Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steven Gerrard's appointment at Aston Villa is seemingly im

Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:30 pm

Steven Gerrard's appointment at Aston Villa is seemingly imminent, however it is reported that he is still finalising how his backroom staff will look

10th November 2021

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard and his assistant Michael Beale (R) are both in London (Image: Getty Images)
Steven Gerrard and Michael Beale have travelled to London amid amplifying talk that it will be all change at Rangers in the coming days.

Beale is a person who, was of interest to Cardiff City. The coach is currently Gerrard's No.2 up at Ibrox, but the Liverpool legend looks nailed on to become the next Aston Villa boss.

BirminghamLive, report that Gerrard is expected to be named the next Villa manager following the dismissal of Dean Smith as talks with CEO Christian Purslow continue.

Crucially, though, they report that finer details still need to be finalised out, such as Gerrard's backroom staff at Villa Park.

Re: Steven Gerrard's appointment at Aston Villa is seemingly

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:00 pm

Sadly all Twitter reports from Villa reporters, and I am talking credible ones with 650k followers and similar say the deal includes Beale and Gary Mcallister going with Gerrard and it will be confirmed soon.
Feel we missed a trick here if all efforts weren't made to approach him to take over. If we have dragged our heels and we end up with Flynn it will be a catastrophe.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:04 pm

CantonStandBob wrote:Sadly all Twitter reports from Villa reporters, and I am talking credible ones with 650k followers and similar say the deal includes Beale and Gary Mcallister going with Gerrard and it will be confirmed soon.
Feel we missed a trick here if all efforts weren't made to approach him to take over. If we have dragged our heels and we end up with Flynn it will be a catastrophe.

It's common knowledge now that Flynn will not be our next manager.

If you look at it from Beale's point of view, it's probably more appealing to be a coach in the Premier League compared to a manager at the bottom of the Championship. The risk is a lot lower as well, as Gerrard will take the flak if they fail at Villa.

If him and Gerrard do well at Villa, Beale will be able to manage a bigger club than us in the future.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:14 pm

Yeah sadly agree there. Ah well I would be more than happy if Morison gets a shot at it. Other than him and if Flynn is ruled out I can't think who it could be.