Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I think it says a lot about Cardiff City when you hear a man

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:19 pm

I think it says a lot about Cardiff City when you hear a manager like Chris Wilder talk about his appointment at Middlesbrough, a particular question from talkSPORT to him , why Middlesbrough?

You’ve spoken to a few clubs recently. “ an ambitious well run club , with a great owner who’ll give me the backing and let me get on and manage the team “.

Pretty much everything Cardiff City are not currently. Someone like Chris wilder should easily be on our radar but it’s not an attractive option for him says it all and I’m led to believe he did turn us down because he didn’t fancy it.

Re: I think it says a lot about Cardiff City when you hear a

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:23 pm

it’s sad to read , but so true of the current regime of Our Great Club :cry: :cry:

And for me Middlesbrough are a much smaller club than us.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:27 pm

Pity you cannot forward messages direct to mr tan

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:30 pm

I wonder if this was a little dig by Wilder at us?

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:37 pm

montyblue wrote:Pity you cannot forward messages direct to mr tan

I promise you Dalman and Choo read this forum on daily basics.

They brought it up at the last meeting with the fans two weeks ago.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:58 pm

Well we should not be surprised.

Its very clear to everyone that they want to cut the operating costs. We are not going to attract the top managers while doing that. For me we are going to get that manager that wants to use us as a stop pit to build up their own reputations hence why I think we will end up with Flynn.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:it’s sad to read , but so true of the current regime of Our Great Club :cry: :cry:

A much smaller club that has spent over 60 seasons in the top flight. Really ?

Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:25 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:it’s sad to read , but so true of the current regime of Our Great Club :cry: :cry:

Crowd potential.they are not Sunderland or Newcastle.

They have a great owner Steve Gibson :thumbright:

I stand by this we are a much bigger club than them, they over achieve , we under achie.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:41 pm

Ninian27 wrote:I think it says a lot about Cardiff City when you hear a manager like Chris Wilder talk about his appointment at Middlesbrough, a particular question from talkSPORT to him , why Middlesbrough?

You’ve spoken to a few clubs recently. “ an ambitious well run club , with a great owner who’ll give me the backing and let me get on and manage the team “.

Pretty much everything Cardiff City are not currently. Someone like Chris wilder should easily be on our radar but it’s not an attractive option for him says it all and I’m led to believe he did turn us down because he didn’t fancy it.

There were lots of reasons Chris Wilder wouldn't want the Cardiff City job; not all anti-Cardiff, anti-Tan or anti-anything some might want to choose to believe

He is a Yorkshireman, Middlesbrough are local to him and they are in no worse a position than us, so him accepting that job over ours makes some sense

As I said, it's not always about one thing or person

Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:23 pm

I don't know about what it says about Cardiff, but it says a lot about a Club that has obviously agreed for a new manager before they even issue the P45 to their existing manager. Its not as if they are down the bottom of the league, It does have a certain smell about it. a bigger Club ? or a more devious chairman?

Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:00 pm

by Forever Blue » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:25 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
it’s sad to read , but so true of the current regime of Our Great Club :cry: :cry:

I stand by this we are a much bigger club than them, they over achieve , we under achie.

Got to agree.

Sadly in the last few years, while more financial investment has been there, the way it's been handled has been awful.

I've no idea who has made so many hideous decisions, but for me the sooner we get a Director of Football the better.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:43 pm

Scoularite wrote:
by Forever Blue » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:25 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Got to agree.

Sadly in the last few years, while more financial investment has been there, the way it's been handled has been awful.

I've no idea who has made so many hideous decisions, but for me the sooner we get a Director of Football the better.

Sorry but 60 yrs in the top flight. Pisses over our achievements on that score!! So they have over achieved for 60+ years?? Bit of a stretch.
I think on fan base terms, if we were both in prem, would be very similar in all honesty, no way are we a much bigger club than them imho.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:57 pm

Middlesbrough itself has a population of 140,000; Newports is 137,000. Its like a lot of northern TOWNS, Burnley, Preston, Blackburn, that really shouldn't compete with Cardiff but do have history, and no rugby. If your pitching to a new recruit Cardiff should be a much easier sell if we didn't have a lunatic owner and tweedle dum and twiddle dee involved let alone forming a transfer committee.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:29 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Middlesbrough itself has a population of 140,000; Newports is 137,000. Its like a lot of northern TOWNS, Burnley, Preston, Blackburn, that really shouldn't compete with Cardiff but do have history, and no rugby. If your pitching to a new recruit Cardiff should be a much easier sell if we didn't have a lunatic owner and tweedle dum and twiddle dee involved let alone forming a transfer committee.

Spot on :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:59 am

Ok tan has been here what 11 yrs? So how come we were no better off before that?? They have 60+ years in the top flight, what do emwe have?? Nowhere near. So are they over achieving, or have we been under achieving for all these years? According to some, sam hammam was the best thing since sliced bread, we played the best football under him, had a squad full of "quality" players etc, but we didnt spend one season in the top flight under him, yet with tan, we have been there twice, it it what it is, we have potential to be a bigger club, but we have failed in achieving that potential, under umpteen owners, at least with the current "regime"( I hate that description of our owner) we have got there.(1st time not how we all envisaged, in red!)but we failed to kick on, for more reasons than it being the owners fault imho.the spending by previous managers, has put us in this position also, spending large amounts on the players they wanted,even though they werent what we needed, or a manager thought they could spend 8m on a development player, 5.5m on a striker, who the manager thought could he could turn into something he wasnt, 6m for a striker that failed to score! Reid 10m Murphy 11m, and more!! Let's at least be honest when having a pop, not all VT's fault, when managers are just as complicit.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:00 pm

