Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: ‘ Ok the board are divided ‘

Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:18 am

UPDATED:

Steve Morison is now the bookies' favourite to take over at Cardiff City, despite Michael Flynn taking in Saturday's win over Huddersfield Town.

Morison is now 6/4 favourite to take the reins in the Welsh capital, having overseen his first win as interim boss at the weekend.

Steve Morison or Mike Flynn?

Before Saturday,Flynn virtually had the job, Hmmmmm?

Who would you chose and why?!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Ok the board are divided ‘

Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:19 am

Updated:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:35 am

We are a big club who need a big manager.surely we deserve better than the 2 favourites

Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:35 am

Steve all day for me, and we all get behind him.

The difference he's made in 14 days is unbelievable.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:42 am

Steve Morison deserves a chance. He also has the respect from his players. A new manager coming in from the lower leagues???

I will be very disappointed if this happens, but by the current standards set by the club, not surprised.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:51 am

Unfortunately it’s all down to Tan, not the board as such.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:54 am

Morison for me. I was keen on Morison having a longer go at it before these 3 games but even I didn’t think we would change quite so much in such a short time.

He isn’t perfect and will make mistakes but I like the way he’s trying to play and I’m also impressed with how he speaks off the field.

It may end in tears but that could happen with whoever we appoint even if they are established names.

At some point if we want the club to progress and develop an identity we will have to take a risk so why not now with Morison ?

Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:58 am

If it's between those two then Morison all the way. If it goes wrong we can always chuck Warnock back in March-time to save us but I think SM will do absolutely fine. We have a good team and all we need to do this season is move away from the relegation battle.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:02 am

Morrison 100%. He knows the club, he knows the players (especially the young ones) and he's trying to play proper football. :bluescarf:

Why take a risk on a Newport reject? :?

Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:42 am

If it is out of these two I’d definately give Morisson a chance. Wernt expecting to be winning every game straight away under a new manager but can see in games a difference already. Actually enjoyed watching Saturday first time in ages.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:44 am

Morison for me, but on a temporary basis as it's a gamble, in three games he has done an amazing job, but that's coaching a team to play, how will he do with recruitment and all the other important parts of management, it's all come a bit sooner than he had planned and he's still progressing.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:54 am

Steve Morison is now the bookies' favourite to take over at Cardiff City, despite Michael Flynn taking in Saturday's win over Huddersfield Town.

Morison is now 6/4 favourite to take the reins in the Welsh capital, having overseen his first win as interim boss at the weekend.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:01 am

Steve Morison, but on an extended period

- if all goes well issue a contract but if not then his job with the under 23 team is still there for him.

His first major task would be to get the Board to agree to adjust the squad to get a more balanced midfield.

Re: Updated: ‘ Ok the board are divided ‘

Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:21 am

If we don't appoint Morison now then someone else will

Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:55 am

We understand there Is no money available in January, IMO we need a coach who has experience with u23s because that is where we have depth. Steve Morison has turned around that squad of players this season's results prove it. He I now getting the first team to play the same way. He would be my choice or the assistant at Rangers who has good contacts for quality loans.

What is needed is an attacking format that is the way to proceed in the Championship.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:05 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Unfortunately it’s all down to Tan, not the board as such.

You're not wrong, Paul :(

However, VT has an opportunity to show some empathy with the club's support and (maybe) listen to his fellow (so called) 'Committee' members

I said elsewhere, this would not only appease (most) supporters but also have a positive financial impact, as Steve Morison is already on the books and could be somewhat 'controlled' regarding the length of contract and remuneration, i.e. given incentives to continue his good work to date (not that I think he would need them) with the dangling carrots of a longer 'fixed' contract and increased pay

If it fails, he can go back to his original job...

It's rare any club has the comfort of 'options' on their sitting manager, so as Del Boy would say, "Go on, my son, you know it makes sense..."

Luvly, jublee...! :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:13 am

The players want Morison. The fans want Morison. Cardiff City FC is proud to announce Mike lap dog Flynn as our new manager. You watch....

Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:30 am

Has be Steve morison come on city make the announcement

Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:41 am

Don't want the Newport guy.
We have no money to pay for a so called name(out of work journeyman)
Morison will be a massive gamble especially being in a relegation dogfight but maybe is the only option at the moment.
We probably need to win 10/11 more games to stay up and see where we are in the summer.
How have we gone from beating Manchester City and Manchester United in such a short space of time to this.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:44 am

I don’t think either are right at this stage.

