Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS MORISON THE KEY TO MURPHY

Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:16 pm

for the 3 or 4 years that Josh Murphy has been with City, Warnock, Harris and McCarthy have all operated with a long ball tactic in which time Josh Murphy has never really performed for any of them. Maybe with Morison to come in can we finally start to get a tune out of our £10M winger with us trying to play a bit of football ( Giles on one flank, Murphy on the other, Keiffer would think he was Playing for Wales all the Time!!!!!) . Get Josh Back from Preston in January to play in this system. And while we are at it get the boy Wintle back from Blackpool :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: IS MORISON THE KEY TO MURPHY

Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:32 pm

WHISTLER

Good shout
the thought went through my head also about murphy i would bring back asap.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:36 pm

montyblue wrote:WHISTLER

Good shout
the thought went through my head also about murphy i would bring back asap.

MR TAN: low cost options all round - Food for thought :old:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:49 pm

What makes anyone think that Murphy will be any different under Morison ? He's clever but not a miracle worker :roll: :lol:

He went to Preston saying “It’s going to be a completely different style to what I’ve been used to at Cardiff, but hopefully it will suit me down to the ground and hopefully I can hit the ground running and we have a good season.”

He now can't get in the Preston first team. He's played in 7 games for a total of 70 minutes :shock: Maybe another manager who doesn't understand him :roll: :banghead:

If he comes back we have to pay his full £20k+ per week. Do you really think he's worth that ? If you do then I beg to differ !!

Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:09 pm

Whistler wrote:for the 3 or 4 years that Josh Murphy has been with City, Warnock, Harris and McCarthy have all operated with a long ball tactic in which time Josh Murphy has never really performed for any of them. Maybe with Morison to come in can we finally start to get a tune out of our £10M winger with us trying to play a bit of football ( Giles on one flank, Murphy on the other, Keiffer would think he was Playing for Wales all the Time!!!!!) . Get Josh Back from Preston in January to play in this system. And while we are at it get the boy Wintle back from Blackpool :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He was in McCarthy's opening team with the 7 or 8 game winning run, good player when his heads right, I think you are right, Morison might be able to get him playing good shout. :thumbup:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Just have a look at his stats at Preston and tell me exactly why you think Murphy is any better than Isaak Davies, Colwill, etc.

I'll leave it here:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josh-mu ... ler/199528

Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:47 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Just have a look at his stats at Preston and tell me exactly why you think Murphy is any better than Isaak Davies, Colwill, etc.

I'll leave it here:

Its a case of beefing up the Squad, it is far too weak at present, I am all for giving the lads a chance however we cannot just have kids, real competion for a starting place leads to players pushing on and raising standards all round :occasion5:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:56 pm

One thing Murphy has which we're lacking is pace.
I'd definitely bring him and Wintle back as soon as we can.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:58 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Just have a look at his stats at Preston and tell me exactly why you think Murphy is any better than Isaak Davies, Colwill, etc.

I'll leave it here:

'Not in squad'

He's been injured. Still is I believe.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:59 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:

I'll leave it here:

'Not in squad'

He is likely to be back fit sometime in December :bluebird:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:13 pm

Whistler wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

I'll leave it here:

'Not in squad'

He is likely to be back fit sometime in December :bluebird:

Oh great, so we'll pay him full wage for sitting in the treatment room !!

What about the overall appearance record of 70 minutes in 7 games ? Or the record of no goals, no assists and not even a shot on goal in those games, or even the successful pass completion rate of 50% which makes Nelson's distribution look like Messi :laughing5:

Not exactly pulling up trees is he :roll: :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:21 pm

I think preston can send him back in jan if I've read right? And if they are allowed, I'm sure they will! So looks like we picking up his full wage from then anyway.

I'm not a fan of his,as for 10m he has done very little in his time here! But if he is to return to fitness back end of dec, then he wont be match fit for weeks after either!! So will most likely be out till feb!!
Looks like we are stuck with him for the rest of his contract, so may as well try and see if Morrisoncan get a tune out of him??.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:36 pm

bluesince62 wrote:I think preston can send him back in jan if I've read right? And if they are allowed, I'm sure they will! So looks like we picking up his full wage from then anyway.

I'm not a fan of his,as for 10m he has done very little in his time here! But if he is to return to fitness back end of dec, then he wont be match fit for weeks after either!! So will most likely be out till feb!!
Looks like we are stuck with him for the rest of his contract, so may as well try and see if Morrisoncan get a tune out of him??.

Now that's a different argument :thumbup:

If Preston have the opportunity they will certainly send him back and I can't see another team taking him on so we may as well see if Morison, or A N Other, can succeed where so many other managers have failed !!!!

Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:22 pm

We are supposed to be paying half his wages while he's onloan up at Preston so that tells me everything I need to know. The manager whoever that maybe probably won't have an option to get him back as it's anything at a low cost unless you've been hiding in Josef Fritzl basement for the last year or two we are cost cutting at all costs irrelevant of who we would like to play. Still it's an option but I can not see it in truth Why would the club let two natural wingers go out on loan without back up at all and sign players in the summer who should be playing only to loan them out at the 1st chance. Makes sence to me even if the manager wanted to play them it's above his head imo £££ :bluescarf:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:46 pm

When Murphy first came (under Malky I think) - he was great, one got less and less interested as the games went on and frankly looked dispirited most of the time.

With and Giles on either side - I could see that being of use - if Murphy has changed. If Morison gets the job - certainly worth bringing him back for haklf a season - see how he goes and then sell him - or keep - as long as he has changed.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:18 pm

There is a quality player in josh....the style under SM might just be his last hope and us to get some value of the 11m warnock agreed was good value...

Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:37 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:We are supposed to be paying half his wages while he's onloan up at Preston so that tells me everything I need to know. The manager whoever that maybe probably won't have an option to get him back as it's anything at a low cost unless you've been hiding in Josef Fritzl basement for the last year or two we are cost cutting at all costs irrelevant of who we would like to play. Still it's an option but I can not see it in truth Why would the club let two natural wingers go out on loan without back up at all and sign players in the summer who should be playing only to loan them out at the 1st chance. Makes sence to me even if the manager wanted to play them it's above his head imo £££ :bluescarf:

Your point is moot, as if preston want him sentback, then we have no choice in it,we will be stuck with hos full wage, like it or not!

Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:50 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:When Murphy first came (under Malky I think) - he was great, one got less and less interested as the games went on and frankly looked dispirited most of the time.

With and Giles on either side - I could see that being of use - if Murphy has changed. If Morison gets the job - certainly worth bringing him back for haklf a season - see how he goes and then sell him - or keep - as long as he has changed.

He was signed by Warnock when we got promoted. Scored a couple of goals but soon got sussed by opposing manager who just focussed on attacking his side every game. He left Bennett horribly exposed.

His nadir was Spurs at home when he just stood there watching, Warnock hooked him at halftime and he knew that Murphy was a liability from then on.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:06 pm

lol people still think Murphy is/can be a good player? Must be smoking spice

Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:37 am

Sounds very romantic. Unfortunately Murphy is shit. Not only has it not worked out under multiple managers at Cardiff but it isn't working out at Preston either. Time to admit he's one of our most overpriced failures and not the kind of player you want around in a relegation scrap.

I've been waiting 4 years to be proven wrong! I'd still be happy if I was!