Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why is the CEO of the NHS blatantly lying to us?

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:17 am

Whatever your stance on this divisive topic, fake news and lies will help no one. Feel scared, very scared......because if the CEO of the NHS (Amanda Pritchard) is blatantly lying to you.....who else is doing the same?

Please wake up, it's not rocket science......actually the science, including basic arithmetic, has been taken out of the equation. Make your own minds up people. :bluebird:

Link below for those who are not fearful of the truth.....and I dare any one of you to make a case that she was referring to August! :bluebird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJvbGhKbZ9U

Re: Why is the CEO of the NHS blatantly lying to us?

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:23 am

I have read your posts around your stance on not taking the vaccine and whilst I respect that it is your choice, I cannot agree with your position on this matter. Irrespective of your personal position the whole world has suffered with Covid and the key to getting all our lives back to normal is preventing the spread of Covid and lessening the impact on the most vulnerable within our society. In my book we all have a responsibility to our fellow mankind to help stop the spread of this infection, the impacts of fighting this situation will be felt for years to come, I just pray that i stay healthy over the next 5 or 6 years until the NHS can get back to a stable setting to be able to provide the health care we all need. :old:

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:36 am

Yet another anti-vaxer arse hole.Sure she quoted the wrong figures but that doesn't mean its a big coverup. Still more power to the special needs arse holes that are terrorizing school kids as they go to school.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:33 am

Ive had Covid. Was really rough.
Taken about 5 weeks to get over it.
And still low energy compared to before it.
Im glad i had my two jabs.

My mate had it pre jabs and is still rough, 1 YEAR on.... Tries to work and goes to bed every weekend. His life has gone..... Do what you want but dont preach bullshit. Your shite affects lives.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:52 am

I heard Thehangedman just got back from Dallas after meeting JFK Jnr, Robin Williams and Michael Jackson

Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:01 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Yet another anti-vaxer arse hole.Sure she quoted the wrong figures but that doesn't mean its a big coverup. Still more power to the special needs arse holes that are terrorizing school kids as they go to school.

She quoted figures two months out of date and claimed they were the latest figures when there were right up to date figures available for this week. It is a disgrace and the fact people want to make excuses for her but are happy to slam TheHangedMan for his considered belief is depressing.

I believe it is obvious why it was said. They wanted to boost public support for mandatory NHS jabs, a policy which, on top of the lockdown backlog and chronic mismanagement, will likely finish off public health in this country for good and begin to descent to private healthcare for all and huge windfalls for Tory donors and NHS figureheads with fingers in the private pies.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:04 am

FYI - I told you all so re covid passes - already extending it to theatres and cinemas and soon to be pubs and restaurants too. I said they would go further and further and soon any of you who don't want a booster will be considered 'unvaccinated' and they will open up the scheme to control other areas of peoples lives.

This is despite NO evidence they have made any positive impact. The only UK country without the passes is England and they are doing the best out of the 4 currently with many of the european covid pass countries heading towards record levels of covid.

You can call it a conspiracy theory, like last month I am simply giving away spoilers.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:12 am

mjw6150 wrote:FYI - I told you all so re covid passes - already extending it to theatres and cinemas and soon to be pubs and restaurants too. I said they would go further and further and soon any of you who don't want a booster will be considered 'unvaccinated' and they will open up the scheme to control other areas of peoples lives.

This is despite NO evidence they have made any positive impact. The only UK country without the passes is England and they are doing the best out of the 4 currently with many of the european covid pass countries heading towards record levels of covid.

You can call it a conspiracy theory, like last month I am simply giving away spoilers.

My first boss used to tell me, don't moan about issues like this because 50% wont care if you can go to the pub or not and 50% will be glad you can't!

Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:26 am

mjw6150 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Yet another anti-vaxer arse hole.Sure she quoted the wrong figures but that doesn't mean its a big coverup. Still more power to the special needs arse holes that are terrorizing school kids as they go to school.

She quoted figures two months out of date and claimed they were the latest figures when there were right up to date figures available for this week. It is a disgrace and the fact people want to make excuses for her but are happy to slam TheHangedMan for his considered belief is depressing.

I believe it is obvious why it was said. They wanted to boost public support for mandatory NHS jabs, a policy which, on top of the lockdown backlog and chronic mismanagement, will likely finish off public health in this country for good and begin to descent to private healthcare for all and huge windfalls for Tory donors and NHS figureheads with fingers in the private pies.

