Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Anyone who had Doubts “

Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:35 am

About Kieffer Moores Commitment and passion :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Kieffer Moore 2 Huddersfield 1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Under Steve Morison 3 games , 3 goals Kieffer Moore :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Vincent Tan / CCFC Committee you have not invested this season or last season, only stripped us of our players, DO NOT SELL THE CROWN JEWELS THIS JANUARY OR WE WILL GO DOWN.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Anyone who had Doubts “

Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:38 am

I personally think his head was turned around deadline day and I think he was getting fed up of the McCarthy way of playing tbh. He seems far more like the player we had last year now. Great to see :bluescarf:

Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:39 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I personally think his head was turned around deadline day and I think he was getting fed up of the McCarthy way of playing tbh. He seems far more like the player we had last year now. Great to see :bluescarf:

It was exactly those both things.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:56 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:I personally think his head was turned around deadline day and I think he was getting fed up of the McCarthy way of playing tbh. He seems far more like the player we had last year now. Great to see :bluescarf:

If I'm honest I had serious doubts, is attitude didn't seem the same to me, so I agree.

He has improved dramatically, I said in another post that I think Morison will be really good for him, not only toughening him up and teaching him a few tricks to bully defenders, but also by knowing what he needs and making sure the players are supplying him with good passes and crosses in the areas he needs to be in to score.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:22 am

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:24 am

Bluebina wrote:

If I'm honest I had serious doubts, is attitude didn't seem the same to me, so I agree.

He has improved dramatically, I said in another post that I think Morison will be really good for him, not only toughening him up and teaching him a few tricks to bully defenders, but also by knowing what he needs and making sure the players are supplying him with good passes and crosses in the areas he needs to be in to score.

Moore was actually told he was sold to Wolves.

City had sold Moore for £7mill, but when it came down to the final details , £3mill now, £2mill twice over next two years City pulled out demanding £7mill upfront as they then had to Wigan £3mill straight away.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:29 pm

I agree, we need to keep Moore until the end of the season.

That said, if the Premier come calling in January it's very likely that at 29 years of age he will want to go. Then we may be forced into a corner where we have to just get as good a deal as we can for him.

The other thing is the manager. If the new manager doesn't want to play with a big striker he may well want to use the sale to pay for a new squad moulded in a different style. I don't think that would be the right thing to do because I think Moore is good enough, at this level, to adapt but it's not out of the question.

I actually still don't think he's back to where he was last season. I think his busy summer with Wales, on top of COVID and having his head turned by Wolves has affected him.

Even on Saturday he was poor for 70 minutes but as soon as the goal went in he seemed to find another gear, so hopefully it was a style of play and confidence thing.

I want Moore to stay, but I don't think it's a forgone conclusion.