Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vaccine Apartheid....What is going on?

Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:41 am

A quick backdrop.......myself and my wife have legally decided that the Covid vaccine is not for us. For the last 22 months we have, when allowed (depending on the nationwide lockdown rules), been visiting my Father in Law in a care home. We take a lateral flow test, all negative, and try to bring some joy into his life.

On Monday 1st November 2021 we received an email stating that a vaccine passport would be required on entry to visit our Dad, from 1st November 2021. I guess we would all call that short notice...... It also stated that a booster confirmation proof on said passport would be required if the 2nd jab was more than 6 months ago.

My first thought was that it is easier to get access to a CCFC game with 20,000 participants, with a lateral flow test, than it is to see our Dad!!!

We called the CQC (Care Quality Commission), who are the overiding body of all Care Homes, to glean advice. On inition they stated they would pass this straight to the CQC Inspector as it sounded unlawful. My thought was this could take days / weeks to get a resolution.

To my surprise we received a call from the Care Home, the same day, stating they had taken a call from the Inspector, same day, and pointed out that their Head Office had made the dictate (Care UK), which they did not agree with but did what HO dictated.

We visited Dad today, with nearly the same protocols as we have always observed. The only difference was the sign in forms had changed, stating that we were required to show "a vaccine passport". I guess that literature will have to be updated as obviously it was prepared before they understood that there may be pushback, and it is unlawful.

My honest worry is how many other care companies are peddling non-lawful dictates? :bluebird:

Re: Vaccine Apartheid....What is going on?

Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:49 am

And when its declared unlawful just wait for the cover up.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:30 am

TheHangedMan wrote:A quick backdrop.......myself and my wife have legally decided that the Covid vaccine is not for us. For the last 22 months we have, when allowed (depending on the nationwide lockdown rules), been visiting my Father in Law in a care home. We take a lateral flow test, all negative, and try to bring some joy into his life.

On Monday 1st November 2021 we received an email stating that a vaccine passport would be required on entry to visit our Dad, from 1st November 2021. I guess we would all call that short notice...... It also stated that a booster confirmation proof on said passport would be required if the 2nd jab was more than 6 months ago.

My first thought was that it is easier to get access to a CCFC game with 20,000 participants, with a lateral flow test, than it is to see our Dad!!!

We called the CQC (Care Quality Commission), who are the overiding body of all Care Homes, to glean advice. On inition they stated they would pass this straight to the CQC Inspector as it sounded unlawful. My thought was this could take days / weeks to get a resolution.

To my surprise we received a call from the Care Home, the same day, stating they had taken a call from the Inspector, same day, and pointed out that their Head Office had made the dictate (Care UK), which they did not agree with but did what HO dictated.

We visited Dad today, with nearly the same protocols as we have always observed. The only difference was the sign in forms had changed, stating that we were required to show "a vaccine passport". I guess that literature will have to be updated as obviously it was prepared before they understood that there may be pushback, and it is unlawful.

My honest worry is how many other care companies are peddling non-lawful dictates? :bluebird:

Thanks for sharing this its important for others to see that often there is a complete over-reach by companies reacting to what they perceive is law and it is important to question them and stand your ground to preserve our rights.

Its good to know :thumbup:

(Hope your Dad is doing OK in there btw.)

Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:29 pm

I work in hospital and we've never needed proof of vaccine for someone to visit loved ones since we restarted visiting. Our only caveat has been that it needs to be a nominated person to do the visiting to reduce lots and lots of people coming in and potentially picking something up or bringing something in. A care home up by me just asks you to go early and perform a LFT half an hour prior to your visit also. Seems that perhaps its the home/company instigating their own rule rather than it being a government or new all Wales rule. Hope your dad is doing well

Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:00 am

Thank you guys for your best wishes........and dare I say it, love.

It is nice to get feedback from a state of understanding rather than the normal divisive hate.

Dad is still breathing but was written off by the medical profesionals, circa 3 years ago. I call him Lazarus, according to the "medical professionals" he should be dead!

