Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Derby - Reading - Our lucky year ? :

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:40 pm

Derby - Reading - Our lucky year ? :

(1) Derby : I am amazed that Derby have appealed their 12 point deduction . I also can not understand why their appeal which was due to be heard has now been postponed.

To me the facts are clear - and I have been saying that for a long time- Derby should/will be deducted not just 12 points but ….. 21 points……….

(a) 12 for going into administration (b) 9 for breaking the FFP ( financial fair play ) rules. To me 21 points is fact …..but then I could be wrong. If I am right then this will be very very lucky for us.

(2) Reading : They have broken the FFP rules and like Derby they should lose 9 points ….. but because it is their first time …. I expect them to lose only 6 points with 3 suspended.

These last two points are not rocket science but simple factual logic. (3) Luck : We were very lucky to draw versus Stoke . Yes we fought gallantly but it was a miraculous 5 minutes that got us the point ….over 90 minutes ….lucky. As for Huddersfield everyone knows that we were extremely lucky ….we could have lost by a big margin.

The reason I am raising these 3 points because I believe that our luck might be turning . Under normal circumstances and considering our team as well as the turbulent financial period we are passing through with Tan unable or unwilling to spend anymore ….

I thought that relegation was real ….. however with our new found luck ……

will we escape the dreaded drop ? Hmm……
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Derby - Reading - Our lucky year ? :

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:46 pm

Our luck unfortunatly won' t last long the fans and players manager will not be appointed and can guess whats coming.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:47 pm

I think the Derby appeal has been withdrawn not postponed.

Something about them thinking it may assist them with the FFP potential points deduction.

Probably think the appeal will rub the governing body up the wrong way and make the second deduction worse.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:14 pm

Just another 22 clubs to go and we're up .

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:02 am

" We Are Staying Up ...We Are Staying Up ... " :bluebird:

Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:20 am

We will definitely finish above Hull, Barnsley and Peterboro anyway and a few others too that will freefall down the table :bluescarf:

Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:35 am

I think we’ll be ok due the other teams having points deduction but only just. Next season we will struggle unless investment in players

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:44 pm

I think we will stay up, even without any further points deductions.

Don't forget that until Saturday we went ten games without winning and were still not in the bottom three at any point.

We won't go on a run like that again this season I don't think if we appoint Morison.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:50 pm

Even if Reading are deducted 6 points they would still be above us. Don't think we'll go down anyway but you never know & for those of us who are a certain age it wouldn't be the first time. :old: :old: :old:

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:56 pm

80 odd points to play for yet, even Hull could get to play-offs...KEEP THE FAITH :bluebird:

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:26 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:80 odd points to play for yet, even Hull could get to play-offs...KEEP THE FAITH :bluebird:

Exactamondo!! Only 12 points off playoffs presently.

C'mon City Onwards and upwards!!

Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:31 pm

Moan about the owners and committee as much as you like ( and I know you will!), at least they haven't got us into the mess such has happened at Derby, Reading and Sheffield Wednesday.