Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Eddie Howe

Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:17 pm

Newcastle United are in danger of seeing their deal to land Eddie Howe disintegrate.

The former Bournemouth boss has been set be confirmed as the Magpies’ new manager on a two and a half year deal.

Interim boss Graeme Jones is in line to take caretaker charge of the team for the third and final time at Brighton of his evening.

But Howe has failed to secure a deal for his back room staff to follow him to St James’s Park after 24 hours of negotiations.

Newcastle ’s owners are understood to be ready to stand their ground in negotiations, leaving Howe in the position of considering whether to press ahead in succeeding Steve Bruce.

Re: Eddie Howe

Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:21 pm

He’s at the Brighton game sat with Amanda Staveley.

Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:12 pm

Igovernor wrote:Newcastle United are in danger of seeing their deal to land Eddie Howe disintegrate.

The former Bournemouth boss has been set be confirmed as the Magpies’ new manager on a two and a half year deal.

Interim boss Graeme Jones is in line to take caretaker charge of the team for the third and final time at Brighton of his evening.

But Howe has failed to secure a deal for his back room staff to follow him to St James’s Park after 24 hours of negotiations.

Newcastle ’s owners are understood to be ready to stand their ground in negotiations, leaving Howe in the position of considering whether to press ahead in succeeding Steve Bruce.

Roger, they will take Howe because if they go down they think they will have a better chance of coming up with him?

They won’t spend a lot on players if they come down due to EFL rules being different to the PL, it may all change if Benitez leaves his job hmmm.

Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:18 pm

Over rated manager who thinks he is world class, he isnt :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:29 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Over rated manager who thinks he is world class, he isnt :ayatollah:

He'll get a nose bleed once his car crosses the M3 line... :lol:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:50 pm

Signed a deal until 2024. :thumbup:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:55 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Newcastle United are in danger of seeing their deal to land Eddie Howe disintegrate.

Roger, they will take Howe because if they go down they think they will have a better chance of coming up with him?

They won’t spend a lot on players if they come down due to EFL rules being different to the PL, it may all change if Benitez leaves his job hmmm.

Hi Karl, if in January it looks like they are going to get relegated they will probably buy all the playere they need then :lol:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:25 pm

Sometimes you get a gut feeling about certain managerial appointments. Mine tells me this is not going to end well.

Regardless of their now limitless pot, Newcastle is still something of a footballing outpost and will struggle to attract players of the calibre Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool have. They will no doubt improve in time but I can't see them dining at the top table any time soon.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:07 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:Sometimes you get a gut feeling about certain managerial appointments. Mine tells me this is not going to end well.

Regardless of their now limitless pot, Newcastle is still something of a footballing outpost and will struggle to attract players of the calibre Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool have. They will no doubt improve in time but I can't see them dining at the top table any time soon.

Agree .

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:34 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:Sometimes you get a gut feeling about certain managerial appointments. Mine tells me this is not going to end well.

His job is to keep them up and I think he'll do it. They'll sign some decent players in January. Not in the calibre of Neymar or Mbappe, but still decent players.

It's true that he didn't do well at Burnley but he's learnt a lot since then.

He'll probably go next season if they're not around the top half, but he'll be prepared for that.

I remember when Man City were taken over and many were saying that was destined for disaster, but haven't heard those predictions repeated in recent years.

I think some want Newcastle to fail but its not likely with the level of commitment and investment that they have. It's not just the playing squad they're investing in but also the stadium, training ground and the City.