Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NEW MANAGER

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:39 am

JJBlueDraggon wrote:
Igovernor wrote:A deal has been done for our new incoming manager. Whether the word incoming means anything , i don't know, but that is word for word what i have been told. Not been told the name though :old:
Will be announced soon!

So it apparently won't be Flynn and it's a manager incoming (which means it won't be Morison).

The fact that it's being kept such a close secret points to that it could be Rob Page. The motive for things being kept secret being not wanting to disrupt the Wales camp this week.

Rob Page was a mangerial target for cardiff in the past under Tan. He would also be an attractive option, as he's been an academy manager at Port Vale in the past, Whilst managing the Wales under 17s, under 19s and under 21s.

Even now with the Wales senior team, its a young squad, so Page is someone who is use to and experienced in working with youthful teams.

From what I've heard is that he's a very popular manager with the players and easy to get along with, he wouldn't be a disruptive character like a Michael Flynn would be etc...

Rob Page ticks all the boxes for the committee, although I would hope we went for Morison or Beale.

The more I read about Beale, the more I am convinced he is the man we should be after. Was reading a BBC article from March earlier and his background is incredible, the joy that the players get from hi sessions is clear and the respect that others in the game hold him (especially given how young he is), suggests players would buy into him and quickly.

If it was him, it would be a real coup.

If it is Page, maybe he can bring Bale and Ramsey with him :lol:

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:47 am

JJBlueDraggon wrote:
Igovernor wrote:A deal has been done for our new incoming manager. Whether the word incoming means anything , i don't know, but that is word for word what i have been told. Not been told the name though :old:
Will be announced soon!

So it apparently won't be Flynn and it's a manager incoming (which means it won't be Morison).

The fact that it's being kept such a close secret points to that it could be Rob Page. The motive for things being kept secret being not wanting to disrupt the Wales camp this week.

Rob Page was a mangerial target for cardiff in the past under Tan. He would also be an attractive option, as he's been an academy manager at Port Vale in the past, Whilst managing the Wales under 17s, under 19s and under 21s.

Even now with the Wales senior team, its a young squad, so Page is someone who is use to and experienced in working with youthful teams.

From what I've heard is that he's a very popular manager with the players and easy to get along with, he wouldn't be a disruptive character like a Michael Flynn would be etc...

Rob Page ticks all the boxes for the committee, although I would hope we went for Morison or Beale.

Only one downfall, he's f*cking shite.

Giggs

Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:45 am

I have a horrible feeling it will be Giggs

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:59 am

If its page i have found him a very defensive manager
Not 5 at the back again.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:06 am

I'd love it to be Beale, but with Gerrard the preferred choice for Villa, I suspect he will be a key part of his back room staff, should Gerrard get that job. The managerial merry-go-round last weekend probably didn't do us any favours. I don't think there is any chance it will be Giggs, he's possibly off to an even less desirable place. Page would be nothing but OK but definitely better than Flynn. Who knows what is happening? The club are taking their time (or at least they appear to be). If Flynn is the man, it makes no sense why they didn't bring him on board 3 weeks ago, he's been on his job seekers since way before that.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:13 am

JJBlueDraggon wrote:
Will be announced soon!

What your saying makes sense though I was hoping for Morison too.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:18 am

montyblue wrote:If its page i have found him a very defensive manager
Not 5 at the back again.

To be fair to Page, he hasn't always played 5 at the back, he's played a 4-2-3-1 through most of his career. But yeah he's played 5 at the back on occasions for Wales in games we should be pushing forward which has been frustrating to watch on occasions. I'm sure Page would say Knockout of the Euros and in a good position to qualify for the World Cup would be 'Job Done' on his behalf.

Another point I'd like to make is that formations are not defensive it's the manager's philosophy.

Wilder, Nathan Jones and Steve Morison all play 5 at the back but are attacking progressive coaches.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:25 am

JJBlueDraggon wrote:
montyblue wrote:If its page i have found him a very defensive manager
Not 5 at the back again.

To be fair to Page, he hasn't always played 5 at the back, he's played a 4-2-3-1 through most of his career. But yeah he's played 5 at the back on occasions for Wales in games we should be pushing forward which has been frustrating to watch on occasions. I'm sure Page would say Knockout of the Euros and in a good position to qualify for the World Cup would be 'Job Done' on his behalf.

Another point I'd like to make is that formations are not defensive it's the manager's philosophy.

Wilder, Nathan Jones and Steve Morison all play 5 at the back but are attacking progressive coaches.

I do agree that Page's managerial philosophy does appear at least to be leaning more defensive minded. I do have my doubts whether he could build on the progressive football foundations Steve Morison has been laying in the last couple of weeks. For me this could be a real shame.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:26 am

Definately a post for the hits. :lol: Sucked everyone right in.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:41 pm

Page would be worse than Flynn. Much worse.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:44 pm

I'm connecting dots but John Terry has hinted at management yesterday. Just seems a bit close when we are due to make an announcement

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:57 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:I'm connecting dots but John Terry has hinted at management yesterday. Just seems a bit close when we are due to make an announcement

There’s absolutely 0 chance he gets a managerial role when he’s just joined Twitter and is publicly calling people’s wives pigs

Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:02 pm

M4 Exile wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:I'm connecting dots but John Terry has hinted at management yesterday. Just seems a bit close when we are due to make an announcement

There’s absolutely 0 chance he gets a managerial role when he’s just joined Twitter and is publicly calling people’s wives pigs

He (Terry) could come on here; one or two who have stooped that low...! :shock: :oops: