Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ It’s still seems very very strange? “

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:08 am

Ryan Wintle

Ryan Wintle's signing still looks a strange one in the summer.

Signed then immediately sent to another Championship club?

It was believed that McCarthy was told to reduce the wage Bill even more, so he had to look at who he send out ASAP.

The midfielder, who was signed as a fee agent after leaving Crewe, has been excellent by all accounts up at Bloomfield Road.

"I think he’s been excellent," Critchley told The Blackpool Gazette. "He certainly doesn’t go under the radar with the players and the staff because we appreciate the quality he’s got.

"To come into a team where he doesn’t know anyone with a new way of playing and to settle in so quickly and stamp his authority on the games, I think he’s been fantastic."

Three of Cardiff's midfielders — Ralls, Vaulks and Pack — are out of contract next summer and one would think that Wintle is the future, given he has signed until 2024.

The midfield does need a bit of a boost and Wintle could provide a lift in the engine room. He is someone the club will likely be considering for a January recall.

Blackpool would be gutted to see him leave if that was the case, though, given how the supporters have taken to him up there

Re: “ It’s still seems very very strange? “

Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:Ryan Wintle

It was believed that McCarthy was told to reduce the wage Bill even more, so he had to look at who he send out ASAP.

The midfielder, who was signed as a fee agent after leaving Crewe, has been excellent by all accounts up at Bloomfield Road.

"I think he’s been excellent," Critchley told The Blackpool Gazette. "He certainly doesn’t go under the radar with the players and the staff because we appreciate the quality he’s got.

"To come into a team where he doesn’t know anyone with a new way of playing and to settle in so quickly and stamp his authority on the games, I think he’s been fantastic."

Three of Cardiff's midfielders — Ralls, Vaulks and Pack — are out of contract next summer and one would think that Wintle is the future, given he has signed until 2024.

The midfield does need a bit of a boost and Wintle could provide a lift in the engine room. He is someone the club will likely be considering for a January recall.

Blackpool would be gutted to see him leave if that was the case, though, given how the supporters have taken to him up there

He has formed a good rep with the Blackpool fans, that's a given, in fact was talking to a fan of theirs online last week,and he said they were going to hide him in a b&b up there, so we cant have him back! Pmsl.I for one hope we will bring him back, midfielder is whst we need, and he fits the bill, cant see his wages being a lot tbf, so shouldn't be a problem there,MM thought midfield was packed,so,sent him out, without giving the lad a chance, to me MM seemed to make his mind up overnight on certain players, and never gave some a chance here, such as glatzel for instance.Although his wage was quite high so another reason i suppose?

Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:03 am

It's possible that we may look to sell him to Blackpool in January if they make an offer.

From the club's financial point of view it makes sense - a transfer fee in and his wages off the books.

From a footballing point of view it makes no sense of course but it seems there is only one consideration at the club at the moment and that is to cut costs massively no matter what the consequences on the pitch.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:07 am

Of all the positions we need to bolster is midfield sell Bacuna first bring back Wintle still save money .

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:08 pm

davids wrote:It's possible that we may look to sell him to Blackpool in January if they make an offer.

From the club's financial point of view it makes sense - a transfer fee in and his wages off the books.

From a footballing point of view it makes no sense of course but it seems there is only one consideration at the club at the moment and that is to cut costs massively no matter what the consequences on the pitch.

Surely even they must see that relegation would cost them even more money than bringing in a few players to make sure we stay up....surely!?

Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:14 pm

New Day Rising wrote:Of all the positions we need to bolster is midfield sell Bacuna first bring back Wintle still save money .

I’m sure the club would jump through hoops to sell Bacuna but he’s under contract and I’d imagine he’s on a good wage, plus I’m thinking there won’t be / isn’t a queue forming ready for his signature.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ryan Wintle

Win win ,the club can demand a transfer fee for him or take him back

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:04 pm

He's coming back in January.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:55 pm

From my understanding he's no different to what we already have here. What's missing is creativity and pace in the midfield or player who can deliver a killer ball. Wintle wont do that. That said I will be pleased to see him return and replace either Vauks or Bacuna. McCarthy's judgement was wrong here. Vauks is a nice lad but a poor footballer. He needed to go out on loan rather than Wintle with the task to prove himself of leave. I hope he leaves in January.