Well he is not dead and he does what he wants. If the rest of society could take one leaf, it would be this one. :bluebird:

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:57 pm

I wrote a reply to your post mate, but it seems to have been removed?????????

Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:30 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:Thank you guys for your best wishes........and dare I say it, love.

It is nice to get feedback from a state of understanding rather than the normal divisive hate.

Dad is still breathing but was written off by the medical profesionals, circa 3 years ago. I call him Lazarus, according to the "medical professionals" he should be dead!

Well he is not dead and he does what he wants. If the rest of society could take one leaf, it would be this one. :bluebird:

He does what he wants, he does what he wants, hanged man's old man, he does what he wants!

Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:15 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:Thank you guys for your best wishes........and dare I say it, love.

He does what he wants, he does what he wants, hanged man's old man, he does what he wants!

:clap: :notworthy: :laughing6:

That made me laugh a lot. :thumbup:

We've just come back from a long weekend break on a barge on the Grand Union canal, so we called Dad to see how he's doing. He's obviously had time to think while we've been away and come up with a cunning plan for Christmas, as we intend to bring him back to ours for the day.

Somehow he has "found a key" that fits his ground floor room which has a patio door. If the Boris mob get their way and try and cancel Christmas he wants us to do something akin to the great escape. Probably illegal, but at least he can focus on the intricate details to make the plan work, if needs be.

Amazing guy fair do's. :bluebird:

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:46 am

I hope he doesnt start singing the great escape sound track he might sound like an English football fan!! :D

Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:31 am

I fail to understaand why certain people are scared to have a little needle which is to protect you and others, I think that this is a selfish attitude to take and all the cost to the NHS to try and protect people you decide not to bother. So many have died from this Covid and you have a cheek to say you won't have the jab. Give me one good reason why you won't, I'm glad I don't live anywhere near you. I expect you were the type to refused to wear a mask as well thinking only of yourself and no one else. SORRY but people like you get up my nose.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:40 pm

MikeP wrote:I fail to understaand why certain people are scared to have a little needle which is to protect you and others, I think that this is a selfish attitude to take and all the cost to the NHS to try and protect people you decide not to bother. So many have died from this Covid and you have a cheek to say you won't have the jab. Give me one good reason why you won't, I'm glad I don't live anywhere near you. I expect you were the type to refused to wear a mask as well thinking only of yourself and no one else. SORRY but people like you get up my nose.

I think I've found the village idiot

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:55 pm

MikeP wrote:I fail to understaand why certain people are scared to have a little needle which is to protect you and others, I think that this is a selfish attitude to take and all the cost to the NHS to try and protect people you decide not to bother. So many have died from this Covid and you have a cheek to say you won't have the jab. Give me one good reason why you won't, I'm glad I don't live anywhere near you. I expect you were the type to refused to wear a mask as well thinking only of yourself and no one else. SORRY but people like you get up my nose.

I cannot have it, so you better stay away if you attend matches, I might be dangerous!!!

People like you get up my nose, who do you believe you are? Its peoples choice, let THEM make it.

Have you attended any games since we were allowed back? Dox you 100%know that everyone around you had been jabbed? As a negative lateral flow test is all I've had to show! Plus YOU can stil pass it to me, even though you have been jabbed, so do I take the same attitude, and say you unsafe for me to be near? No, I guess I should just stay indoors, to keep everyone safe!!

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:21 pm

OK you have your opinion I have mine. I belive for the sake of others everyone should be vaccinated, let's hope it doesent continue to spread.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:54 pm

I am not going to spend my time justifying my decision to a person whose 1st post on this forum was 30 minutes after we lost to the JB's on 17th October! :roll:

But if you are that interested please feel free to search my previous posts on this matter. Regular Cardiff posters know my position, and why. We may disagree but it is in the public domain.

I am not going over old ground for you Sir. :bluebird:

Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:03 pm

Whistler wrote:I hope he doesnt start singing the great escape sound track he might sound like an English football fan!! :D

:lol: I perish the thought......if he does we might have to send him on an aversion therapy course!!! :bluebird:

Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:45 pm

MikeP wrote:OK you have your opinion I have mine. I belive for the sake of others everyone should be vaccinated, let's hope it doesent continue to spread.

Nice climb down, fella...! :thumbup: ;)

Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:18 am

MikeP wrote:OK you have your opinion I have mine. I belive for the sake of others everyone should be vaccinated, let's hope it doesent continue to spread.

Answer a question for me, what of the thousands who for varying reasons, are unable to have the jab? What should we do then, live as recluses??

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:03 pm

Why unable or won't?

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:08 pm

Why unable or won't?

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:32 pm

Ive had my jabs. My decision.
Deffo the right one.
Forcing vaccine passports is shocking.
A part of a thickening wedge against freedom for people.

What ever your beliefs.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:37 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:A quick backdrop.......myself and my wife have legally decided that the Covid vaccine is not for us. For the last 22 months we have, when allowed (depending on the nationwide lockdown rules), been visiting my Father in Law in a care home. We take a lateral flow test, all negative, and try to bring some joy into his life.

Thankfully BigBrotherWatch has started legal action against the WAG over their arbitrary decision to introduce vaccine passports. I say arbitrary because there is no scientific evidence to say they are effective in lowering the spread of covid. Both SAGE and the Welsh Governments own TAC have both come out against them but this will not stop Drakeford.

The truth is being double or triple jabbed will not stop you catching or spreading covid although being vaccinated appears to reduce the time you are "Infectious" and also reduces hospital admissions and deaths. I read a report by Oxford University the other day which said that unvaccinated or double / triple jabbed makes NO difference to the delta variant viral load should you catch it.

Using vaccine passports as a tool to reduce infections is nothing more than a fallacy and I really hope this legal action shows Drakeford and his cronies up for the charlatans they are.

As for Christmas I think you should have a back up plan and did a tunnel for your dad just in case he loses the key. ;) Without doubt the best and safest way to visit your dad is to have a LFT with a negative result

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:38 pm

MikeP wrote:Why unable or won't?

Whilst I will not openly discuss my illness, and inability therefore to have this jab,especially to a person I dont really know, you can take my word for it, it could have very serious complications for me, and even go as far as it could even end my life, and anybody who has auto immune disease is in a similar posistion, thousands are unable to safely have it, why, do you question it? I will as always take the advice from my gp, who has known about my condition for many,many years, and his expert opinion and advice is what I have always followed, for at least the last 30 yrs! I am surprised you would ask a person to publicly declare their disability on an open forum!! Shows you dont think of others???? The very thing you accuse others of doing!!

Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:32 pm

I don’t really get the point of a vaccine passport, I’ve had the jabs but even so I can still get it and pass it on so what’s the point? I could sit next to you in the cinema or football and pass the virus to you yet I have an app telling me it’s ok as I’m jabbed…..

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:44 am

castleblue wrote: As for Christmas I think you should have a back up plan and did a tunnel for your dad just in case he loses the key. ;) Without doubt the best and safest way to visit your dad is to have a LFT with a negative result

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:notworthy: :laughing6: When we go to pick him up on Saturday I will take my little pick and shovel :digging2: ..you know it makes sense! :bluebird:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:58 am

goats wrote:I don’t really get the point of a vaccine passport, I’ve had the jabs but even so I can still get it and pass it on so what’s the point? I could sit next to you in the cinema or football and pass the virus to you yet I have an app telling me it’s ok as I’m jabbed…..

Not much point really, but if you're double/triple jabbed you are less likely to catch it in the first place and less likely to pass it on.

The real reason for them is to persuade more people to get the jab, then they are much less likely to need to go to hospital, and much less likely to die!

Pointless though if they say you can still do whatever with a negative flow test, as anyone can pretend they've done one, and they are free anyway, so a waste of time and money under the current rules.