Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Its Clear that the Board are split on who to appoint

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:28 pm

City were in a curious place with the manager appointment. If is was to be Steve Morison then is would have been very quick and easy and announced as early as Monday morning, the same thing could be said about Fynn. I think the fact that no "White Smoke" has yet appeared over CCS suggests that there are a number of names in the hat, in fact maybe there are too many names and too many hats :oops:

Re: Its Clear that the Board are split on who to appoint

Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:36 pm

Agree it should have been straight forward,but worrying.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:45 pm

I'm not so sure but it does seem they didn't have a Plan B for life after Mick McCarthy, which is somewhat ironic given he didn't either...! :o ;) :laughing6:

The decision has been made and some details are still being ironed out. Still no name(s) but my understanding is still that it won't be Mike Flynn

Of the others, without solid foundation, I would not discount Steve Morison, Nathan Jones or (dare I say it) Neil Harris

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:20 pm

I'll criticise the board for many things, which I have done and will continue to do.

But got to be fair to them.

I'm glad they haven't rushed into an appointment. They've taken their time, which is sensible for an appointment that is absolutely crucial - more so than in the past, due to our league position.

It is also not necessarily a bad thing to have different members of the board putting over different ideas for the next manager. But it should be remembered that it will be Tan who ultimately makes the decision.

It's known they spoke to Wilder and he wasn't interested. It's also known that Flynn was considered, but issues surrounding his personal life made it unlikely that he would be appointed. The one thing that Tan does have is that's he's true to his beliefs.

They gave Morison the last three games. I'm not sure they expected him to improve the performance and style of play as much as he has. He wasn't being considered as permanent manager at first but because of the performance and style, as well as the fan reaction to him, he is now a serious contender.

It's believed an appointment will be this week and I don't think the length of time it's taken has done any harm. If it ends up that Morison has got the job, then the length of time it's taken may turn out to be a positive.

I know Morison is already at the club but that doesn't mean the process of appointing him (if that does happen) is any quicker. There are still all the details to be sorted - contract length, backroom staff, wages, powers, look ahead to transfer window, fees and much more. There's not that many differences to appointing a manager externally.