I hope Steve Morison does well

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bluebina » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:21 pm

No pressure we have three tough games, but I hope he has a good start and can make some improvement and start to rebuild some confidence.

I think he will as McCarthy had lost the dressing room and they appeared to be going through the motions and waiting for a chance to prove McCarthy's formations and selections wrong.
Bluebina

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: I hope Steve Morison does well

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:17 am

I'm hoping he does well to.

I'm reading how he has got his youngsters plying some nice football. If he can transfer that to the senior squad and come up with the results then that will be great. I get the impression he is going to have to replace the senior players will the youngsters he knows. That to me could be were it fails as the youngsters could be bullied out of their playing style. Hopefully a few seniors will remain to counter this. Its going to be a challenging balancing act.
Bakedalasker

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:45 am

It's certainly going to be interesting to see Morison's team selection and tactics.

But whist he is relatively inexperienced in management he is an experienced football man and will know the importance of getting the balance right.

I wonder whether he will take a different approach with the youngsters and actually use them in the positions we're lacking in rather than just trying to fit the best of them in e.g. Colwill number 10, Patton centre midfield, Davies as an out and out winger, Zimba upfront ?

But I fully expect to see that to be balanced with experienced heads to carry them through.

It will be nice to look forward to seeing the team announcement rather than dreading it and counting the centre backs :roll: :lol:
piledriver64

Postby Liles93 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:53 am

Agreed - I hope without the pressure of a long-term contract, and the support of fans who would honestly be delighted with a point at the moment, he may be able to just play freely and we may see some different footie!
Liles93

Postby theclaw » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:22 pm

Does he take charge of the u23s today?
theclaw

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:53 pm

theclaw wrote:Does he take charge of the u23s today?

Not sure, they're doing OK without him (2-1 up at the moment) if he's not there !

Just demonstrates what you can see every time they watch them, they all know the jobs of each position and it doesn't matter who's playing in what formation they are drilled and it looks really efficient.
piledriver64

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:42 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
theclaw wrote:Does he take charge of the u23s today?

Not sure, they're doing OK without him (2-1 up at the moment) if he's not there !

Just demonstrates what you can see every time they watch them, they all know the jobs of each position and it doesn't matter who's playing in what formation they are drilled and it looks really efficient.

Zimba scored again as well
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby MikeP » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:40 am

Just let Steve Morison to it. He knows the club the talent within the club and with no money available in January or next summer why waste money on a New Manager who doesent know the club, Just give Steve and his assistant a rolling contract if it works out he stays as Manager if not reverts back to the under 23s for more experience with no contract pay off let's not waste any more money.
MikeP

Postby Sven » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:55 pm

Bluebina wrote:No pressure we have three tough games, but I hope he has a good start and can make some improvement and start to rebuild some confidence.

I think he will as McCarthy had lost the dressing room and they appeared to be going through the motions and waiting for a chance to prove McCarthy's formations and selections wrong.

Couldn't agree more...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Steve Morison is the man in possession right now and we should (I think most but not all are) get behind him and the team for (at least) the next three games

If he's still in charge after that, it should mean he has done better than his predecessor :clap:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby BigBearBlue1974 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:32 pm

Got to get some pace in and round Moore. Defenders push right up on us cause they know we won't get in behind them

Midfield

B Ralls Vaulks
Colwill

Defence

NG PADDY FLINT GILES
BigBearBlue1974

Return to General Chat