I think your entitled to your opinion as is he but I must point out that it wasn't personally directed at him but to the Utube idiot.I'm just glad "my old dad" isn't in the same care home as "his old dad"

Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:35 am

The stats don't apply to Wales and the CEO in the video doesn't represent the NHS in Wales as it is a devolved function

Equally the mandatory vaccination of social care workers and NHS workers doesn't apply in Wales

Is this the same programme that had a presenter claiming you could grow cement??

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:05 pm

Whether the figures are England/Wales or UK, the woman is lying. Who else in Govt/Health/corporate ranks?

Try this from Polly on the falsification of the vaccine trials (actually published in the British Medical Journal):

https://rumble.com/vox7q3-cover-up-of-s ... posed.html

I can predict with some accuracy those who will rubbish this, but it's well worth the watch/listen.

(Polly cites the references).

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:27 pm

There's a difference between a mistake and a lie.

I don't know which it is, because it can't be proved either way.

I respect others view, although I have had both doses of the vaccine, but it is very unhelpful to call the CEO of the NHS a liar when that can't be proved.

I don't like anyone being called a liar on either side of the argument, without evidence.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:31 pm

I watched the video with a Dan Wootton on GBNEWS.UK, a new channel where Nigel Farage runs the biggest show.

Dan Wootton appeared oblivious to the fact that covid is a worldwide problem and that every country around the world is having problems, and was suggesting that it is the media in the UK plus now the head of the NHS that are running some sort of fear campaign.

His headline related to the leader of the NHS, Amanda Pritchard making a truly crazy claim about the level of hospital admissions. As the figures are produced daily and then published throughout the British Media, her error said more about her than the validity of the figures. There was so much she could have said about the backlog of treatment with other medical problems that she really needs to think about what she says.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:38 pm

Scoularite wrote:I watched the video with a Dan Wootton on GBNEWS.UK, a new channel where Nigel Farage runs the biggest show.

Dan Wootton appeared oblivious to the fact that covid is a worldwide problem and that every country around the world is having problems, and was suggesting that it is the media in the UK plus now the head of the NHS that are running some sort of fear campaign.

His headline related to the leader of the NHS, Amanda Pritchard making a truly crazy claim about the level of hospital admissions. As the figures are produced daily and then published throughout the British Media, her error said more about her than the validity of the figures. There was so much she could have said about the backlog of treatment with other medical problems that she really needs to think about what she says.

Got no issue with people who have theories, each to their own.

But it has to be said that Dan Wootton is not the brightest. He constantly says things that just don't add up, after 60 seconds of investigation (at most).

Also not sure what qualifies him to have a show on that channel either.

For years he was a showbiz person for The Sun before he suddenly decided to get involved in politics, despite having low knowledge of politics.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:There's a difference between a mistake and a lie.

I respect others view, although I have had both doses of the vaccine, but it is very unhelpful to call the CEO of the NHS a liar when that can't be proved.

I don't like anyone being called a liar on either side of the argument, without evidence.

You may not like it but it's a lie.

Anyone in that position has the facts (well lets say their own statistics) and to state such a misleading thing is downright wrong and misleading and a lie.

This is critical stuff. We are not listening to a bloke in a pub or a girl in a wine-bar.

Called out elsewhere such as on the Guido Fawkes site with numbers and as HM referenced above.

Lies and twisted statistics are at the heart of this whole thing.

'There are lies, damned lies and statistics.'

Regarding Covid deaths:

What they actually say is deaths FOR ANY REASON within 28 days of a positive test.

And during March/April/May 2020 it was defined as a death FOR ANY REASON having had a positive test AT ANY TIME.

Can that be right?

Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:39 pm

eddiep wrote:Ive had Covid. Was really rough.

My mate had it pre jabs and is still rough, 1 YEAR on.... Tries to work and goes to bed every weekend. His life has gone..... Do what you want but dont preach bullshit. Your shite affects lives.

Yep I’d say if you are over 40 and haven’t had it you are a fool and might just get what your comeuppance. I know someone who wasn’t overweight and under 50 who died of it last Christmas. It can be random. All these buffoons saying the vax hasn’t been around for long enough? How do they know? It’s apparently been around for years and tested on animals then people like the drug company’s always do. Loads of my mates have done them in there 20’s, paid a grand for two weeks etc…there’s a few in South Wales.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:09 pm

goats wrote:

Yep I’d say if you are over 40 and haven’t had it you are a fool and might just get what your comeuppance. I know someone who wasn’t overweight and under 50 who died of it last Christmas. It can be random. All these buffoons saying the vax hasn’t been around for long enough? How do they know? It’s apparently been around for years and tested on animals then people like the drug company’s always do. Loads of my mates have done them in there 20’s, paid a grand for two weeks etc…there’s a few in South Wales.

