1927

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:42 pm

:o
TopCat CCFC

Postby piledriver64 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:19 am

darran1927 wrote:

I heard that it Sam would be due some money for naming rights if we renamed the stadium . I’m not sure if that’s true mind but would make sense why it’s never been named

I'm not certain, but I thought that part of the deal was removed the last time they settled out of court :?

But it does seem a bit strange that we haven't utilised that income stream so maybe you are right.
piledriver64

Postby fred keenor » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:07 am

The re financing could also be to pay Nantes?
fred keenor

Return to General Chat