“ It seems it will not happen “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:13 pm

Rob Phillips said on Radio Wales on Monday morning.

"He was just sat behind me at the Fulham game last week. I think Cardiff would be interested in him, although we are hearing that now seems unlikely he is out of Cardiff’s type of budget.

"Jody Morris, the (former) Chelsea No,2 to Frank Lampard and was in their academy, he has come into consideration as well.

"And there is Brian Barry-Murphy, who runs the Manchester City under-23s.

"I think what Cardiff have to do now... they are caught between needing someone with experience to try and keep them up this season. If Barnsley had won [Cardiff] would have been in the bottom three, but Barnsley lost to Sheffield United.

"They have got to tally that with... it is time that the club had a distinct philosophy in place and they need to give someone time.

"They've got to decide what they want. Do they want a hungry coach, like Mark Hudson, former captain, or Mike Flynn, the former Newport County manager who is out of work and on their doorstep?

"Or do they need someone more experienced?

"I think the Cardiff fans would be ready now to go with someone, give them two or three years and try and change the way the club play."
Attachments
88B9EA08-8A2C-4697-84E3-300B98E4751A.jpeg
88B9EA08-8A2C-4697-84E3-300B98E4751A.jpeg (60.33 KiB) Viewed 7576 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ It seems it will not happen “

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:12 pm

This is getting ridiculous now.

Won't spend on transfers, won't spend on free agents, won't spend to get a decent manager, and yet VT and his cronies wonder why we are where we are.

You want to get out of this mess you got us into? SOME money HAS to be spent SOMEWHERE. We're not asking millions here, just some common sense.

Otherwise it will be a ineffective poor team, led by an ineffective poor manager. Hardly exciting stuff to give the fans heart is it Vincent?
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:32 pm

Barclay1 wrote:This is getting ridiculous now.

Won't spend on transfers, won't spend on free agents, won't spend to get a decent manager, and yet VT and his cronies wonder why we are where we are.

You want to get out of this mess you got us into? SOME money HAS to be spent SOMEWHERE. We're not asking millions here, just some common sense.

Otherwise it will be a ineffective poor team, led by an ineffective poor manager. Hardly exciting stuff to give the fans heart is it Vincent?

Watch yourself Lee for being honest, Tan followers don’t like to sadly see the truth and reality.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:38 pm

Calm down No offer been made to anyone and not likely for a week or so either..... it was said earlier people believe Dalman when he says something fans dont like and don't believe him when says something positive sounds abo right......... if you believe tan will not back new manager or insist next manager play 11 academy players because wont spend money typifies people wanting to believe what they want to suit their
Opinion of the board... tan knows relegation is disastrous for his financing of club and people think he will deliberately do something to make it happen ? Come on should be taking Dalman with pinch of salt because shouldn't believe anything he says good or bad.
He also said dof is not out question make what you want of that statement. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Calm down No offer been made to anyone and not likely for a week or so either..... it was said earlier people believe Dalman when he says something fans dont like and don't believe him when says something positive sounds abo right......... if you believe tan will not back new manager or insist next manager play 11 academy players because wont spend money typifies people wanting to believe what they want to suit their
Opinion of the board... tan knows relegation is disastrous for his financing of club and people think he will deliberately do something to make it happen ? Come on should be taking Dalman with pinch of salt because shouldn't believe anything he says good or bad.
He also said dof is not out question make what you want of that statement. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

pembroke allan

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:54 pm

I respect your reply and you make sense, we will continue to differ (maybe agree to disagree), on the point that everything coming out of the club at the moment indicates the owners cannot cope.

If that's the case, I do think Tan should concede his time is up, and make more positive steps to relinquish control and sell, to someone with the football knowledge that is urgently required right now.