In reply I would recommend you view/listen to the Polly video I posted above covering the falsification of the vaccine trial results exposed by the British Medical Journal.

Note also some vaccines are being withdrawn worldwide due to clear safety concerns.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:15 pm

Have I missed something here? I may not be the sharpest tool in the pack but there seems a reluctance from most posters to understand the reason for this thread!

I cannot believe that anybody who watched that video can defend the obvious and blatant lie of the Chief Executive Officer of NHS England.

Some have attacked me and thanks to the guys who have defended me........but it is not about me. It's about a person with huge responsibility who blatantly lied to the media, and subsequently the MSM ran the story without checking facts.

I do understand that people get entrenched into a position and thus find it difficult to get out of that fox hole. But facts are facts, we get it rammed down our throats all the time. The point is do you still believe the facts that are getting rammed inside you? Surely, if you cannot trust the CEO of NHS England, who can you trust? :bluebird:

Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:50 pm

If I'm reading this right Eddie...

You got it after jabs, but fortunately because of the jabs it wasn't as bad as it could have been but was still bad.

You're friend got it without the jab and it was bad, like really bad.

You made a choice, your friend made a choice. Both made your choice based on your own judgement on available information.

I'm with you 100% so far. Personal choice like you say do what you want.

But where I'm lost is how someone explaining their position and sharing information they believe supports that position affects lives?

It sounds like your suggesting people are no longer able to take responsibility for their own decisions.

The vaccine is widely available. If it works, how can anyone who chooses to take it be vulnerable to risk posed by those who haven't? You've just said you got it while vaccinated. We know that vaccinated people can still spread it - the data on that is fairly clear now.

The only argument left is the strain on the NHS and there is a lot of weakness in that argument as well.

All for the vaccine being widely available for those who want it.

All for protecting the vulnerable.

When it comes to mandated/coerced mass vaccination of a section of the population that wants to take the risk on their shoulders, then that is always where I have drawn my line in the sand.

But rhetoric like your shite affects lives is hyperbolic bullshit and nothing more.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:58 pm

by TheHangedMan » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:15 pm

Have I missed something here? I may not be the sharpest tool in the pack but there seems a reluctance from most posters to understand the reason for this thread!

I cannot believe that anybody who watched that video can defend the obvious and blatant lie of the Chief Executive Officer of NHS England.

Some have attacked me and thanks to the guys who have defended me........but it is not about me. It's about a person with huge responsibility who blatantly lied to the media, and subsequently the MSM ran the story without checking facts.

I do understand that people get entrenched into a position and thus find it difficult to get out of that fox hole. But facts are facts, we get it rammed down our throats all the time. The point is do you still believe the facts that are getting rammed inside you? Surely, if you cannot trust the CEO of NHS England, who can you trust? :bluebird:

It all comes down to basic interpretation:

1 Is it a lie when she says something that everybody can see is wrong because the UK media report the figures daily

or

2 Has she said something stupid that the UK media immediately report on as the figures are there for all to see?

Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:26 am

Scoularite wrote:

1 Is it a lie when she says something that everybody can see is wrong because the UK media report the figures daily

or

2 Has she said something stupid that the UK media immediately report on as the figures are there for all to see?

Or is it 3? Most people I know don't look at the figures, but listen avidly to msm, and believe all they are being told? I include one of my sisters in this group, as she has been double jabbed, cannot wait for her booster letter to arrive, yet still living her life in terror, I use that word, because she is more worried/scared, than myself, yet I cannot have the jab!!! She used to be a very strong independent mother of 4, with a great social life my , friends etc, now, she goes to work, home bed, repeat, too scared to venture into town, "just in case"!! Her life is destroyed,and she hasn't even contracted it. :sad7:

Sadly the way things are,and have been handled regards the scaring of a large part of the population, has in fact made some even worse, double jabbed too?? My sister still maintains her distance if I visit, and it feels strained, as I don't want her to feel threatened by her big bro's company!!