Flynn - frankly we don’t need another manager that the fans can’t back from day 1. I think he has done well at Newport, but looks like there are other issues at play which have to be taken into account.

Morrison - it’s a HUGE leap to go from U23 to trying to stop a team being relegated. Of course he knows the players at that level, but that can’t be his only attribute. For example, how does he dig the players out of bad spell, tactically can he change it up when needed, can he stop us leaking goals, does he have enough contact in the game, how good is he at recruitment, can he manage up.

He has done a great job in adapting the style so quickly and he has got a win on the board. But looking at these games without emotion, Stoke and Huddersfield could easily have gone another way.

Personally I think it is wrong for his own development to take on this role but if he is to be given it then he absolutely must have someone that can manage the board alongside him or above him.

My head still points to Beale as he has clearly got a strong track record in developing players across different clubs, seems to be recognised as tactically very very strong and will have contacts across some decent clubs to help us attract players on loan or even to sign for us. He lacks the management experience but he clearly had a pedigree.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:45 am

Morison definitely.
Doing very well, all things considered.
Knows the youth players - who’s ready and who’s not.
Will / has introduced a style of play that should be easier for the young players coming into the team to adapt to.

Hate to say this but, it’s an appointment that will be easier to terminate if things go wrong. Give him til Xmas / end of year in first instance.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:05 am

The big advantage of Morison is we can give him the job till Christmas and if he is a successful till the end of the season. We are not commiting ourselves to anything that would cost us a lot of money if it goes wrong like with McCarthy.

Can see there being a problem if by the first of Jan he has only done moderately well and we are say only one point above the relegation zone.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:02 pm

Crayfish wrote:The big advantage of Morison is we can give him the job till Christmas and if he is a successful till the end of the season. We are not commiting ourselves to anything that would cost us a lot of money if it goes wrong like with McCarthy.

Can see there being a problem if by the first of Jan he has only done moderately well and we are say only one point above the relegation zone.

Don't you mean 3 points above the relegation zone :laughing6: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:04 pm

Not sure why Steve Morison wouldn’t be the obvious option for the board / Committee.

Cheaper option, wanted by fans and clearly players, will push the academy while also pushing a attacking brand of football.

Our Club needs Stability and bringing coaches like Steve Morison through is better than an outsider once again.

At this very moment Morison is def not a yes man and puts his own stamp on the team etc etc that for me is very important :bluebird:

Some good options out there but think this makes the most sense.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Not sure why Steve Morison wouldn’t be the obvious option for the board / Committee.

Cheaper option, wanted by fans and clearly players, will push the academy while also pushing a attacking brand of football.

Our Club needs Stability and bringing coaches like Steve Morison through is better than an outsider once again.

At this very moment Morison is def not a yes man and puts his own stamp on the team etc etc that for me is very important :bluebird:

I argee :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:11 pm

stickywicket wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Not sure why Steve Morison wouldn’t be the obvious option for the board / Committee.

I argee :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

:thumbright: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:12 pm

It’s a damn sight cheaper to replace an u23 manager than tbr first team. Give the guy a chance he’s clearly popular with the players who want to play for him.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:24 pm

Based on the information coming from the club, if they are torn between an experienced manager to guide us to safety or a more risky option in a more modern manager to move us forward, then why is flynn even being discussed? He is neither experienced at this level nor is he known for playing that type of football. Newports pitch is terrible for large parts of their season!

Morison knows the club and players, the players want him, if the club want cheap then he's literally the cheapest option as he's already on the books, he has installed a better passing game in the space of 2 weeks, if we want to promote youth then who better than the guy who turned our u23s performances around. Literally the best opportunity for the youngsters to step up to the first team.

Id give it to morison until Christmas and then reassess, if we are doing well then give him until the end of the season, if not, he returns to his role in the u23s. And then do the same at end of the season.

Cant fault what morison has done for the u23s and during the last 3 games. It might be a case of struggling to keep him at the club soon....

Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:07 pm

Maybe both of them working together?

Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:26 pm

Morrison till xmas then see where we are
with a chance if its gone t.ts up in january to recruit new man with players also.
Although he is not costing anymore because he's already been paid he may loose rhe plot but pesonally i can only see good things coming with morrison in charge with what we have
Only worry is contacts perhaps.