Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Cardiff need 'young' coach ‘

Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:42 am

Cardiff need 'young' coach

EFL pundit and commentator Don Goodman has claimed that Cardiff need to change tack and hire an 'up-and-coming' coach.

Speaking to Sky Sports’ latest EFL podcast, the former West Brom and Wolves striker said: “I just wonder now, they had Neil Warnock and they were successful, they then had Neil Harris, they then had Mick McCarthy.

“Now those three their style isn’t dissimilar in terms of how they see the game and how they’ve had success with their clubs in the past.

“So, I just wonder whether or not, a little bit like Crystal Palace in the Premier League, whether or not the Cardiff City hierarchy are possibly thinking about a different style, so a different type of coach, going down a different type of avenue because really now they’ve been stuck in the Championship, having loved every second they spent in the Premier League with Neil Warnock, and they would’ve hope to have got closer to getting back promoted and in real terms they haven’t really been that close, they haven’t really been able to cope with the very best the Championship has to offer

“So, I just wonder whether they’ll look at a different type of a coach, you know and young up and coming type of coach. You know it’s reaped rewards for several clubs in the past. Steve Cooper has been a perfect example of that, even Graham Potter, it’s just a change in direction and I just wonder if Cardiff will just think about that.”

Re: ‘ Cardiff need 'young' coach ‘

Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:56 am

I will always support City and after more than 40 years i will not stop going However sometimes i do think what the hell am i wasting my time for Luckily my kids loved going so that made it easier.
I want to see attractive football again the last time i really enjoyed the football was the Dave Jones era all be that we did not reach the premiership.
I want to see a manager young or old who wants to play an entertaining style. Anyone who comes may need a couple of years to make this transition as the squad changes. Let’s face it most the great managers today we’re not great footballers and they all had to start somewhere
Why can’t the next great young manager start with us ?

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:36 pm

And a patient fan base.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:52 pm

BigBearBlue1974 wrote:And a patient fan base.

Without doubt patience will be required to get us out of this mess.