I have 1st hand experience on how people's perception of me, has changed rather dramatically, including losing two god sons, due to my inability to have the jab :sad7: :sad7: so lost two what I believed to be great friends, who we have travelled to many countries with, but two great little boys, who we had grown very attached to over 2 yrs, in truth, I could lie, and say my gp has declared it safe, and I've had it, but I'd be lying, and I still wouldn't treat them that way,I guess I had them wrong all along, as they do not realise the hurt they have caused, especially to my wife, who was sooooooo attached to them boys, as because she lives in the same house, has also been black legged, as I could pass it on to her???

Anyway, my main point is only a small number look at the figures published, they would rather be spoon fed the info, and if it's incorrect, as this was, I pointed it out to my sister, whose retort was "no it isn't, it was on the tv yesterday"!!!!! :sad7: :old: :bluebird:

Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:49 am

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:26 am

Scoularite wrote:

or

Or is it 3? Most people I know don't look at the figures, but listen avidly to msm, and believe all they are being told? I include one of my sisters in this group, as she has been double jabbed, cannot wait for her booster letter to arrive, yet still living her life in terror, I use that word, because she is more worried/scared, than myself, yet I cannot have the jab!!! She used to be a very strong independent mother of 4, with a great social life my , friends etc, now, she goes to work, home bed, repeat, too scared to venture into town, "just in case"!! Her life is destroyed,and she hasn't even contracted it. :sad7:

Sadly the way things are,and have been handled regards the scaring of a large part of the population, has in fact made some even worse, double jabbed too?? My sister still maintains her distance if I visit, and it feels strained, as I don't want her to feel threatened by her big bro's company!!

I have 1st hand experience on how people's perception of me, has changed rather dramatically, including losing two god sons, due to my inability to have the jab :sad7: :sad7: so lost two what I believed to be great friends, who we have travelled to many countries with, but two great little boys, who we had grown very attached to over 2 yrs, in truth, I could lie, and say my gp has declared it safe, and I've had it, but I'd be lying, and I still wouldn't treat them that way,I guess I had them wrong all along, as they do not realise the hurt they have caused, especially to my wife, who was sooooooo attached to them boys, as because she lives in the same house, has also been black legged, as I could pass it on to her???

Anyway, my main point is only a small number look at the figures published, they would rather be spoon fed the info, and if it's incorrect, as this was, I pointed it out to my sister, whose retort was "no it isn't, it was on the tv yesterday"!!!!! :sad7: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Firstly, very sorry about your family situation.

Secondly though, anybody who watches the news on tv, or reads a newspaper has the figures in their faces every day. So the point is was she so stupid as to lie when she knew that the figures would be shown to millions of people every day or did she make a stupid mistake. She would have to be really stupid to say something so clearly wrong when she knew that the information was put out for anybody to see every day, including the media who do look at the figures.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:37 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:There's a difference between a mistake and a lie.

She's the CEO of the NHS for God's sake. She's lying. She's lying because she knows sky, the BBC will re-run her interview for 24hrs before someone dares call her out, and they stop reporting her comments. You do realise we've had nearly 2yrs of lies now, for the very reason that should anyone dare challenge the NHS or Government,they are either immediately shouted down, or not given a chance to make their case.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:42 am

TheHangedMan wrote:Whatever your stance on this divisive topic, fake news and lies will help no one. Feel scared, very scared......because if the CEO of the NHS (Amanda Pritchard) is blatantly lying to you.....who else is doing the same?

Please wake up, it's not rocket science......actually the science, including basic arithmetic, has been taken out of the equation. Make your own minds up people. :bluebird:

Link below for those who are not fearful of the truth.....and I dare any one of you to make a case that she was referring to August! :bluebird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJvbGhKbZ9U

I did see the figure quoted on the news, anyone that's been following the covid news and figures could have seen it was miles out, I thought at the time that it was an obvious mistake and completely ignored it, the same as I do with 90% of the anti vax stuff, because it's obvious it's either made up or twisted statistics.

I would assume that it would be a quick interview, where the figures were inserted and she just read it without thinking, if it was a lie then it was a stupid one and she should be reprimanded and made to make an apology with a correction.

The way I see it anti vaxer's find one article or piece of news with incorrect figures and make a song and dance and ignore the other 3000 stories a day telling us that the vaccines are safe and making a huge difference and preventing lockdowns and protecting the NHS from being overrun, clutching at straws comes to mind with every link they provide to make their case.

As for Dan Wooten and GB controversial anything to try and get a viewer news, they are an absolute joke, Andrew Neil left after a week or two he could see how bad it is.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:58 am

Scoularite wrote:
Postby bluesince62 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:26 am

Scoularite wrote:

or

bluesince62

Firstly, very sorry about your family situation.

Secondly though, anybody who watches the news on tv, or reads a newspaper has the figures in their faces every day. So the point is was she so stupid as to lie when she knew that the figures would be shown to millions of people every day or did she make a stupid mistake. She would have to be really stupid to say something so clearly wrong when she knew that the information was put out for anybody to see every day, including the media who do look at the figures.

Thanks for your empathy regards family, but I never said she lied, or on purpose. My point was some people just hear what is said, and take that person at their word like its gospel.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:02 pm

Postby bluesince62 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:58 am

Thanks for your empathy regards family, but I never said she lied, or on purpose. My point was some people just hear what is said, and take that person at their word like its gospel.

I didn't think you were saying that for a second and was just trying to clarify my point that as she knew that what she said was going to be heard by so many people, including the media who were well aware of the actual figures she would have been a total idiot to lie, so it had to be a stupid mistake.

Your point about so many people not looking at the figures is very true, my own son and daughter-in-law being two of them, as they barely ever watch regular tv or read newspapers. Thankfully they don't watch "GBNEWS" either.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:05 pm

Scoularite wrote:

I didn't think you were saying that for a second and was just trying to clarify my point that as she knew that what she said was going to be heard by so many people, including the media who were well aware of the actual figures she would have been a total idiot to lie, so it had to be a stupid mistake.

Your point about so many people not looking at the figures is very true, my own son and daughter-in-law being two of them, as they barely ever watch regular tv or read newspapers. Thankfully they don't watch "GBNEWS" either.

This is the crux, the reason why this thread exists eminated from my drive into work and hearing this on the radio.....as de facto. My first thought was "Oh shit, here we go again, with major restrictions on our lives, my customers' businesses etc."

I am pretty sure when this was first seen on Sky News (link below), ITV News and other outlets, the viewers / listeners took it as a given. They would, as it is the CEO of NHS England after all.

After looking at the real facts my view was that it was a deliberate lie. But, if we give her the benefit of the doubt it is gross incompetence. A person in her position should get the facts right, otherwise, it could quite rightly spread fear.

I am pretty sure that the majority of people who watched / heard this first hand still believe the original statement. :bluebird:

https://youtu.be/qbv9l1H-5lg

Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:26 pm

Scoularite wrote:

Your point about so many people not looking at the figures is very true, my own son and daughter-in-law being two of them, as they barely ever watch regular tv or read newspapers. Thankfully they don't watch "GBNEWS" either.[quote

Fair enough, I'm in the same camp, I've had it up to the gills with it, no mainstream tv or news for me, and havent bought a newspaper in years!! To the extent I just had to look up GBNEWS, as that's new to me!! But one thing I cannot fail to notice is the divide between those vaccinated, and those who are not, whether through personal choice, or not.and that saddens me to be honest.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:36 pm

by TheHangedMan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:05 pm

Scoularite wrote:

This is the crux, the reason why this thread exists eminated from my drive into work and hearing this on the radio.....as de facto. My first thought was "Oh shit, here we go again, with major restrictions on our lives, my customers' businesses etc."

I am pretty sure when this was first seen on Sky News (link below), ITV News and other outlets, the viewers / listeners took it as a given. They would, as it is the CEO of NHS England after all.

After looking at the real facts my view was that it was a deliberate lie. But, if we give her the benefit of the doubt it is gross incompetence. A person in her position should get the facts right, otherwise, it could quite rightly spread fear.

I am pretty sure that the majority of people who watched / heard this first hand still believe the original statement. :bluebird:

This is where we totally disagree. I think that she was grossly incompetent and stupid.

Why would she possibly say something so stupid on purpose when she would be well aware that all the media would hear and millions of people who see the figures published on tv and in the press every day and would realise that it was nonsense? There was no way such a ridiculous statement would not be picked up and publicised.

What worries me is that she is in that role in the first place.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:17 pm

Scoularite wrote:
by TheHangedMan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:05 pm

Scoularite wrote:

This is where we totally disagree. I think that she was grossly incompetent and stupid.

Why would she possibly say something so stupid on purpose when she would be well aware that all the media would hear and millions of people who see the figures published on tv and in the press every day and would realise that it was nonsense? There was no way such a ridiculous statement would not be picked up and publicised.

What worries me is that she is in that role in the first place.

Monkfish above has it right.
They are now so blatant in their behaviour.

Don't forget 'the lie is half way around the world before the truth has it's boots on.'

And who the hell notices retractions even if they are given.