Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stick with the youth

Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:26 pm

Evans, colwill and Davies the last week have looked the best players.

Though Evans was really good and colwill against qpr and Davies done really well coming into the game today.

I hope whoever the new manager is he gives them a chance

Re: Stick with the youth

Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:30 pm

As long as its all done in a balanced way.

Bringing in too many into the team could just be a bit too much. We need to find a balance.

Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:44 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:As long as its all done in a balanced way.

Bringing in too many into the team could just be a bit too much. We need to find a balance.

Can’t be any worse than what we’ve been doing

Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:10 pm

Someone said yes but not at the same time...I wonder if Fergie did the same at Man Utd

Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:28 pm

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:30 pm

As long as its all done in a balanced way.

Totally agree. The last thing we would want would be some of the fans starting to have a go at any of the youngsters because we don't have a good balance to the team.

Bringing in too many at once could not only affect the team but also the youngsters' confidence.

Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:45 am

We win one game in 11 and suddenly it all 'The youth'.

They are not good enough, the hype has been built by some at the club, but the reason they play is because we have nobody else and they are cheap.

Look back over my posts, Ive said regularly, the only one who might make it was Isaac Davies. Yesterday for the winner he absolutely skinned his marker. Something not seen all season. I enjoyed that more than the goal.

Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:44 am

Barclay1 wrote:We win one game in 11 and suddenly it all 'The youth'.

They are not good enough, the hype has been built by some at the club, but the reason they play is because we have nobody else and they are cheap.

Look back over my posts, Ive said regularly, the only one who might make it was Isaac Davies. Yesterday for the winner he absolutely skinned his marker. Something not seen all season. I enjoyed that more than the goal.

Aye. I have watched a number of the U23 games over the last couple of seasons because of the hype they have been getting. For me the only one that has deserved it is Davies. He is head and shoulders above the others and that includes Colwill.

Yesterday we only had 2 of the youth on the pitch at any time. We got the win but we were lucky. Let's not get carried away with this subject, we need to drip feed not turn the tap on fully.

Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:45 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

Can’t be any worse than what we’ve been doing

Are you saying this before or after MM departure?

Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:31 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Aye. I have watched a number of the U23 games over the last couple of seasons because of the hype they have been getting. For me the only one that has deserved it is Davies. He is head and shoulders above the others and that includes Colwill.

Yesterday we only had 2 of the youth on the pitch at any time. We got the win but we were lucky. Let's not get carried away with this subject, we need to drip feed not turn the tap on fully.

Agreed

Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:43 pm

[quote="Barclay1"]We win one game in 11 and suddenly it all 'The youth'.

[/quote so Morrison was lying too, when he is the one, that knows the youngsters better than anyone??

Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:43 pm

[quote="Barclay1"]We win one game in 11 and suddenly it all 'The youth'.

[/quote so Morrison was lying too, when he is the one, that knows the youngsters better than anyone??

Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:12 pm

Ian,

Absolutely agree :thumbright: :bluebird:

We have some great talent , but also a lot of them are not good enough.
Some will become excellent players but we can’t over five it with them.

Tan has demanded that 10 were put in this season and wants another 10 in for next season , that’s madness.

It’s just about cost cutting, not whether they are good enough.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:18 am

This is an important point. You need the right mix of hungry youth and wise old heads to make a solid team. In previous years we have not had enough youth but this is being corrected this season. If you can have a solid spine of experience which we have in Smithies, Flint/Moz, Ralls/Pack & Moore then the youth have the perfect guys to lean on and learn from.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:54 pm

Barclay1 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Agreed

Personally I think Davies, Colwill, McGuinness, have already shown they have something.

But I would also add Patton and, possibly, Zimba. Patton really interests me as he looks like the type of central midfield player we've been missing for a long a time and we are weak in that position.

I'm not sure about Harris, Bowen or Bagen but I hope they prove me wrong.

I would agree that we have to be careful and I think Morison said that. He was worried about having too many youngsters in a team that was struggling, let's hope we're not struggling for long.

But for some of them the time is now right for them to be playing regularly. So I'd certainly be picking Colwill and Isaak Davies for a few consecutive games and just see how they cope. We'd know a lot more about them after that.