Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEW MANAGER

Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:37 pm

A deal has been done for our new incoming manager. Whether the word incoming means anything , i don't know, but that is word for word what i have been told. Not been told the name though :old:
Will be announced soon!

Re: NEW MANAGER

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:01 pm

Igovernor wrote:A deal has been done for our new incoming manager. Whether the word incoming means anything , i don't know, but that is word for word what i have been told. Not been told the name though :old:
Will be announced soon!

I'll be massively surprised/relieved if it isn't Flynn. The most uninspiring choice who will have to win over the fans from day 1. So the Obvious choice for the board.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:17 pm

Warnock

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:23 pm

Abergavenny wrote:Warnock

Will always be grateful for what he did for us but no thanks

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:28 pm

Got a bad feeling it's Flynn.

Wouldn't be my choice but will support him if he is appointed.

But do think Morison was the better choice.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:29 pm

It wasnt Dai Hunt that told you was it ? - as that is the sort of thing he calls Radio Wales about

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:34 pm

ps It surely cant be Flynn (I'll give him all the support anyone else would)

But if it is - that is a massively backwards step - and will kill morale

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Got a bad feeling it's Flynn.

Wouldn't be my choice but will support him if he is appointed.

But do think Morison was the better choice.

Ned the word incoming seems to point to someone outside, but maybe not who knows

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:38 pm

Boro get wilder we get a failed league 2 manager
Why does tan insist on going against the fans wishes always and now the players to
What does dalhman and choo tell tan?

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:39 pm

Fans want morison, players want morison, so it would not suprise me in the slightest if the board decided to go with flynn, but as previously posted he would get our support but would kill the feel good factor we are currently in under morison

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:39 pm

[quote="montyblue"]Boro get wilder we get a failed league 2 manager
Why does tan insist on going against the fans wishes always and now the players to
What does dalhman and choo tell tan?[/quot.
No good guessing

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:50 pm

Lets hope its not Flynn or i really do fear for our championship status

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:53 pm

Well Howe has gone then , it ll have to be Flynn ,pity help us.
I just don't think the board will appoint Morrison

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:56 pm

If they appoint flyn we could then end up loosing morison also he may not go back to 23s he might want to chance his arm at management the board would have shot both feet

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:08 pm

montyblue wrote:If they appoint flyn we could then end up loosing morison also he may not go back to 23s he might want to chance his arm at management the board would have shot both feet

I said this in another thread. If he goes back to the u23s I dont think he'll be there long. Probably end up at a better academy or someone in league 1 or 2 might take a chance on him.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:08 pm

Tan will always go against the supporters we should have said we all want Flynn as Tan would have gone for some else lol

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:35 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Tan will always go against the supporters we should have said we all want Flynn as Tan would have gone for some else lol

Tan does not listen to supporters its his club and his money let's be honest who spends there own money of things then listens to others what they should do with whatever they bought unless it hurts them in the pocket then they may listen and we all know tan only does that.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:38 pm

Morison would be given time by the fans, it wont take much for them to turn on Flynn though.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:45 pm

Stop panicking it’s going to be Morison.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:51 pm

It’s not Flynn :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:It’s not Flynn :thumbright: :bluebird:

Hope you're right Annis.

I said in a previous thread that if we hadn't talked about Flynn on the message board, Tan would never had heard of him !

Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:08 pm

No not Flyn,hope you are correct Annis.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:18 pm

That's great news :thumbright:

Morison, Beale or Big Sam would be my choice. Sam not going to happen obviously.

Morison would be who I'd go for, with the realistic options.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:22 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Morison, Beale or Big Sam would be my choice. Sam not going to happen obviously.

Big Sam would be good

Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:25 pm

Your thinking or inside info Annis? :thumbup:

Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:36 pm

wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Big Sam would be good

We can't afford him unfortunately.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:00 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
montyblue wrote:If they appoint flyn we could then end up loosing morison also he may not go back to 23s he might want to chance his arm at management the board would have shot both feet

I said this in another thread. If he goes back to the u23s I dont think he'll be there long. Probably end up at a better academy or someone in league 1 or 2 might take a chance on him.

I see him leaving quite quickly if we get a new manager from outside. He’s already become popular with the players and fans, so will always be a threat in the back of a new managers’ head.

If it is Flynn who gets appointed, having read some personal accounts of the content of his character, I see him leaving the club pretty much immediately.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:55 pm

by Forever Blue » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:51 pm

It’s not Flynn :thumbright: :bluebird:

I really hope you're right.

When I read an earlier post saying that it was Flynn it felt as though the club was in a downward spiral.

Please be right.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:32 pm

I'm still hearing that; and this particular source has credibility :wave:

Thr actual 'who?' is a tightly kept secret (some credit to them) and it would be a major surprise to some close to the club if it were Mike Flynn appointed

Me? I just hope my particular source is as informed as ever or my insistence it won't be Mike Flynn will give certain individuals on here ammunition from the comfort of their own armchair(s) :(

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:24 am

Igovernor wrote:A deal has been done for our new incoming manager. Whether the word incoming means anything , i don't know, but that is word for word what i have been told. Not been told the name though :old:
Will be announced soon!

So it apparently won't be Flynn and it's a manager incoming (which means it won't be Morison).

The fact that it's being kept such a close secret points to that it could be Rob Page. The motive for things being kept secret being not wanting to disrupt the Wales camp this week.

Rob Page was a mangerial target for cardiff in the past under Tan. He would also be an attractive option, as he's been an academy manager at Port Vale in the past, Whilst managing the Wales under 17s, under 19s and under 21s.

Even now with the Wales senior team, its a young squad, so Page is someone who is use to and experienced in working with youthful teams.

From what I've heard is that he's a very popular manager with the players and easy to get along with, he wouldn't be a disruptive character like a Michael Flynn would be etc...

Rob Page ticks all the boxes for the committee, although I would hope we went for Morison or Beale.