Appeal

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Appeal

Postby rontom » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:53 pm

I do not post on here very often, but read the message board every day, the reason I do not post is that through my age I find it difficult to debate and through ill heath cannot attend matches, The reason of the post is that Friday 29th October my beautiful
wife of 66yrs has suddenly passed away with a massive stroke , Margaret was the most honest adorable person you could meet and I was so fortunate to have been her husband. my children have set up a gofundme appeal because it was Margaret wish for no flowers but donations to her favourite charity SANDS for stillborn children and if anybody would like to donate to it we would be very grateful, the link to the gofundme page is below

https://gofund.me/79547806

Thank you for reading this post
rontom

Appeal

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Appeal

Postby Fusilier52 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:00 pm

rontom wrote:I do not post on here very often, but read the message board every day, the reason I do not post is that through my age I find it difficult to debate and through ill heath cannot attend matches, The reason of the post is that Friday 29th October my beautiful
wife of 66yrs has suddenly passed away with a massive stroke , Margaret was the most honest adorable person you could meet and I was so fortunate to have been her husband. my children have set up a gofundme appeal because it was Margaret wish for no flowers but donations to her favourite charity SANDS for stillborn children and if anybody would like to donate to it we would be very grateful, the link to the gofundme page is below

So sorry for your loss RIP
Fusilier52

Postby Barclay1 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:39 pm

rontom wrote:I do not post on here very often, but read the message board every day, the reason I do not post is that through my age I find it difficult to debate and through ill heath cannot attend matches, The reason of the post is that Friday 29th October my beautiful

I think this needs to be at the top of the message board.

Puts football into perspective. A very worthwhile cause very close to my heart. I can't even begin to understand what your going through, and no words would ever be enough.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby rumpo kid » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:32 pm

Best wishes to you rontom.. thanks for sharing.
rumpo kid

Postby nubbsy » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:04 am

Sorry for your loss mate
nubbsy

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:43 am

So Sorry to hear RIP :cry: :cry:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby rontom » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:47 pm

I would like to thank those of you who posted condolences after the death of my wife, the money donated so far is £615 which I am extremely grateful for, I know Margaret would be very pleased that this money has been donated to such a good cause as SANDS instead of buying flowers.

October was a terrible month for me personally on the day my wile was taken to hospital I was diagnosed wiith Lymphoma, and mild skin cancer.
Because of my age the doctor said it would be better not to have treatment, but they will keep monitoring meet see how it is going, he said it is what they call Watch & Wait, they also have put me down to have the second covid booster jab as now I am classed as a at risk patient
rontom

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:19 pm

rontom wrote:I would like to thank those of you who posted condolences after the death of my wife, the money donated so far is £615 which I am extremely grateful for, I know Margaret would be very pleased that this money has been donated to such a good cause as SANDS instead of buying flowers.

October was a terrible month for me personally on the day my wile was taken to hospital I was diagnosed wiith Lymphoma, and mild skin cancer.
Because of my age the doctor said it would be better not to have treatment, but they will keep monitoring meet see how it is going, he said it is what they call Watch & Wait, they also have put me down to have the second covid booster jab as now I am classed as a at risk patient

Sincere condolences to you and your family.may your wife rest in peace.

On your diagnosis,this may sound very random, my friend had skin cancer, he is 68, and was told similar about treatment, however he wasnt prepared to just let it "fester" as he called it, and after much research, decided to give canabis oil a try, much to his amazement, after 7 months, it had almost completely gone! Shrinking to almost nothing!! Now I know most would scoff at the thought, and it has to be sourced under the arm, as getting it on medical grounds here is almost impossible!! But he swears it has had a massive effect on his lesion, plus he said he actually felt great! He did not injest or smoke the oil, but used it as a topical ointment. Just something you may consider, if you went happy about just leaving things.All the best to you.
bluesince62

Postby TheHangedMan » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:19 pm

Oh man, I have only just seen this post for the first time.

My heart goes out to you Sir, I cannot imagine the grief, heartache and distress you are going through.

It won't help you now, but IMHO you will see your dear wife Margaret when you are ready. Thanks for sharing the GoFund page. My sincere condolences to you and all the family. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby rontom » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:06 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
rontom wrote:I would like to thank those of you who posted condolences after the death of my wife, the money donated so far is £615 which I am extremely grateful for, I know Margaret would be very pleased that this money has been donated to such a good cause as SANDS instead of buying flowers.

Sincere condolences to you and your family.may your wife rest in peace.

On your diagnosis,this may sound very random, my friend had skin cancer, he is 68, and was told similar about treatment, however he wasnt prepared to just let it "fester" as he called it, and after much research, decided to give canabis oil a try, much to his amazement, after 7 months, it had almost completely gone! Shrinking to almost nothing!! Now I know most would scoff at the thought, and it has to be sourced under the arm, as getting it on medical grounds here is almost impossible!! But he swears it has had a massive effect on his lesion, plus he said he actually felt great! He did not injest or smoke the oil, but used it as a topical ointment. Just something you may consider, if you went happy about just leaving things.All the best to you.

Thank you for your suggestion but they said it is in a very mild form at the moment, under my arms a a bit on my forehead, if it does get worse I might do as you has suggested and use it as ointment. if it came to that would your friend be able to tell me where he was able to source it

Thank you
rontom

Postby rontom » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:14 pm

Yesterday was my wife funeral and she has at last been laid to rest, it also gave me the opportunity to say thank you to the people who donated to the charity in her memory SANDS, there were only two people on the list of donors that I could not identify, the names being Ridley Davies and James Smith, if you are a member of this site could you please PM me so that I can thank you personally. the total up to now has reached £665 which I am over the moon with.

Thank you
rontom

Return to General Chat