I recognise you see this differently, but in the end I'm sure we have the same outcome in mind and that is safety for this year, and beyond, and a hope for the future.
Barclay1

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:23 pm

You do realise nearly a third of hos wealth was wiped out during pandemic yeah? He cannot just keep spending, we would be in a worse state than now!! He is trying to re-finance the club,why do this, if he has no interest? Seems a waste of time to me, unless he plans on the finances being for a decent manager, and some playing staff? If we are to restructure, these things will be neccessary.
As for still available free agents, perhaps their wage demands are too much? Or the club doesnt rate them so haven't bothered? Remember ,they are still FREE for a reason surely???
Lastly. It will take MILLIONS. of course it will!a decent manager alone will cost at least a mill a yr, or likely more!!
bluesince62

Postby montyblue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:37 pm

Tan has allready scuppered any chance by saying no money january and coming 22 season be it loans or signings unless dalhman is talking b.ll.cks like we have money put aside for sala affair.
montyblue

Postby DEANO » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:38 pm

Obviously playing poker .No way will they reveal they have money until the sala case is over.
DEANO

Postby Sven » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:48 pm

Barclay1 wrote:I respect your reply and you make sense, we will continue to differ (maybe agree to disagree), on the point that everything coming out of the club at the moment indicates the owners cannot cope.

If that's the case, I do think Tan should concede his time is up, and make more positive steps to relinquish control and sell, to someone with the football knowledge that is urgently required right now.

I recognise you see this differently, but in the end I'm sure we have the same outcome in mind and that is safety for this year, and beyond, and a hope for the future.

Let's be honest here, Lee; none of us truly knows and (to a large extent) it is both very subjective and very open to interpretation

You do make some good points though, albeit aimed at the negative side of Vincent Tan only

Can I ask a genuinely confusing question: If he 'relinquishes', who seriously is going to take us on?

Clearly, you will have one individual in mind but would that really happen, if the current owner has a say, which he will?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:55 pm

The one potential as you say is quite clear, love him or hate him.

I wonder if I am alone in thinking that it is not the wealth that is important it is how it is used.

I have to agree with the majority there are not many potentials out there, but even those with a small percentage of Tans wealth, using it wisely, cannot do much worse.

Again, it won't surprise you that I don't have a degree in economics, but I am amazed that the current ownership haven't identified that a larger income from attendances can be gleaned by being inclusive and giving hope. ANY new owner, even if they don't have the resources financially, that can get everyone to pull together, and provide a real hope for the future can get a better income from the club than Tan is currently getting.

Not an answer to your specific question I grant you, but, as you say, who knows who will take over, when, and how this will affect our future. Apart from the obvious, anything else is just a guess.
Barclay1

Postby pengamblue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:05 pm

VINCENT GET WILDER IN NOW , WHILE YOU'VE GOT THE CHANCE
pengamblue

Postby Whistler » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:05 am

Firstly, I am no fan of Vincent Tan, but also I do not hate him. We all know that there has been some poor decision-making at the club for some years now. That trait has manifested itself to the position we find ourselves in at this point in time.
Vincent Tan has thrown a great deal of money at this club over the years and whilst to nonsense of the Red was crazy, there has been a procession of Managers however (including Warnock) who have pissed most of it up against the wall. Even up to last season serious money was thrown at project City even in the pandemic. We are now at the position where the money tree has stopped growing and football in general is in a financial mess ( just look a couple of other Championship clubs).

There has been some mention of "re-financing" this week, so lets all wait and see what that means. I do think that what is needed is a Chris Wilder with some football pedigree, to steady the ship keep us in the championship and hopefully the squad can be overhauled in the Summer with these kids having gained some experience and kick on.

We all need to pull together and hopefully we can rise up and lets all start drinking from the glass that's half full rather than empty :occasion5: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Whistler

Postby mjw6150 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:17 am

We have gone the experienced route, this generation of players have had their time now and its time to move forward. We are good enough to stay up whoever is in charge and if they can prioritise rebuilding around the youth we have as well as ensuring we comfortably remain in Champ then we are going in the right direction.
mjw6150

Postby Barclay1 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:30 pm

mjw6150 wrote:We have gone the experienced route, this generation of players have had their time now and its time to move forward. We are good enough to stay up whoever is in charge and if they can prioritise rebuilding around the youth we have as well as ensuring we comfortably remain in Champ then we are going in the right direction.

I have to disagree. We are not good enough to stay up. In a few games time we will be propping up the league. And building around youth? I'm afraid none of our youth is good enough to be anywhere near our 1st team, but they have to be because of the stripping bear of our squad.

We are led by a striker who failed at league 2 and Non league, and yet we give him a long contract.

I don't go along to watch an u21 team or an u23 team. I pay to watch a first team that is competitive.
Barclay1

Return to General Chat