And no doubt higher wages, these f*cking managers have no loyalty to the club at all, only the supporters have that :banghead: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Never trust a Northerner.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:38 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:And no doubt higher wages, these f*cking managers have no loyalty to the club at all, only the supporters have that :banghead: :bluebird:

Some supporters, fella; some supporters... ;) :cry:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:55 am

Sven wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:And no doubt higher wages, these f*cking managers have no loyalty to the club at all, only the supporters have that :banghead: :bluebird:

Some supporters, fella; some supporters... ;) :cry:

I wouldn't know the full balance but I would hazard a guess that the majority of our supporters are loyal to the club particularly when we play like we did under MM, Slade, Trollope et al, yes have a moan but the majority of the moan is out of love for our club and frustration I suppose. :bluebird:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:04 am

Whistler wrote:I don't know about what it says about Cardiff, but it says a lot about a Club that has obviously agreed for a new manager before they even issue the P45 to their existing manager. Its not as if they are down the bottom of the league, It does have a certain smell about it. a bigger Club ? or a more devious chairman?

Agree with you on that and you could also says something about the new manager as well.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:16 am

bluesince62 wrote:Ok tan has been here what 11 yrs? So how come we were no better off before that?? They have 60+ years in the top flight, what do emwe have?? Nowhere near. So are they over achieving, or have we been under achieving for all these years? According to some, sam hammam was the best thing since sliced bread, we played the best football under him, had a squad full of "quality" players etc, but we didnt spend one season in the top flight under him, yet with tan, we have been there twice, it it what it is, we have potential to be a bigger club, but we have failed in achieving that potential, under umpteen owners, at least with the current "regime"( I hate that description of our owner) we have got there.(1st time not how we all envisaged, in red!)but we failed to kick on, for more reasons than it being the owners fault imho.the spending by previous managers, has put us in this position also, spending large amounts on the players they wanted,even though they werent what we needed, or a manager thought they could spend 8m on a development player, 5.5m on a striker, who the manager thought could he could turn into something he wasnt, 6m for a striker that failed to score! Reid 10m Murphy 11m, and more!! Let's at least be honest when having a pop, not all VT's fault, when managers are just as complicit.

The single biggest factor in us getting to the PL the first time was the January signing of Frazer Campbell. Whether that was Tans money, recruitment being easier because of where we were in the table or a bit of luck, or all three can be debated but Campbells goals second half of the season made all the difference. Our recruitment has been abject since but an analysis of our January recruitment I think we show even more abjectness

Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:55 pm

Usual club bashers at it again I see, wasn't going to bother but here goes....
Why blame the club ( I refuse to use the childish' regime' tag ) when it's obvious that Wilder was just talking to clubs to cover the fact he didn't want to look like a back stabbing tosser after jumping into Warnock's job before he had chance to clear his desk !!!
Managers are no different to players, they all have agents leaking news that so and so are talking to so and so, just to look the part and get a club to panic ( as we did with MM ) Celtic interested , aye right!!

Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:49 pm

JulesK wrote:Usual club bashers at it again I see, wasn't going to bother but here goes....
Why blame the club ( I refuse to use the childish' regime' tag ) when it's obvious that Wilder was just talking to clubs to cover the fact he didn't want to look like a back stabbing tosser after jumping into Warnock's job before he had chance to clear his desk !!!
Managers are no different to players, they all have agents leaking news that so and so are talking to so and so, just to look the part and get a club to panic ( as we did with MM ) Celtic interested , aye right!!

Have to agree with you on the "regime" bit, grinds my gears Inc I'm honest, but it's only a select few, that use the terminology, when referring to our owner and board, that and the use of "dictator" when referring to Vincent Tan, like he is Erdogan of turkey or of that ilk!! I agree, childish, and blatantly obvious digs whenever something happens, no matter how small, they use those disparaging words.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:33 am

bluesince62 wrote:
JulesK wrote:Usual club bashers at it again I see, wasn't going to bother but here goes....

Have to agree with you on the "regime" bit, grinds my gears Inc I'm honest, but it's only a select few, that use the terminology, when referring to our owner and board, that and the use of "dictator" when referring to Vincent Tan, like he is Erdogan of turkey or of that ilk!! I agree, childish, and blatantly obvious digs whenever something happens, no matter how small, they use those disparaging words.

You have your views and others like me have ours.

But the facts back ours.

It is the Regime / Committee many of us are fed up off And their NO Digs at Our Club WE LOVE & CONTINUE TO SUPPORT NO
MATTER WHAT :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

All that has gone wrong and where we are today is down to them as they run our club.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

But the facts back ours.

It is the Regime / Committee many of us are fed up off And their NO Digs at Our Club WE LOVE & CONTINUE TO SUPPORT NO

All that has gone wrong and where we are today is down to them as they run our club.

Who else is there to replace them though?

Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

But the facts back ours.

Annis, I'm in no way saying people arent entitled to their opinion,as the board would be boring if we all agreed on everything??

I was stating mine, as any other poster, but you really cannot say that a lot of posts, By the regular posters, are not digs, because some are so obvious its unreal, I still dont like the terminology used like dictator, regime, like we are in a communist country, or worse! I think it is too strong!
And nobody is doubting loyalty, especially through the last 2 yrs,I think our managers.who also form part of the committee. Are just as culpable as them, convincing them they know a player and hos worth, when in truth they didnt??